What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got back some old seeds from the early 90’s

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recently called one of my best friend out in BC asking him if he had any old genetics I could use in my breeding projects. He tells me over the phone that he still had my old seeds he put away for me and that he would mail them to me along with some diamond prerolls.
I couldn’t remember what seeds he was talking about until I seen the old bag they were in, then it came back to me. In April 1996 I got into a high speed chase with the police and crashed in a ditch and was arrested. Right after my arrest my best friend went to my apartment to grabbed my stash bud and my money I needed for a lawyer and he also grabbed my seeds from the fridge. It wasn’t a lot but it was some amazing genetics that I put away for a reason.
anyways it arrived this afternoon.
I ended up in prison for a couple of years as a result of my high speed chase and my best friend moved to BC While I was away and I forgot all about the seeds.

in one of the bottles is some Jamaican seeds. There was a kid attending saint Mary’s university with me and his parents were diplomats so they had diplomatic immunity. Anyways they sent him a package one day with a red candle wax seal on it. He opened it up at my apartment and in it was a half of pound of some of the finest Jamaican bud I have ever seen. I remember we rolled up a huge cone (back when you had to stick a bunch of papers together to make a cone). We smoked it and I swear the whole room turned into a cartoon. The walls were cartoons, I was a cartoon, my friend was a cartoon. I got so stoned I just wanted to come down so I ate 6 peanut butter sandwiches thinking that would take the high away. Wrong, it didn’t help at all. So I jumped in the shower and still I couldn’t get out of my cartoon world. I stayed in that cartoon world for 4 hours, but it seemed like eternity. Anyways I scored about 30 seeds from that half a pound and I put them with my seed stash in the fridge and totally forgot about them until I just got them back today.

I also see that one of the little bottles says NL x silver haze, another one says NL x purple haze.
other ones i can not make out the writing any more. I think one is NL x Blueberry.

a little envelope reads bomb strains from around the world. I remember the story on those. My Aunt Carol Pinni was dating Peter Genovese from New York and I had visited them at my Aunts place in Marlbro Mass.
in 1995. Peter was in his 70’s at the time. When he told me that he smoked I said I have some bomb weed stashed in my purple sunfire that I drove down in from Canada. I ran out out to dig out my stash and brought it inside and we blazed a few and I gave him the rest. In our conversations he told me he traveled All over the world and every place he visited if he found bomb weed he would save seeds and smuggle them back to the US. Then he opens my Aunts fridge and there was a huge pickle jar full of seeds that he said were from all over the world. He grabbed a yellow envelope he had some Prescious gems in. Dumped out the gems on the table and put in over 100 seeds in the little yellow envelope, sealed it and handed it to me and said here you go. I grabbed a pen and scribbled bomb seeds from around the world on it and then stashed the envelope in my sunfire and when I got back to Canada I dug it out and put the envelope in my bag I kept in the fridge and forgot all about them until today.

a larger bag says #1 on it not sure what that is cause I can’t remember It’s been so long.

he also sent me back some beans I thought I lost forever. i Forgot I sent them to him in 2001 some grapefruit x skunk beans and some romulan x skunk beans. So happy to have those ones back.

anyways it’s going to be fun trying to germ those and see what I have. Also happy that I have some more skunks I can add to my skunk project. The grapefruit x skunk one was so amazing with amazing high yields and frosty stinky buds that would stink up the whole neighbourhood.

Attachments

• B66B25FB-B18F-48A3-BC00-4A840C7F1F17.jpeg
    B66B25FB-B18F-48A3-BC00-4A840C7F1F17.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76

romanoweed

Did you see Mikey too ? haha, well it sounds great, old genetics are known for these Effects

So, sounds like you enjoyed that Jamaican bud.
Probably somebody can give you advise how to sprout thse old Seeds, after like 30 years, survivors might be sparse. Ic,mag has multiple Threads on this:
Search entry "germinating old Seeds".

Something about gibberlic acid and H2o2 in the right dosage (quiet alot people recommended to high dosages for H2o2) seems a consistent tacric.
Why not use Coconut oil as source for the H2o2 in a few testseeds , so cou cant dose too high..

But i recall the right dosage is: Dillute a 3 Percent H2o2 Solution by a factor of 100 (100 Parts Water, 1 part H2o2.)

Using very good Soil.. Keep moisture very balanced, never accidently let it dry out much.. (you can prevent that by simply using a bigger Pot, there Soil dries out slower) .

and wait long enough , we had one survivor coming out soil AFTER MONTHS.

Last edited:

iTarzan

I am very excited about all your seeds but the Jamaican and the around the world seeds sound very interesting. Good luck and I hope you duplicate the Jamaican bud you smoked with your friend.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sounds like you have a gold mine there. There are tricks to get old beans to pop, and maybe read up on them before trying. I also suggest learning how to clone if you don’t already.

Or maybe team up with a real seed producer, make some money and be sure the genetics are preserved. You may have a real ark there.

Guys have gotten into the seed business with a lot less. I have read stories of just one male made their lineup.

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
Keep us posted on your germ rates. Fair warning because I recently got back one of my old stashes.... don't get frustrated. Just pop 10 or 20 at a time and give them your best efforts.
Seed heat mat, humidity dome, etc.
All it takes is one. Good luck

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys

i been doing a lot of research on popping old beans.

a few of them were saying use peroxide soak first and then add a little coconut water. I also was watching using different strengths of Gibberelic Acid.

i gifted out some of my Afghan Mist beans last summer, a strain I created in 2005. those beans were sitting in my fridge since 2005 and they had a 100% germ rate using straight water on paper towel placed on a plate wrapped in plastic wrap and then placed in a cupboard above the fridge.

