What's new

KALAMATA RED O.P. (Delicorganic)

taracula

- So it came the time i popped four seeds from Delicorganic's stash, three of them were female and one male.
The male turned out to be a hermie and the three were each one a different phenotype.
The first and the second pheno showed sex in week 6-7 of veg and the third pheno in about week three of flowering stage. All have been topped and had light lst.

- Grow conditions:
Lights 2x Apollo Led 480W(blurple), PPFD during veg was in 250-400 range and in flower between 500-750.
Temperature durin veg was 25-28 celcius, in early flower (1-4weeks) 24-28, mid-flower (5-9weeks) around 20-24 and last (10-13 weeks) was 10-18.
Humidity levels were 60-80% during veg, 50-55% in beggining of flower through mid and from there on 35-40 %.
Grow Tent was 2.4x1.20m
Vpd range during veg was 0.8-1.2 and during flower 1.2-1.7
Light cycle during veg was 18/6 and from the last days of veg the light cycle gradually fell to 11.5 hours of light until the last weeks of flowering in which the lights were 10.5/13.5

-Soil: Pheno 1,2 were in 20litre pots and no3 in 11litre
The crafted soil mix consisted of: 40% Peat moss, 30% aeration (pumice and zeolite), 15% Compost biosolids, 15% wormcastings + dry amendmends like spiroulina, wheat grass, gypsum and more.
In the transplanting phase Mycos and Azos were added.
Extra craft additives via KNF, Jadam, natural farming methods.

-Drying Conditions: 55-60% humidity, Temp 8-12C, Pheno 1,2 were drying for 14 days and no3 for 8 days.
-Harvest: Pheno no1 harvested in week 13(mostly milky), Pheno no2 in week 11, Pheno no3 in week 13 though it needed 1/2 more weeks.

Phenotype 1, during veg had a compost/leaf mold smell ,in early flower it started projecting more sweet aromas that developed to very fruity/haribo gummies that in late flower translated to a very sweet carot juicy smell. Due to some cold temps and direct wind from a fan at the lower buds a couple of bananas popped out but didnt cause any concern, in the contrary i got a couple of seeds from this amazing plant!! Light-Average feeder, highly resistant,very dense foxtail buds, easy to grow. Stretch was about x2.5. Full photos in the link below
https://www.icmag.com/special/albums...ed-phenotype-1

Phenotype 2, during veg had a strong eucalyptus smell, in early flowering stage it had lemon/lime smell with eucalyptus/mint undertone and ended with more herbal terps. Cold temps in late flowering caused her to self-polinate. Light-Average feeder, highly resistant, airy foxtail buds, easy to grow. Stretch about x3
https://www.icmag.com/special/albums...ed-phenotype-2

Phenotype 3, during veg it had some herbal essense, in flower it developed to some sweet-earthy herbal tones. Stretch x3, stretch a bit longer than the other phenos but had to be harvested earlier.
https://www.icmag.com/special/albums...ed-phenotype-3

Curing and Smoke report will be uploaded in the near future. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	22.jpg Views:	14 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	18114195 Click image for larger version  Name:	Mar 9 (11).jpg Views:	15 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	18114191 Click image for larger version  Name:	Mar 9 (11).jpg Views:	15 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	18114191

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 258
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 255
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Mar 22 (6).jpg
    Mar 22 (6).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

taracula

I’m really glad you shared this grow. I’m so interested in this one. Did you get any hash aroma’s ? It’s how I remember it.

Hello brother, pheno 3 has a hashy burn taste in the mouth when smoking, pheno 1 I haven't tried yet and pheno 2 is on the herbal side with eucalyptus mint taste and very cleansing effects on the respiratory system, so it's a blessing with all the sickness around us 😁

Hashislife

hello greek friends.
I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I need help on a greek landrace. it is called "Moliotiko" from RSC.
​​​​​​is very little information about it, all i know is that it comes from central greece, it looks like kalamata red, but is closer to a hash variety. apparently his lineage goes back to the heyday of Greek hashish. If someone documents me on it, I thank him very much.

taracula

hello greek friends.
I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I need help on a greek landrace. it is called "Moliotiko" from RSC.
​​​​​​is very little information about it, all i know is that it comes from central greece, it looks like kalamata red, but is closer to a hash variety. apparently his lineage goes back to the heyday of Greek hashish. If someone documents me on it, I thank him very much.

