What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali Bubba Kush + Afgooey Grow

jawnroot

*KUSHEATER: Lovin' the bubba. Some super stuff.

*Abja Roots: I have a pretty firm handle on what's goin' on. They were running slightly deficient week 2 flowering (although I didn't recognize it until after the fact), then went into some pretty heavy deficiencies in week three. What you're seeing at the leaf edges is a classic sign of phosphorus deficiency. If these plants were running toxic, they wouldn't have lasted this long.

I did end up hanging the light a little too close this go around...will keep it higher next time. As I mentioned in prior posts, I'm getting back into growing, testing a new nutrient regime, tweaking an entirely new grow setup, etc etc etc. I expected issues...but really, at the end of the day, it's only some funky leaves. The buds--the important part--are lookin' mighty proper. Indeed, I think all things considered, these plants look pretty good, and at this stage in the game, the leaves are supposed to be showing signs of multiple deficiencies (see my post a few up with an example image from user "flying").

*Work2Much: The Afgooey is looking nice. The cool thing is, it's obvious just by looking at these plants that they're going to be different smoke from one another. It'll be nice to have a variety. Can't wait to try em. :) The elf is working out really well as an intake filter, but there are much cheaper options, like the HD filters. It's only there cause I already had it, and couldn't use it for anything else.

5/28 -- Flowering Day 56

Forgot to empty the tank on the air conditioner earlier this week...when it's full, the compressor doesn't kick on. As a result, it got pretty damn hot in the tent for five to six hours...somewhere around 100*F. Doesn't seem to have impacted them in an overtly negative way.

Other than that, they got their last dose of fertilizer this evening. In about five days, on day 61, I'm going to give them a thorough Clearex flush, then let them go another ten days after that, give or take.

Regarding the plants in specific, they're still adding mass. Interestingly, multiple people told me Afgoo is a fast finisher, especially when compared to Bubba...and yet, the Bubba looks more done at this point than the Afgoo. Another interesting point, the Bubba has a lot of chunky nugs all the way down to the soil level (there's literally buds growing out of the coco), and looks like it will yield as much or more than the Afgoo...which has been described many times as a high yielder, compared to the below average yields of Bubba Kush. To its credit, the Afgoo has a nice big top nug.

Alrighty then..after a long week of lame work and other nonsense, imma get high and play Plants vs. Zombies for a few hours. Enjoy the pics! :)

Bubba:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Afgoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jawnroot

Just a quick text-only update. This is day 62...

The buds are continuing to fatten up a bit and put on some weight. I flushed them out late yesterday (end of day 61) with clearex and distilled. Within the next four or five days, they're gonna get their last watering, which will consist of distilled and carbo logic.

I took a look at the trichs when I flushed them. There's a few amber, but most are clear or milky. I'm not a very good judge of when to harvest by trich appearance, so I'm just going to let these go the recommended 70 days.

jawnroot

HARVEST!

HARVEST!

6/14 -- Flowering Day 73

Well ladies and gents, the day has finally arrived. I was originally going to do the deed this past Friday, but I wasn't sure when my curing jars would arrive...so I put it off until today.

All I can say is these nugs look and smell fantastic. I can't stop sniffing my fingers! The Afgoo still has the pineapple thing going on, but there's undercurrents of tea and some other stuff. The Bubba's kush funk is still there, mixed with a mocha-grape menagerie. Delish!

The other great thing about the Bubba is that it's turned significantly purple. You can see this best in the photo where they're hanging to dry.

I'd guestimate both plants are going to yield somewhere between 14 and 28 grams a piece. Eyeballing it, I'd say the Afgoo is the yield winner this go-around, but I don't think the Bubba is too far off.

I'll be back in two or so weeks with a final tally and some dried bud shots.

Afgoo:

picture.php

picture.php

Bubba:

picture.php

picture.php

Hanging:

picture.php

jawnroot

Hey guys, back again. They've been dried and curing about two weeks now. Figured I'd take them out of the jars today to get a feel for exactly how much I ended up yielding.

Afgoo:

picture.php

The afgoo smells phenomenal...like a very sweet pineapple candy. I sampled a small bud...although I don't like to comment too extensively this early into the cure, the smoke is awesome. Very relaxing and creative. Yield was 63 grams.

Bubba:

picture.php

The bubba smells just as awesome as the Afgoo, but in a completely different way. Very mellow, grape-like aroma with mocha and citrus undertones. An early smoke revealed a relaxing high 100% free from edge/anxiety. Yield was 54 grams, about 15% less than the Afgoo.

Overall, this grow was far more successful than even my most hopeful predictions...this including a few hang ups along the way. Both strains are shaping up to be the best buds I've ever grown, which [not to toot my own horn] is saying a lot. I'm going to be posting a more thorough smoke report a few weeks down the line...I'll post a link in this thread.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
incredible amount for only 2 plant man, sure i believe in what you tell me about the smell, i can't wait for try this one, enjoy and great great job man!!!

jawnroot

Thanks for the upps. I'm pretty happy with this one. There was just shy of 8 grams popcorn and sugar leaf on top of the aforementioned bud. If you include that, I hit .5 grams/watt...with only two plants that were flowered at 9 inches. I could have easily fit two more plants of the same size into the tent at the same time if I wanted to...1 gram a watt, it seems, would have been fairly easy.

I should emphasize, the good yield was the result of solid research, preparation, and a "no expense spared" attitude with the equipment. My goal at the outset was just one ounce of quality bud for my medical needs...I'm not at all a yield grower. 100% personal.

Future grows will be smaller, probably flowered direct from clone. That said, with the amount I smoke, this Afgoo and Bubba is going to keep me stashed up for a long time. It's going to be a good while before I have to break out the tent again.