Strain: Kali Mist

Pictures:
P7261341.jpg

P7261354.jpg

P7261343.jpg

P7261347.jpg

P7261353.jpg

Physical Examination

Visual Appeal: (visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing - excellent)
Visible Trichomes: (visible trichome content from 1-10 none - totally covered)
Colors present in the buds: ( on a scale from 1- 10 light - dark)
Green: 2 Green: 5 Yellow: 4 Brown: 3 Orange: 2 Red: 3
Bud density: (Bud density on a scale from 1-10 airy - dense)
Aroma Description: (on a scale from 1-10 upon freshly broken bud where 1 indicates subtle presence and 10 indicates pronounced presence )
First: Hash: 8 Leather: 5 Then: Pine: 7 Lemon: 4
Aroma: (Aroma from 1-10 repulsive - delightful)
Aroma Intensity: (Aroma intensity from 1-10 subtle - overwhelming)
Were there seeds present in the bud?(Y or N)
Y
Were there herm flowers present on the buds? (Y or N)
N
Overall Appeal: ( from 1-100 where 1 is frightening and 100 is majestic)
Additional comments:
This sample of Kali mist had a VERY strong odor. I opened a jar containing a half ounce outside and my girlfriend smelled it from about 20 feet away almost immediately. Instantly a the smell of cured hash hits you in the face followed by strong smells of pine and lemon. There were many colors present, the bud was mostly light green with red accents on some of the left on leaves. There were several fully developed seeds in my sample and more I know to have been picked out, but no herm flowers. There was also large oil droplets in some of my buds that were sugary when tasted.

Smoke Test

Utensils: 8" steamroller, 2 foot standing standard water pipe, single perc 1' water pipe

Taste Description: (use numbers from 1-10 that apply to the taste where 1 is a subtle presence and 10 is a pronounced presence)
Hash: 6 Lemon: 5 Orange: 2
Taste pungency ( pungency of taste from 1-10 light - heavy)
Taste impression: (impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant- scrumptious)
Moisture Level: (1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal)
Harshness: (1-10 smooth-harsh)
Smoke expansion: (smoke expansion in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explosive)
Smoke test comments:
There was a great citrus-hash taste that layered my mouth with each toke. There was quiet the harsh bite on this sample that had me choking on every hit, even before the expansion kicked in. I made sure there were no seeds in my bowl, there was none. I tried switching it up to a few different water pipes but they only took away some of the bite. Only after adding ice to my 1' perc was I able to keep my hits down as long as the expansion would allow. I slowly learned to keep my hits as small as possible.

Follow up questions

Dosage: .3 grams

Effect Onset: ~2 minutes & 15 minutes for Full Effect

Potency: (from 1-10 none-devastating)
Effect length:
~3 hours
Usability (from 1-10 where 1indicates the worst time of the day to consume this strain and 10 represents the ideal time of day)
Morning/wake up: 6 day/work: 4 Evening/relax: 8 Night/sleep: 8

Effect (what effect did the strain have write P if it had a POSITIVE effect and N if if had a NEGATIVE effect, next to each selected area please rate the intensity of effect from 1-10 where 1 would be a subtle presence and 10 would be a pronounced presence)
P - 6 :Ability to rest or sit still
N - 4 :Anxiety relief
- :Appetite
P - 4 :Audio Perception
- :Humor Perception
P - 5 :Imagination/creativity
N - 4 :Memory
P - 5 :Mood
P - 5 : Ocular Relief
- :pain relief
- :paranoia relief
- :Sex drive
P - 5 :Sleep
- :Speech Process
P - 5 :Taste Perception
P - 7 :Thought process
P - 3 :Visual perception

Overall rating from 1-100:
Final Comment:
The high of this sample made me want to stretch every part of my body. I felt warm all over extending from the mask of my face down to the tips of my toes. At first I didn't want to move around, and I was locked into position where ever the bowl began. I soon felt social, more so than normal, and found myself engaging conversations with the people around me. The high's climax was thought provoking and physically trippy, It stayed effective and at the same level for at least an hour until it methodically started to wind back down. I did not find this high useful for work , my memory slipped a few times and I found myself backtracking in the mid day sun. Although I found some premature hairs on this sample, and some seeds, I did very much enjoy it. I could still taste it in my mouth even while filling out my final comment.

J

joejusttyped

Sickkk. I got a 01 cut of KM and some seed from 95-96...

Was this from a new packk?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I now have a 12 year old cutting of Kali Mist going, still the best Sativa Dom plant I have yet found for Outdoors in Spain, every year a new bunch of pretenders try to take the crown...

The 12 year old Kali is seemingly identical to my 2 year old Kali,, I simply do not believe stories of it changing, most probably originally came from rivals keen to knock Serious seeds, a hard job !