Hello brother, don't really know much information about Moliotiko just have seen it on RSC too, since it might be similar to kalamata red any help u might need about kalamata red I'm here to help any way I can! Peace

Hashislife

Hello brother, don't really know much information about Moliotiko just have seen it on RSC too, since it might be similar to kalamata red any help u might need about kalamata red I'm here to help any way I can! Peace

Thank you for everything,
my goal is to reproduce traditional hashish, with techniques as close as possible to the country of origin.
this year, I choose to reproduce Greek hashish, from the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. that's why I chose Moliotiko rather than Kalamata red.
-to begin with, is it essential to "crack" the seed before germination, like on some other landraces? -What level of power can I expect? rather 5% or rather 10% and more of thc (no need to be precise, just your feelings 😉).
- how are the weeds? rather harsh or fluffy?
- and one last question, do you know anything about Greek hashish? there is very little information, I only know that they were dry-sifting about 2 months after harvest. but I don't know how long they store the powder before pressing, or what mesh size, and above all, how they pressed (by hand, or in press, cold or hot)? sorry for so many questions and I understand that you can't answer everything 😉

delicorganic

Just a perfect detailed grow report and great growing skills there taracula!
Χίλια Μπράβο!
Im really glad for choosing them and double glad you enjoying it.
These individuals comes from open pollination lines where have been preserved a great variation of terpenes,effects and bud formations as well.
Phenotype no2 seems to carrying some of the characteristics that im trying to stabilize through inbreeding projects.
I anticipate to read about the smoking report after a proper curing.
which is your favourite pheno until now?

Last edited:

taracula

my goal is to reproduce traditional hashish, with techniques as close as possible to the country of origin.
this year, I choose to reproduce Greek hashish, from the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. that's why I chose Moliotiko rather than Kalamata red.
-to begin with, is it essential to "crack" the seed before germination, like on some other landraces? -What level of power can I expect? rather 5% or rather 10% and more of thc (no need to be precise, just your feelings 😉).
- and one last question, do you know anything about Greek hashish? there is very little information, I only know that they were dry-sifting about 2 months after harvest. but I don't know how long they store the powder before pressing, or what mesh size, and above all, how they pressed (by hand, or in press, cold or hot)? sorry for so many questions and I understand that you can't answer everything 😉

-Nothing special for germination, I soak the seeds in fresh clean water( not necessary but im using some knf inputs to give them a boost, living vinegar, fermented weeds and a bit of my homemade herbal tinctures) for 12-24h and then into the soil keeping it moist, I recommend y to keep it simple and don't risk to crack the seeds.
- As for the levels of power, THC number is not the case, its all about terpenes and how you preserve them, ill update with smoke report, flavors and terpene profiles soon so I'll answer your question about power there 😉!!
- Flower shape varies from pheno to pheno, main characteristics are foxtailing and frosty buds like diamonds 💎, yield is minus average (yield is my last criterion) but pheno 1 was beyond average(heavy dense foxtail buds) for a landrace indoor plant with a bit extra N in flower, so if you are going for a hunting try to keep as many cuts as you can cause you are gonna find some good stuff in there.
- Sorry but I can't give any answer about hashish culture, hope someone else can help you 🙏.

taracula

Just a perfect detailed grow report and great growing skills there taracula!
Χίλια Μπράβο!
Im really glad for choosing them and double glad you enjoying it.
These individuals comes from open pollination lines where have been preserved a great variation of terpenes,effects and bud formations as well.
Phenotype no2 seems to carrying some of the characteristics that im trying to stabilize through inbreeding projects.
I anticipate to read about the smoking report after a proper curing.
which is your favourite pheno until now?

Ευχαριστώ deli για τα καλά σ λόγια, after these findings and smoking some fresh drying flowers my mind is already on my next grow, with your help and kindness ill hunt a bigger population of kalamata red and try to give a more detailed report.
All 3 phenos are special but ill go with no1 for now, even if I've tasted it just once yesterday (after trimming it), it has the whole pack(for an indoor grower).
Let me smoke another one and I'll update immediately with the rest 😃!!

taracula

Ωραι δουλεια... μπραβο και στον taracula και @delicorganic... Any early smoke report ? or how do you find it in your head?

