What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

StickyBandit

StrongTree

KC 21 f4 nearing 7 weeks....scents are like anise,fennel, basil with dried figs...nice resins....already some amber showing.
IMG_0812.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG

Ravel

The top right and bottom left are not Kali China. The other three are.

The top left Kali has a much lighter shade of green than the others. It's been that shade pretty much since its first week. Could this be a nitrogen deficiency or is there something else going on?

All of the plants are in Happy Frog soil, being given plain water, no nutes. TSW 2000.

Attachments

• IMG_6686.jpg
    IMG_6686.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 72

StickyBandit

The top left Kali has a much lighter shade of green than the others. It's been that shade pretty much since its first week. Could this be a nitrogen deficiency or is there something else going on?

All of the plants are in Happy Frog soil, being given plain water, no nutes. TSW 2000.
Many problems are dependent on correct watering and root health. Do you pick up the pots to check saturation levels? I started using fabric pots and don't have this problem any more.
I think nitrogen deficiencies are generally first noticed on the lower leaves yellowing, not the whole plant

Cactus Squatter

It could be slightly hungry if it’s the brown bag happy frog, it is not heavily amended. I’ve always had to add fertilizer to it getting into flower. When I did I just used the dry happy frog nutes and scratch into the surface. I didn’t use as much as the fox farms schedule suggests though especially for most of the Ace gear.

I use that as my soil mix base and really like the brown bag stuff. I don’t run it straight anymore since I have enough on hand to keep recycling it.

Ravel

It could be slightly hungry if it’s the brown bag happy frog, it is not heavily amended. I’ve always had to add fertilizer to it getting into flower. When I did I just used the dry happy frog nutes and scratch into the surface. I didn’t use as much as the fox farms schedule suggests though especially for most of the Ace gear.

I use that as my soil mix base and really like the brown bag stuff. I don’t run it straight anymore since I have enough on hand to keep recycling it.

How many times would you say you could recycle the Happy Frog?

Ravel

Many problems are dependent on correct watering and root health. Do you pick up the pots to check saturation levels? I started using fabric pots and don't have this problem any more.
I think nitrogen deficiencies are generally first noticed on the lower leaves yellowing, not the whole plant

That plant was yellowish right from the beginning. Maybe it just doesn't like the soil? I treated it exactly the same as the other three plants which are doing beautifully.

(the one on the top right is a Bangi Haze that I had to put in a box in the trunk of my car for 6 hours. Still hasn't recovered.)

Cactus Squatter

How many times would you say you could recycle the Happy Frog?
Some of mine has been remixed at least 4 cycles now. I amend it with alpaca manure and a few other things, let it sit aside for at least 12 weeks with worms doing their thing. I feed the worms ground up fruit and squash/pumpkin scraps. It’s working out so far.

Ravel

Some of mine has been remixed at least 4 cycles now. I amend it with alpaca manure and a few other things, let it sit aside for at least 12 weeks with worms doing their thing. I feed the worms ground up fruit and squash/pumpkin scraps. It’s working out so far.

Glad that's working out for you. The hundreds of small dead roots in the soil after chopping aren't an issue right?

Latest posts

Latest posts