Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

In~Plain~Site

County must be a little low on funds, it's fucking raining and I saw two :moon:
I thought, come home and make a thread about it :D

Here's my question:

After you successfully get through a speedtrap, do you always signal the oncoming drivers, or do you think/judge momentarily before you do?

There has been some kid speedin' around the hood, and I just hesitated for a moment, then let his ass slide right on by doing at least 20+ over.

I think he needed it...what say you?

/Discuss

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
County must be a little low on funds, it's fucking raining and I saw two :moon:
I thought, come home and make a thread about it :D

Here's my question:

After you successfully get through a speedtrap, do you always signal the oncoming drivers, or do you think/judge momentarily before you do?

There has been some kid speedin' around the hood, and I just hesitated for a moment, then let his ass slide right on by doing at least 20+ over.

I think he needed it...what say you?

/Discuss

i signal the upcoming drivers because they have saved my ass plenty of times.....

but that kid.....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's about helping.

If I saw anyone in the oncoming lane that didn't seem like they were a danger to society then I would broadcast the oncoming fuckery.

I don't think that many people would fall outside of my guidelines... someone doing 20+ over on the Interstate may just be in a hurry... if they are flying by in a 25 doing 50 then I'd say the help needs to be granted to society.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
The biggest speed trap i ever seen was on 275 going to detroit... about 30-40 bike cops and literally 20+ cars all pull over all down the high way almost every 50 yards for like 3 miles... craziest shit i ever seen.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
i ALWAYS flash when i see the pigs shooting radar...

it makes me happy to help others...

hey IPS, when the roles are reversed in the future, and you are the speeder, would you want that person to warn you? i know you are a weathered old man, so you should be well aware of the saying "what goes around comes around... "

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
well in texas the now have road blocks set up and take your blood on the spot with out a warrent ,children too,not just the driver,civel war is just around the corner peeps wake up listen to xm 158 at noon m-f to stay updated

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
well in texas the now have road blocks set up and take your blood on the spot with out a warrent ,children too,not just the driver,civel war is just around the corner peeps wake up listen to xm 158 at noon m-f to stay updated

there are no way in hell they can do that are you for real?

road blocks are unconstitutional i thought and random blood test i KNOW are unconstitutional....(ithink lol)

that sounds fishy

FlaDankster

Veteran
This is like a catch 22 ? to me.

Yeah sure if dude been drivin stupid some round da hood he's causin a problem and hopefully a ticket will get him straight,after all it's a small price for him to have to pay considering what could happen with him drivin like a tardo.I would take a $150 ticket over 20 yrs for vehicular manslaughter any day of the week .

But there is that possibility that the same guy could be flashin his lights at you tomorrow....right after he comes through that check point,true?

That's life.

I

In~Plain~Site

i signal the upcoming drivers because they have saved my ass plenty of times.....

but that kid.....

It's about helping.

If I saw anyone in the oncoming lane that didn't seem like they were a danger to society then I would broadcast the oncoming fuckery.

I don't think that many people would fall outside of my guidelines... someone doing 20+ over on the Interstate may just be in a hurry... if they are flying by in a 25 doing 50 then I'd say the help needs to be granted to society.

See, this was my predicament...I always flashem...but...

The biggest speed trap i ever seen was on 275 going to detroit... about 30-40 bike cops and literally 20+ cars all pull over all down the high way almost every 50 yards for like 3 miles... craziest shit i ever seen.

I've seen mass speedtraps...crazy shit/

i ALWAYS flash when i see the pigs shooting radar...

it makes me happy to help others...

hey IPS, when the roles are reversed in the future, and you are the speeder, would you want that person to warn you? i know you are a weathered old man, so you should be well aware of the saying "what goes around comes around... "

I feel ya' on the K+/- and yes, obviously I'd want a heads up, I also don't drive like an asshole through resi's either.

You'd still give him a pass?

If he was doing this on your street, kids, siblings or loved ones playing outside, it wouldn't piss you off enough to say 'fuck him'?