Καλησπέρα brother, I've tasted pheno no2 (total 3-4 spliffs), 2 week in jars, flavors are more hashy now, with lime and herbs still there, crystals are mainly white with a bit amber on sugar leaves and some amateurs, after the first puffs an electric signal goes through all your body, focus but you can feel the strong high in head, for the 1st hour you can make anything you have to and forget that you are so high, after that you are going into a Rollercoaster, special trip for another 3 to 4 hours, anxieties disappeared as the trip goes on, with every puff you can feel a full spectrum healing and meditation, i have to smoke more so I can describe it better, its more funny and complicated than it sounds 😀.
As for pheno 1 and 3 ive smoked just one spliff on trim day(few days in jars) so I can't describe it sorry, ill update soon...

delicorganic

Hi there,thanks for asking these questions,
i appreciate it because there’s unfortunately just a handful of people in our country searching our cannabis history and tradition.
Everything starts around 1870 with Egyptian farmers coming in Peloponnesse and teach Greek farmers to the cannabis cultivation and hash production.
There’s one official document from 1913 which describing what exactly was happening with the hash production in the country.Henry de monfreid is the second source that gives us details for Greek hash production in his book pearls,arms and hashish,he called the hash he purchased from Arcadia the‘’honey’’ and he was pretty impressed with the quality of the Greek hash.Both sources reporting Peloponnesse and mainly arcadia region as the only worthy region for hash production.
Mantineia region produced the best quality of hash,Messinia and Argos was following.
The name of the local strain was” kann`avi” and sowing was starting by the end of march.
They used to destroy male plants to increase the quality of hash but they were also produced (and finally sell for bird’s food)million of seeds by leaving a few males to pollinate the whole crop.
In optimal conditions plants could reach 2 meters height and harvest was around 10 of October.
They were drying the plants for 5-7 days under the sun by setting pyramid shape bundles in the field.
After they stored the herb until winter comes and then starting to separate the stalks and branches from the seeded flowers,then the farmers sell this green material to the authorized dealers and they were producing the final product.
They were using dense wire mesh with 4mm screen diameter fixed in 2 meter stable “tables” where by hands rubbing the powder through the screen,then they using a tool called “burato” to separate seeds and leaves from the powder,this was a container with an iron cylinder which stirred vigorously the material and a 0,10cm hole at the bottom for the receiving of powder.
The sacks of powder were then run through a press from which they emerged in the form of hard,flat bricks.
1921 was the last year of legal Greek large scale production of hash, after that prohibition people keep growing in backyards or up to the mountains with high secrecy for bud production and in a much smaller scale.

My fisrt cannabinoids analysis from kalamata red,Cretan and arcadian shows almost similar cannabinoid profile with Thc from 8 -12,6%
high GBGA levels from 0,4-1,5%
vey low CBD-0.1%
and an optimistic presence but in low levels from several minor cannabinoids like THCV -0,15%.

I have never heard or read for hash production in central Greece where “moliotiko” comes from,but i definitely trust RSC and their choice to release it.

Last edited:

Hashislife

-Nothing special for germination, I soak the seeds in fresh clean water( not necessary but im using some knf inputs to give them a boost, living vinegar, fermented weeds and a bit of my homemade herbal tinctures) for 12-24h and then into the soil keeping it moist, I recommend y to keep it simple and don't risk to crack the seeds.
- As for the levels of power, THC number is not the case, its all about terpenes and how you preserve them, ill update with smoke report, flavors and terpene profiles soon so I'll answer your question about power there 😉!!
- Flower shape varies from pheno to pheno, main characteristics are foxtailing and frosty buds like diamonds 💎, yield is minus average (yield is my last criterion) but pheno 1 was beyond average(heavy dense foxtail buds) for a landrace indoor plant with a bit extra N in flower, so if you are going for a hunting try to keep as many cuts as you can cause you are gonna find some good stuff in there.
- Sorry but I can't give any answer about hashish culture, hope someone else can help you 🙏.

hello and thank you for all this information, they will be very useful to me.
I would definitely do a growth diary. outdoors in Spain 40N°, climate: mountain/Mediterranean mix microclimate. quite similar to some places in Greece.😉

Hashislife

Hi there,thanks for asking these questions,
i appreciate it because there’s unfortunately just a handful of people in our country searching our cannabis history and tradition.
Everything starts around 1870 with Egyptian farmers coming in Peloponnesse and teach Greek farmers to the cannabis cultivation and hash production.
There’s one official document from 1913 which describing what exactly was happening with the hash production in the country.Henry de monfreid is the second source that gives us details for Greek hash production in his book pearls,arms and hashish,he called the hash he purchased from Arcadia as ‘’honey’’ and he was pretty impressed with the quality of the Greek hash.Both sources reporting Peloponnesse and mainly arcadia region as the only worthy region for hash production.
Mantineia region produced the best quality of hash,Messinia and Argos was following.
The name of the local strain was” kann`avi” and germination was starting by the end of march.
They used to destroy male plants to increase the quality of hash but they was also produced (and finally sell for bird’s food)million of seeds by leaving a few males to pollinate the whole crop.
In optimal conditions plants could reach 2 meters height and harvest was around 10 of October.
They were drying the plants for 5-7 days under the sun setting pyramid shape bundles in the field.
After they stored the herb until winter comes and then starting to separate the stalks and branches from the seeded flowers,then the farmers sell this green material to the authorized dealers and they were producing the final product.
They were using dense wire mesh with 4mm screen diameter fixed in 2 meter stable “tables” where by hands rubbing the powder through the screen,then they using a tool called “burato” to separate seeds and leaves from the powder,this was a container with an iron cylinder which stirred vigorously the material and a 0,10cm hole at the bottom for the receiving of powder.
The sacks of powder were then run through a press from which they emerged in the form of hard,flat bricks.