I am a little scared about these older beans though to be honest.

I bought one of those little seed crackers that look like tiny vices. I might do a test try on that bag of seeds that have #1 written on the bag since it looks like there is well over 100 seeds in that bag. I wish I could remember what strain they were. Its been so long and been through so much in life since then. 1996 was like multiple life times ago. Then I started law school in 2012, it was such a difficult 4 years to get through and then having to study for the bar exam. I was in my 40’s trying to get a law degree.

It’s hard to remember details before then. Especially, after I got out of prison, I been through so much and did so much and been to so many places. At one point I spent 6 months back packing through Central America then ended up in El Paso broke and not sure what to do or where to go. This was in 1999. I called home and my sister told me if I can get to Dallas Texas my mother oldest Brother Bob, uncle Bob would pick me up. I seen these hippies and ask how can I get to Dallas, they said they were hopping on the rail cars (train) and it ran straight through Dallas. so I chased after the train with them and we all hopped on and hid in a box car. when the train slowed down going through Dallas I did the tuck and roll. My uncle bob lived in a tar paper shack with no running water so I couldn’t stay there. His wife’s cousin ownEd the plucket family circus so I ended up joining the circus as a gopher for 6 months until I couldn’t take it any longer and jumped a bus to Boston. Worked in Boston doing roofing and brick laying for a bit, even worked as a cook, then moved back to Canada. Went back to university in 2007 to work on another undergrad and then law school in 2012. So just from my time since prison in 1996 I been through a lot to remember any small details like what #1 written on a bag of seeds in 1996 stands for.

and yes I was still able to become a lawyer even with a criminal record. can’t discriminate someone based on a criminal record in Canada.

Dime

Thanks guys

i been doing a lot of research on popping old beans.

a few of them were saying use peroxide soak first and then add a little coconut water. I also was watching using different strengths of Gibberelic Acid.

i gifted out some of my Afghan Mist beans last summer, a strain I created in 2005. those beans were sitting in my fridge since 2005 and they had a 100% germ rate using straight water on paper towel placed on a plate wrapped in plastic wrap and then placed in a cupboard above the fridge.

I am a little scared about these older beans though to be honest.

I bought one of those little seed crackers that look like tiny vices. I might do a test try on that bag of seeds that have #1 written on the bag since it looks like there is well over 100 seeds in that bag. I wish I could remember what strain they were. Its been so long and been through so much in life since then. 1996 was like multiple life times ago. Then I started law school in 2012, it was such a difficult 4 years to get through and then having to study for the bar exam. I was in my 40’s trying to get a law degree.

It’s hard to remember details before then. Especially, after I got out of prison, I been through so much and did so much and been to so many places. At one point I spent 6 months back packing through Central America then ended up in El Paso broke and not sure what to do or where to go. This was in 1999. I called home and my sister told me if I can get to Dallas Texas my mother oldest Brother Bob, uncle Bob would pick me up. I seen these hippies and ask how can I get to Dallas, they said they were hopping on the rail cars (train) and it ran straight through Dallas. so I chased after the train with them and we all hopped on and hid in a box car. when the train slowed down going through Dallas I did the tuck and roll. My uncle bob lived in a tar paper shack with no running water so I couldn’t stay there. His wife’s cousin ownEd the plucket family circus so I ended up joining the circus as a gopher for 6 months until I couldn’t take it any longer and jumped a bus to Boston. Worked in Boston doing roofing and brick laying for a bit, even worked as a cook, then moved back to Canada. Went back to university in 2007 to work on another undergrad and then law school in 2012. So just from my time since prison in 1996 I been through a lot to remember any small details like what #1 written on a bag of seeds in 1996 stands for.

and yes I was still able to become a lawyer even with a criminal record. can’t discriminate someone based on a criminal record in Canada.
"can’t discriminate someone based on a criminal record in Canada"
If that's the case why can't one work at a legal grow op with a record?

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"can’t discriminate someone based on a criminal record in Canada"
If that's the case why can't one work at a legal grow op with a record?
Well if they discriminate you based on a criminal record then start an action against them. If I can get called to the bar and become a lawyer with a criminal record then you can work at a legal grow.

are you in Ontario? If so then it is 100% prohibited to discriminate against someone based on a criminal record.

Dime

Well if they discriminate you based on a criminal record then start an action against them. If I can get called to the bar and become a lawyer with a criminal record then you can work at a legal grow.

are you in Ontario? If so then it is 100% prohibited to discriminate against someone based on a criminal record.
Yes I am.,

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What a story. You are lucky too, cause freight trains are a perfect place to randomly murder someone and toss the body. FTRA.

Seriously, I would contact a Canadian seed guy like Peak and tell him the story of those beans. Sell, or better yet partner. Win-win as you still get to smoke the genetics. I would kick some love back to the true friend who preserved them too, if they are still viable. This is like a Indiana Jones level find.

I think Lost Tribe talks with Peak, and maybe some others. Legal seeds in Canada, and genuine un-tainted genetics, are a killer combo. Release your inner need to survive the recession with unique items everybody wants, and nobody else has.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Interesting stuff.Where was the NL x Purple Haze coming from?

You can also use this for germination of old seeds.

image.jpeg