What's new

Just my first PC grow setup

Hen

Week 8

6D8316F.jpg

Starting to see more crystals now.

yTBzKwu.jpg

The top is like this because she's pushing against the roof of the pc case.

KzPiiCi.jpg

Hen

Week 9

I guess it's coming to the end now. I can't really tell if the trichomes are clear or milky. I need to get a magnification tool soon. What do you think from this pic?

2Zh6RRf.jpg

tvtm87e.jpg

Hen

Week 10

Final week! Time to flush my baby. I'll be using lemon juice to pH the water.

IFxfuhf.jpg

pdrEMed.jpg

I'm so close to my first complete grow. Just one more week!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good!
Have you been adjusting your pH the whole time with lemon juice or are you just doing it for the flush?

Hen

Oh, I should add, that the smell has really come on well. In a previous post, I mentioned there were days when it smelled really weird.

Reading about Kush smell on Leafly, I guess it's most like that (Musty/Sweet/Earthy). Quite complex IMO, as it's hard to identify one particular scent.

doams

Oh, I should add, that the smell has really come on well. In a previous post, I mentioned there were days when it smelled really weird.

Reading about Kush smell on Leafly, I guess it's most like that (Musty/Sweet/Earthy). Quite complex IMO, as it's hard to identify one particular scent.

I remember smeling this bag of kosher kush for the first time
it smelt of used old socks type of smell very strange not like ganja at all but it got me devastated very much ofc. no complains at all :biggrin:

Hen

End of week 10

Ok, so this is it. I guessed it was ready because I didn't have a powerful magnifying glass to verify cloudy trichomes. As I mentioned earlier, it did hermie, but I noticed the flower buds dropped before opening (I think). The bud sites were very sticky and heavy. I'm interested to find out the dry weight, after it's have a chance to dry of course.

Trimming is harder than it looks. Having big ass scissors didn't make the job easier, lol. My fingers had a really strong turpentine smell afterwards, which was a bit surprising.

JCEKCiw.jpg

The trim. I made an oat milk smoothy with half of it, and put the other half in the freezer. It worked a treat on my asthma.

rQfjhY9.jpg

Under the fabric pot. There was a little algae

NuAjCTO.jpg

Root ball all washed

UnEZTxu.jpg

Tap root exposed

1xKNQoS.jpg

Hen

Weighing up

Drying was an interesting experience. I gave one of the buds a squeeze after 3 days, and it kind of felt wet, but not actually wet. Then I did the same after 5 days and it felt totally dry. Perhaps a little too dry. The buds have also shrunk width wise, and are more airy now.

It appears I've dried them too much. I've had them in a jar for a couple of days, and the humidity detector says 46%, which is dryer than I expected. According to one site, you are meant to burp the jars daily, until the humidity drops to 50%. Then you can just store them for a month or so to cure properly. Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think about this.

On my crappy kitchen scales, the dried weight was 6 grams (it only outputs integer numbers) I guess this is pretty low, but then I was using about 17W of light power (probably less).

Here is the final pic...

a5WgWs4.jpg

Thanks folks.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's nice and frosty looking bud! 6g isn't the largest harvest but now you have a goal to beat and you also have 6g of great looking bud that you grew!

Hen

After some curing, I've finally managed to smoke some (a couple of times). I rate it as the best I've ever smoked.

It was very strong for me, although I haven't smoked for about a year, so my tolerance was pretty low. There was a strong, therapeutic effect on the body, and a clear mind high. Drys your mouth up good, and didn't give me the munchies.

The smell has finished as fruity with sour milk.