My fisrt cannabinoids analysis from kalamata red,Cretan and arcadian shows almost similar cannabinoid profile with Thc from 8 -12,6%
high GBGA levels from 0,4-1,5%
vey low CBD-0.1%
and an optimistic presence but in low levels from several minor cannabinoids like THCV -0,15%.

I have never heard or read for hash production in central Greece where “moliotiko” comes from good luck and have fun!

frankly thank you,
your information on the Greek hash is worth gold. I am not Greek, just a Frenchman living in Spain with a passion for hashish.
I study the techniques of making hash, from traditionally producing countries. (Afghanistan, lebanon, india, nepal, ...) I try to be as precise as possible (strain, curring, drying, pressing...) to practice and when ready, teach these techniques, so they don't get lost. it is very diversified, between historical research, crafts, genetics and agriculture. which makes this work exciting. and I'm glad you helped me. f
"Moliotiko" they come from the real seed company. I trust their integrity. but I'm amazed that they give so little information. I did some research, and it might come from Molios, where a wine called "Moliotiko" is produced. I could be wrong, and I will continue my research.

https://therealseedcompany.com/product/moliotiko-greek-kalamata-landrace-seeds/
ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

delicorganic

It must be molos region in Fthiotida district which is central Greece at 38N latitude.
Your study is so interesting,im really happy i helped you with these informations.
I totally agree for the integrity of the real seed company,no doubt for sure.
In the opposite ,The landrace team(TLT) is just another sad story for the community.
Here's a few photos which could enrich your work.

Attachments

• photo2125901.jpg
    photo2125901.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 165
  • photo2125902.jpg
    photo2125902.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 151
  • photo2125903.jpg
    photo2125903.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 158
  • photo2125904.jpg
    photo2125904.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 178
  • photo2125906.jpg
    photo2125906.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 213
  • photo2125907.jpg
    photo2125907.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20220405_093234.jpg
    IMG_20220405_093234.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 155
  • photo2125912.jpg
    photo2125912.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 141
  • map.png
    map.png
    16 KB · Views: 162
  • photo2125914.png
    photo2125914.png
    16 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
- Flower shape varies from pheno to pheno, main characteristics are foxtailing and frosty buds like diamonds 💎, .

Oye taracula, fine speciments you've got there, lad!
I've come across a couple of different phenos, one foxtailed like some tropical sats do whereas another one produced the "classic" long fat fountouni... 🙃
I'm giving it another go this summer, see if I can get a little closer to the renowned high long forgotten.

Boom boom!
orf the morf

P.S. Hey Deli, I don't remember telling you, but that plant whose pics you used never came home... them bloody rippers...

taracula

I've come across a couple of different phenos, one foxtailed like some tropical sats do whereas another one produced the "classical" long fat fountouni... 🙃
I'm giving it another go this summer, see if I can get a little closer to the renowned high long forgotten.

Boom boom!
orf the morf

P.S. Hey Deli, I don't remember telling you, but that plant whose pics you used never came home... them bloody rippers...

Καλησπέρα orf, nice to have you here, ωραία η παραλία στις φωτογραφίες σου, μου φαίνεται γνωστή I think 😃, ill hunt a lot more kalamata too from September, hope to find something special and mastered it indoors!!!

delicorganic

I've come across a couple of different phenos, one foxtailed like some tropical sats do whereas another one produced the "classic" long fat fountouni... 🙃

Boom boom!
orf the morf

Έλα ώρε θηρίο ανήμερο!
​​​​​​
Yes you told me long time before about this thuggery..
You are the first dared to give her space and i ll never forget it γέροντα, respect!
I wish this season for the erasing of the depressed and a good bunch of herbal blessings to knock your doors captain.

Gr.P.S.
Τελικά εκεί στον βορρά έχετε μεράκι και γούστο κ τιματε τον Νότο περισσότερο κ απ' τούς νοτιαδες..
Ευχαριστώ από καρδιάς.

Last edited: