Votes: 130 18.8%
  • 61-70

Votes: 94 13.6%
  • 71+

Votes: 14 2.0%

• Total voters

EsterEssence

Veteran
"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill" Little feat. The next one for me is 60...

Gdawg61

The funny thing is..

The funny thing is..

When I was 18-20 I thought it was funny watching 50+ folks trying to be young. Why don't they just chill and enjoy the golden years?

Flip the script, and now I'm that old dude running, lifting and doin' whatever to stay young.

Our minds seem to stay young and we believe we can still do what we used too. Our bodies, however, can't cash the check our mind wrote. I love being the "old dude". When I can't keep up or lose to the younger cats, I always have an excuse, "I'm old". :tiphat:

Wild1

Sixty is just around the corner, my wife calls me an 'old fart" and I hear the word "sir" a lot more. Funny, still feel like 18 till I move, then I remember...at least for five minutes. Now where did I leave my car?

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
55...still feeling much younger, got the white beard and such though which makes me look older than I am, still fairly physically fit, gotta bounce in my step. The main thing that makes me feel old nowadays is the direction society has taken since I was a young guy, it did a complete 180 it seems, and the dominance of cell phones and social media in our lives (not me though...I don't fuck with facebook etc and barely use my cell phone).

I was talking to a young guy working the counter in a pizza joint the other day, got talking about this new contraption that "reads" your personal info from your cell phone as soon as you walk in the door, it remembers what you have ordered on previous visits, then he tells me he's thinking about getting an RFID chip installed under his skin to make that process even quicker/easier.

Gonna be robots before we know it....

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I saw Led Zep in '71 when I was 17... do the math...
PS.. the guy in the pizza shop is a young, dumb sap....poor kid...
see the 2 comments above..

Jhhnn

Veteran
You'll know you're "old", guys, when attractive young women address you as "sir" in a reflexive manner...

Getting old isn't for wimps, and retirement isn't for people who don't know what to do with themselves if they don't have a job. They die off fast, stoned or straight, particularly if John Barleycorn takes over the casa.

I've arrived at the age referenced in the old Beatles song- "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?" Lately, I've been having my doubts that she will, that she does, but that's a different story, huh?

My pension & SS start in January, and I'll be damned if the grim reaper will catch me because I'm sittin' on my ass...

dddaver

Veteran
55...still feeling much younger, got the white beard and such though which makes me look older than I am, still fairly physically fit, gotta bounce in my step. The main thing that makes me feel old nowadays is the direction society has taken since I was a young guy, it did a complete 180 it seems, and the dominance of cell phones and social media in our lives (not me though...I don't fuck with facebook etc and barely use my cell phone).

I was talking to a young guy working the counter in a pizza joint the other day, got talking about this new contraption that "reads" your personal info from your cell phone as soon as you walk in the door, it remembers what you have ordered on previous visits, then he tells me he's thinking about getting an RFID chip installed under his skin to make that process even quicker/easier.

Gonna be robots before we know it....

So when the app is developed that hacks smart phones to allow it to say you have a 10" dick is that really so bad? Then you can just sit back and wait for the phone to ring.
laughing.gif

Ain't it all fuckin' RFID chip shit ridiculous? I feel like Tom Cruise in Minority Report now just walking through Walmart and having those ad displays yelling distracting stupid bullshit at me. The first time I heard that shit it scared me. Then after jumping 2 feet and realizing what the fuck it was, I think, "Now, what was I looking for?" At first I just thought it was just somebody talking to themselves as is so common at Wally's World.

Brave new world. Very strange. More and more people are just becoming auto-bots for the rich/elite. A WIDER gap between the rich and the poor. Yeah, that's what we want! NO, middle class. COOL!

The future's looking kinda bleak. A little different than what we were all promised, ya know?

MJBadger

Veteran
and the dominance of cell phones and social media in our lives (not me though...I don't fuck with facebook etc and barely use my cell phone).

WD , you got that right . I`m pretty much the same mind as you , I cannot see any point in posting up the size & duration of my morning crap on a social network site ( at least it appears that every aspect of peoples lives are there ) I won`t use them , my mobile ain`t a smartphone it`s many years old & as long as I can make the odd call & text I`m happy .
Get on a bus or train & everybody under 35 seems to have their nose to the smartphone , I wonder if it will get any worse or is this as far as it can go in destroying the ability to observe & communicate .

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my mobile ain`t a smartphone it`s many years old & as long as I can make the odd call & text I`m happy .
Get on a bus or train & everybody under 35 seems to have their nose to the smartphone , I wonder if it will get any worse or is this as far as it can go in destroying the ability to observe & communicate .

I had to get a smartphone, just so I could read the numbers to allow dialing...lol...smartphones have the lcd screen, much bigger than those little buttons with numbers on 'em.

All those people looking down at their little screens, the ones I notice most are those idiots walking down city sidewalks, not looking where they are going, plugged into the 'net, divorced from whats really going on.

I had an idea a few years ago to write a short screenplay that would be about our society being invaded by space aliens, but nobody would notice flying saucers because everybody's eyes were pointed down.

N

noyd666

WHEN I WAS a lot younger and caught the tram or train to and from work etc[ before bloody phones] it used to amaze me how fucken dead people were, no smile , no talk, they used to hide there heads in newspapers, now its mobile phone LOOK AT ME IVE GOT SOMEBODY INTERERSTED IN ME,LOL, I BET A LOT OF THOSE DUDS MAKE OUT THERE TALKING TO SOMEONE, CRAZY WORLD. SMART PHONES TO EMTY YOUR POCKETS.

Latest posts

Latest posts