What's new

Just ordered...

A decent tobacconist will carry good butane. Found colibri butane for my colibri torch not so long ago. At that spot in sandton city. I also picked up a two brands from builders warehouse last week that I just need to test. They were mini sized so no real expense. Otherwise, I'll just pick up a case or two on my next foreign trip.
No hassle really.

G

what is the nature of the impurities found in butane? are they volitile or do they leave a solid residue?

Clean butane, that is triple or quadruple refined butane shouldn't have any solid mass left behind. Simple to test, spray an amount of the butane onto a clean mirror. If any residue is left behind then the butane is no good.
Residue is generally some form of odour additive for safety purposes. You generally need to look at colibri or davidoff. I see in the hash forum, that some folks use King butane, but I haven't seen any of that back in SA.

getafix

Hi MZ,

Good to be back and see the forum growing so healthily.

If I use low quality cannabis, like Majat, will the BHO maker work? I can purchase "bananas" here for about R50 and it weighs about 0.5kg (i.e. 17 oz). But the stuff is nasty...

It would be great if this wasted resource could be turned into honey gold :chin:

DSCF005516b.JPG

Quick run.
Used newport butane, and one tube full of unsmokeable trash.

SatGhost said:
ok cool but what about the butane?
Pick 'n Pay in rivonia had four cans of newport. I bought all four. They should have plenty stock, being pick 'n pay and all that...
This is what came from an earlier run, prior to the bag in the previous post.
Three tubes of shite + 2.5 cans of butane = horribly stoned.

DSCF0047b28.JPG

Excuse the contamination, I dropped some leaf matter into the collection tray.

G

very nice MZ.
i've always wondered if there is a simple way to retain the gas for re-use.

SatGhost said:
very nice MZ.
i've always wondered if there is a simple way to retain the gas for re-use.
No simple way, but foaf posted a closed loop setup in the hash forum. I will build one as soon as I can get a recovery unit.

The oil is lasting forever... A bit too strong though, so I am smearing lightly on joints...
Otherwise, I am itching to do a few more runs sometime... I just can't justify it, as I still have a bit of oil left.

Hey guys

Can you educate me as to what you guys are doing here with butane and weed. Looks like you are making some form of hash oil or something.

Cheers

BA

Aaaaaaaaaaaah - Butane Honey Oil.

How do you guys make this stuff, I'm suspect about anything with flammable liquid/gasses!!?? lol

Still, maybe something I gotta try...