What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Breeders Pack

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

View image in gallery

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friends,

As promised some of my wife's photos and also someone asked me for more trimmed flower shots. One super trimmed, one less so, both off the S1 flower. I'll grab some more photos of the finished cured flower when I'm fighting the snow less. I just wanted to show both the deepness of the color and the intensity of the resin production. She is a frosty one. Hope these help give a clearer picture of the plant's possibilities.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fletch, welcome to ICmag. I think you're one of the more active newer members. Joined last month and posted 140 times. Good on you.

On this Kali China, don't wait. Order a pack. You won't be sorry. Thanks for reply.

Anjey

Hey Rizraz!
This was a joy to see, and I love and appreciate your in depth descriptions of the different lines. The nugs look stunning.
I think Kali China is a fascinating and wonderful plant, and I agree with you about Dubi and Ace being among the best out there with very special plants.
Thanks again for posting, and good luck with the next packs!

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Anjey, Thanks for the reply. The Kali China line is a no brainer. I wish I didn't wait so long to try her. I can't wait to try the elites I have.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's my pleasure to read your comments and insights about what you have found in Kali China Breeders Pack, rizraz :tiphat:
I cannot put into words better than you did.

Damn, the buds in your latest pics are mouth watering :yes:
They have nothing to envy to modern Cookies strains with such resins, colors and bag appeal! Wish i had some at this moment.

You are right, Kali China is a great breeding tool to lower down sativa flowering times, and to improve sativa indoor adaptability and lankier structures with its very tamed hashplant indica growth.

I also find sativa x Kali China crosses work very well to respect the sativa qualities, much better than same sativa crossed with modern Kush strains, which tend to be too narcotic for my liking.

I liked a lot the incensey Flos i tried years ago (both in terpenes and effects) and i agree such type of Flos will produce a lovely incensey cross (yet squat and early flowering) with Kali China.
Being more inbred, your S1 selection should be the most suitable for more predictable outcrosses.

Thank you deeply! :bandit:

Hey Dubi, Thanks for your work on the line. I'm not easily impressed with genetics, particularly indicas, but these are something really unique. The effect is what I find most amazing. Its really relaxing but not sedative. The size and structure of the plants were all so close, really great work in stabilizing the plant structure. You could easily sprout seeds and get an even canopy, even with all the different expressions of the line. The smells is what I think is most impressive. Lots of terps not normally expressed in Cannabis. Really nice work, I can't wait to explore her more.

The elite line is coming soon. I couldn't get my twin seedlings large enough to get clones off of due to pot/space restrictions so I didn't test the elite line. I prefer to test a whole line at once rather than little by little. I find it too hard to discern what is the best plant when they're not flowering next to each other.

The mutant did keep pace with all the others growing in that run unfortunately she did not produce flowers on pace with her sisters. She only had about 15 grams while the others had over 40 with the highest yielding was 73.4. I think I have some pictures of the finished flowers but she was a green type, not large budded and not intense the scent department.

The incense smells are most pronounced in the 22 line. The flowery, funk is a really incense type smell. Almost like if they made a Nag Flora with cave smells. The 22 line has the hardest to discern and most complex smells of the F5, S1 and line 22. It's a really weird even mix of a bunch of different smells, each time you smell it you get a little different take. All that said one of my twins from the elite line has the strongest flowery, savory incense smell of any of the plants thus far. Looking forward to the possibilities there.

Overall Kali China has made it into my all time top ten. I've smoked a considerable amount of flower and it ain't easy making something that reaches my personal top. I cannot thank you enough for the work on the strain Dubi.

For the S1 outcross I'm really thinking of using a Temple Flo (from 2020 drop) male I have. Both strains contain the same weird kind of flowery, musky, incensesy, savory smells. The temple flo and the S1 could both benefit from some vigor and I cannot help but think the weird way that both strains express color might be really cool. On the harder sativa side I was eyeing that Caledonia or the Caledonia 2. Either one I think would be a really cool cross into the Kali China. I think maybe I'd select one of my more mango cream leaning females instead of the black S1 for that project. I mean really, I think for the sake of creating interesting hybrids you could really replace any "kush" type of any strain with the Kali China and have way more unique results. She's basically a hashplant with crazy smells and colors and those traits seem really stable across the entire breeders pack. My worry is that it's going to be hard to get down to one keeper female of each line lol.