That's what I did, and if I need to take a hit of bad k for it, so be it.

F

ForbiddenFruit

The point is speed limits are logically too low. Speed limits are no where near realistic. Everyone wants to go faster, we all know the speed limit doesn't represent peoples needs as drivers and thats why everyone is always driving faster than the speed limit. The numbers on the signs have nothing to do with reality, they are specifically low so people get fined and ticketed which becomes an income source for the state. Sounds conspiratorial but its true. If you can imagine a road with no speed limit you can see how that would effect many aspects of life. Travel time,money flow,tickets,economic transactions,police work,worrying about speeding,driving a realistic speed that suits you, freedom.

Even with no speed limit most people wouldn't be driving 100 every where, but would simply drive a comfortable reasonable speed that takes you to your destination faster than the speed limit. The truth is when the speed limit is 50 we should be able to drive 65. Ever speed limit is about 10 - 15 below reality. This reduction is on purpose because the state knows people don't want to drive at those speeds, They are too fucking slow! haha, what a joke. Traffic tickets are probably one the most prominent ways that the state steals money from people unreasonably. It perfect jack the speed limits down so we can steal money from people while they are driving, and maybe they have some weed in the car. Then we can constantly watch the roads and profile everyone and bust the drug dealers. Obedience is the answer, people need to conform and that starts in their fucking cars.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
All I know is Arizona is one BIG ASS speed trap be careful.
I've traveled with a CB before and that is one nice way to be informed of speed traps and any other problems coming your way.

Last edited:

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
All I know is Arizona is one BIG ASS speed trap be careful.
I've traveled with a CB before and that is one nice way to be informed of speed traps and any other problems coming your way.

I

In~Plain~Site

I should have prefaced the story a little better.

These are not highways, these are 2-lane backroads, perfect for German cars, 45 is adequate for shit-assed American cars, let alone inexperienced drivers.

That's where the speedtrap was setup

Not far from this is the area Spongebob squarepants has been zipping along in his yellow deathtrap of a 6-cylinder, posted 25 and he does the 15-20 over the limit there as well.

I had a conversation with this lad once before about this very subject.(6-7 mos. ago)
I was cordial at that time, but apparently he didn't get the message and has continued.

It wasn't a contrived or planned action, the situation just kind of presented itself...I always flash...until today.As a matter of fact, I flashed the 3 previous cars before him, when I saw his car speeding out of a turn I hesitated...then said maybe he needs this. :dunno:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I trust my V1.

best $400 I've ever spent.

V1's are so legit.

I always flash people but you need to be careful. In most states if a cop sees that you are flashing someone and warning them of a upcoming speed trap, they can pull YOU over and ticket you. Saw it on cops once. Boy was the driver pissed. It was a speed trap but they put a unmarked car on the opposite lane specifically looking for people signaling oncoming drivers.

intotheunknown

Veteran
anytime i drive and i see a sitting cop clocking people i will always flash my brake lights to those behind me. and once i pass him ill flash my brights to oncoming.

as i appreciate it when people do it for me.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
ive actually flashed my lights at a cop who forgot to turn his lights back on after pulling out of a parking lot... must have been crankin one off or something...

anyways, i flashed my lights at him (not knowing he was a police officer because it was dark and there were other cars around him and he was coming head on- heavy traffic, 6 lane road... 3 lanes each way).... i flashed my lights and immediately this asshole hit his sirens/flashers on, u-turned and pulled me over..

before he could even ask me for my information i had my head out the window saying "hey the only reason I flashed my lights was because your headlights were out".... the young idiot cop actually said "REALLY?" and looked back at his car but could not tell because all of the lights were flashing like crazy... he took my info, went back to his car, most likely realized that he was a dumb fuck, and came right back handed me my information told me thank you for alerting him and told me to have a nice day...

it was some strange shit... i was totally shocked because i had no idea it was a cop that i was alerting... never in a million years did i think such a thing would happen, but it did...

Latest posts

Latest posts