What's new

Kali Mist indoor organic serious seeds first run

These ones coming up were taken today. The others I just posted above were taken the 4th.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Penguin59

Hi sneaky_g and stormin!

Humidity should be quite high at this young seedling stage, about 65%-80% is good. You can drop it back to about 40%-60% when they start really getting into vegetative growth but this isn't really essential.

You should give plants a topping at about the third or fourth node so you could probably top the taller ones right now. Root system should be fine to deal with it. The plants have plenty of vigour in them as far as I can see too.

As for the distance between T5 and the plants, fluorescent lights can be pretty forgiving and you can keep them really, really close. To test just how close, place your hand under the T5s and slowly lower your hand away from the light until it's not burning your hand anymore. This will be a safe distance as the best judgement of what your plants will be comfortable with is you.

That soil mix you listed above sounds fantastic. Your plants will be loving it when they get transplanted. Keep it going!

howske

just hopped on the wagon ... they are looking nice man. hey storm have you been checking your ph ??
do you foliar spray ?? and how many weeks are the into veg ??
and just my own opinion but at the stage your plants are in 60-70 % humidity is good.. anything above 80 doesn't let the plants transpire properly and can stunt growth ..
just looking at the new pics and the new growth is looking good .. are you using any additives or have you just been watering plain water all the way ??

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
A little late, but I'm tagged !
Nice little plants, can't wait to see them in full flower...
With a proper organic medium and feeding regime you don't need to check the pH at all.
Good luck with your grow !
Peace, HJ.

sneaky_g

I was using bottled water up until now, but i just re calibrated my PH meter, and fortunately the tap water is showing 6.8 (so i think were good). I've been foliar spraying in the tent to up the humidity slightly but unfortunately it only lasts for about 30 minutes than it drops from 65 to 52 RH unless i keep misting in the tent.

sneaky_g

just hopped on the wagon ... they are looking nice man. hey storm have you been checking your ph ??
do you foliar spray ?? and how many weeks are the into veg ??
and just my own opinion but at the stage your plants are in 60-70 % humidity is good.. anything above 80 doesn't let the plants transpire properly and can stunt growth ..
just looking at the new pics and the new growth is looking good .. are you using any additives or have you just been watering plain water all the way ??

Glad to have you along for the ride. Currently all the plants are sitting in foxfarm ocean , trying to fill my 2 liter containers than i'll transplant to
1 x Bag of Ocean Forest
1 x Bag of Canna Coco
1 X Bag of Happy Frog
1/2 Bag Chunky Perlite
30# Earthwormcastings
6 cup pulverized dolomite lime 1-2 Cal/mag ratio
6 cups Bone Meal
3 cups Blood Meal
3 Cups Azomite
3 cups Greensand
3 cups Kelp Meal
Once i feel that the plants have become rootbound (which will probably take another 2 weeks i'm guessing? )

truepunk87

From kens seeds? If you get a female keep it... I gave my cut away before it finished and now really wish I didn't :( I have one are about 2 weeks though, hoping for a girl but all males have been exceptional as well hope you don't mind a few pics,
2243586d1341624121-punks-half-assed-kens-grandaddy-imag0200.jpg
2258666d1342574776-punks-half-assed-kens-grandaddy-img1808.jpg
grown with t5's

sneaky_g

very nice, what was the flavor like and i'm sure she was cheesin with crystals when u crack those nugs.. that deep candy grape skunk taste?

Day 29(ish)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?

[IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40681&pictureid=965329lbumid=40681&pictureid=965322[/IMG]

Penguin59

Such vigorous growth for that short period of time. Great work!

Glad to see that that deep green colour has returned after the ventilation mod. They're gonna be monsters by the end :)

OZZ_

Veteran
I agree penguin .... how much verticle room do you have? They can stretch 4x-5x I've heard! Going 12/12 from seed can land you a 4.5' plant I've been told lol.

When are you going to flip em?

Good work. ;)

sneaky_g

I'm thinking of topping them today... and than LSTing? Or what do you guys think ..
I can't wait for them to fill the 2 liters so i can transplant them and get them into the good dirt =) .. The overall veg will prob be 2 months i'm guessing. than 75 day flower ish

I recalibrated my PH metere and i'm stoked that my water is 6.5 right out of the tap, that makes everything simple with organics