What's new

just got my 1st vape.....

tinman

it was thirty bucks. it also didnt have instrucyions!!! wtf! i figured how it all works now i just have to find what temp to set it at!!! it goes to 534F. k,peeps,how hot is it supposed ta be? i tried it all the way up and choked my brains out! is this normal? to choke that is? and do you use less weed with this or is it about the same as smokin a bong? it fee;ls the same in my lungs as when i smoke a pipe just a little smoother.it does not taste the same however. someone educate me as i dont pay attention to company advertisements. :thank you: :jump:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

250F ~ 275F should vaporize your weed w/out the choking.
when vaped your spent 'duff' should have a light brown and
almost tobacco-y color/appearance to it, dark brown/black
means you've actually burned it.......

EDIT:
That 250-275F of course is if your vapes temp gauge is right,
if not just try higher settings until you get the right vape rate.

tinman

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't like vape? I miss the tar!

ya know,B,i'm not sure im all that impressed! it is kinder on my lungs but i aint sure i like the buzz. i'll keep playin with it a while and then decide. and stoner4life,thanx for the temps. yeah.....500 was too high! lol :tiphat:.........tinman

I get higher using vapes. If I smoke a bowl it doesn't really do much it seems.
Tastes like donkey poo to boot!

But to the original poster, usually I use the same amount of nug, aiming for 390F or thereabouts.
It's really easy to knock your tolerance up with vapes because you can blast through it so easily since it isnt as harsh, though.

You are not supposed to be choking from vapes, that means your temps are probably too high.
Vape gas is supposed to look a little hazy but definitely not full and white (or close)

Usually it only takes a couple 'passes' of air to render your weed worthless
But you can keep getting smoke for a while after (plant waxes? proteins? sugars? bleck!)

What kind of vape did you get out of curiosity?

tinman

I get higher using vapes. If I smoke a bowl it doesn't really do much it seems.
Tastes like donkey poo to boot!

But to the original poster, usually I use the same amount of nug, aiming for 390F or thereabouts.
It's really easy to knock your tolerance up with vapes because you can blast through it so easily since it isnt as harsh, though.

You are not supposed to be choking from vapes, that means your temps are probably too high.
Vape gas is supposed to look a little hazy but definitely not full and white (or close)

Usually it only takes a couple 'passes' of air to render your weed worthless
But you can keep getting smoke for a while after (plant waxes? proteins? sugars? bleck!)

What kind of vape did you get out of curiosity?

i could not ell ya who makes it ,moldy, as no paper came with it!!and once the glass breaks i am sure i will not find replacement pieces! a hindu lady(i know she is hindu cuz i asked in case someone is offended) who got it for me thru her tobaco store.
i have the temp at 280 and it seems to be doin ok now. i do get stoned but its different from smoking fer sure

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been vaping my iolite so much lately that when I actually smoke a joint or bowl, the taste of the smoke is almost too distinguishable. Almost like tasting camp fire smoke. Never thought I'd fully switch, but I think I sort of have.

Calimed

Veteran
I usually aim for around 370-380, or 6 on a volcano.

A good vape hit...u should be able to take an entire lungful, blow out some slight visible vapor, and not choke or cough.

If your vape is good, the remains should look like this:

then cook with it :jump:

tinman

I usually aim for around 370-380, or 6 on a volcano.

A good vape hit...u should be able to take an entire lungful, blow out some slight visible vapor, and not choke or cough.

If your vape is good, the remains should look like this:

then cook with it :jump:

yeah,cali!! thats what it looks like when im done!! yeeehaaa im doin it rite!! so you can cook with this stuff after yer done vaping?
does it get ya high that way?

Sticki

I've heard good vapourizers are well worth the money, However personally I would rather spend my money on a ROOR bong.

I could never get over the lack of smoke on a vapouriser lol

Ramius

Veteran
yeah,cali!! thats what it looks like when im done!! yeeehaaa im doin it rite!! so you can cook with this stuff after yer done vaping?
does it get ya high that way?

I always cook using vaped bud and get the most potent butter I could imagine, it's unbelievable. I always thought it would be a waste of time until I saved up a weeks worth one time and then simmered it in butter for just one hour :) Makes your stash go very far

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i hate cheap vapes, the only vape i can hit is a volcano.

i had a 150 dollar vape, that shit would always make the hit taste like burnt popcorn, its been sitting in my closet unsmoked for years now..

bong every fucking day, the only way i smoke my kush is with my glass two footer

I always cook using vaped bud and get the most potent butter I could imagine, it's unbelievable. I always thought it would be a waste of time until I saved up a weeks worth one time and then simmered it in butter for just one hour :) Makes your stash go very far

What's a week's worth? Just curious. Butter ratio to weight (before being vaped, to clarify)?:tiphat:

I've heard good vapourizers are well worth the money, However personally I would rather spend my money on a ROOR bong.

I could never get over the lack of smoke on a vapouriser lol
Yeah, some ppl like the smoke...but if you havent tried them you should...tastes gooooooooood, gets you high, feels like nothing hits your lungs.

i hate cheap vapes, the only vape i can hit is a volcano.

i had a 150 dollar vape, that shit would always make the hit taste like burnt popcorn, its been sitting in my closet unsmoked for years now..
Haha..cheap vapes do suck. But I was converted by a box whip vape tho. VaporBros, something like that. It sucked, but somehow I got by with it for 2 years before diving into the volcano.

The whips kinda suck if you arent careful with em. You gotta adjust your heat/airflow so you dont popcorn it up. I always popcorned it at the end bc weed costs more than gold, but shit, it worked as well as the volcano, just not as convenient, and probably ionized chinese lead into my lungs for all I know!

jgrow

Not that it should be a surprise being a lot of us smokers are the "stoner" type but i have found that not many people that own a vape actually know much about them or what temps to use, though it does vary from unit to unit especially with the cheaply made ones but Ive seen temps from 140-360 being used. I for one don't own one yet but will in the future, even though i haven't been overly impressed when i have vaped but i know its to do with the cheap equipment and lack of knowledge from the owners.

M

Mitch Connor

i had a 150 dollar vape, that shit would always make the hit taste like burnt popcorn

Haha I know what you mean. Whenever I go to my buddy's place he's always got his little vape cookin and the house smells like lemon skunk/popcorn. MMMM MMMMM if you ask me

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
if your vapor smells/tastes a lot like popcorn then it is turned up too high IMO and the bowl has been cooked. I get a bit of a popcorny flavour at the very end of a bowl, lets me know its time to pack a fresh one.

am i just fooling myself or can you vape freshly harvested (not dried) buds?

I have heard of people doing it. first few hits you just get mostly water vapor, then you get some thc, they say it tastes green though

Latest posts

Latest posts