I

izzywozzywizzy

Hi, igrew kalimist from serious back then never kept a cutting ,they were good 12 ft tall in my huge airy attic thigh length buds .the dude who got it said it was the best hed had ,i will always rember kalii mist.i was a novice and it grew itself very easy to grow and Not a wiff of hermititis back then.

meltybubble

Hi, igrew kalimist from serious back then never kept a cutting ,they were good 12 ft tall in my huge airy attic thigh length buds .the dude who got it said it was the best hed had ,i will always rember kalii mist.i was a novice and it grew itself very easy to grow and Not a wiff of hermititis back then.

The seroius fem'd version is quite amazing too,alough id love the og.

Great report an pics!

TonyGreenHand

This was a really heavy sativa, even with the seeds I found in this sample it still beat out most in shear potency.

The grower I received this sample from said that he did experience herms, due to a light leak, although I found no herm flowers in a solid 2 ounces, just some seeds. Apparently it is possible to herm this girl out.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Thanks for the smoke report, Tony. I love that energetic sativa high!

I got a couple of Serious' Kali Mist plants (from 2011 seed stock) growing outside in 20 gallon smart pots. They're the tallest plants in my garden, by far.

HB.

big twinn

Veteran
Awesome report tonygreenhand! Does anyone know how well Kali mist breeds as far as carrying traits over to its offspring? I've got Kali mist x Kyle kushman strawberry cough, as well as Kali mist x Indiana Original bubble gum, and finally kal mist x Kali mist (f2). I'm also curious if anyone knows how much variability she expresses phenotypically in the f2 generation as I'm hoping to obtain a plant that truly represents a Kali mist in its original form.
Thanks for the smoke report, it gives me something to look forward to as for a strong sativa.
-BT

big twinn

Veteran
Sorry for the double post....would you all say she is a great representation of an energetic, no sleepy sativa high? That's what I was after when I popped them.

Last edited:

TonyGreenHand

There is some sleepyness, mostly based on how comfortable your body feels when smoking the Kali mist.

Also found out that the Kali in fact, did not herm. It was a blueberry next to it that hermed.

F

Fluffy Clouds

The 12 year old Kali is seemingly identical to my 2 year old Kali,, I simply do not believe stories of it changing, most probably originally came from rivals keen to knock Serious seeds, a hard job !

i do believe too.. that Serious seeds do great job all the time... but for sure one can find indica pheno 70 days... with bud structure and also with smell resembles chronic a bit... so for sure.. changes was done after 1998... only if you smoke pure sativas you can notice change in sativas phenos of kalimist :biggrin: i think very sublime difference.. noticeable for hardcore sativa lovers, but not for most of us..

:tiphat:

J

joejusttyped

Isnt there some story about how Chronic was actually used after losing the original parent? Or was that for a different SS strain?

Homebrewer

Veteran
Does anyone know how well Kali mist breeds as far as carrying traits over to its offspring?

I've bred with Kali Mist and Ak47 and it is my observation that the strains from Serious Seeds tend to dominate a cross, assuming the other parent isn't a stabilized/worked strain.

So whatever variation you saw out of your kali mist ladies from your SS pack of beans, you'll see a lot of that coming through again in your cross with maybe a 30% influence from the other parent.

meltybubble

There is some sleepyness, mostly based on how comfortable your body feels when smoking the Kali mist.

I found this also,almost like a hashy after taste.

Homebrewer

Veteran

I could never sleep after smoking my kali mist and that's what I like most about it, there is no sleepy comedown. Only one out of my five females had any kind of comedown and she was an uber potent 60 day pheno that wasn't representative of the rest of the pack. I suppose it's all about selection.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I could never sleep after smoking my kali mist and that's what I like most about it, there is no sleepy comedown. Only one out of my five females had any kind of comedown and she was an uber potent 60 day pheno that wasn't representative of the rest of the pack. I suppose it's all about selection.

exactly, I found it the Speediest weed ever, best party smoke, you are typically to be found in the kitchen at 4:20 AM, cooking. Zero ceiling either really, you can just smoke yourself into a state of total insanity.

meltybubble

Im wit Tony on the sleepyness,at the end of a long day offcourse.

Eveyone's brain chemistry differs,kali satisfies me,enough though.
Its great there is no cieling otherwise id be smoking all night
too.

snooze

Sleepiness? No way its super speedy, like it makes you want to go out and run for an hour. If I'm not mistaken I think they crossed KM with an afghani to speed her flowering time up. I've definitely grown some phenos that where not typical sativa like growth. Look for the pheno with really thin and long fan leaves, with that lemon grass smell. This is my ultimate favorite strain