What's new

just got back from a trip to kona, hawaii

weedshooter

did a bunch of fishing from the shore and one day from a boat. got a nice 80lb shortbilled spearfish that made nice sashimi and seared black -n- blue and some with crushed wasabi peas. so good!

from the shore i was catching mostly triggerfish, wrasse, trumpetfish, and grouper. i caught and released everything i caught from the shore.

anyone else here go fish in hawaii? was really nice to spend a few joints there...

:joint::joint::joint:

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
I used to live on Kauai round 15 years ago.....only fishing I did was one day went out on a boat trolling. Waves were easily 8-10 feet that day offshore and the whole boat caught like two tuna.....

peace
jip

808kahumai

Aloha!

Aloha!

:joint: You should have told me! You could have come over and tested my new strain and we could have sat around the bonfire and talked story. I have some good fishing tales to tell.
Ah, well, next time!

AndreNicky

I just got back from the east side(puna), was a blast. Didn't get to fish but got lots of primo smoke and dope surf :)

S

smotpoker

Man... I was on Kona in April for a wedding. It was pretty, but a guy sold us some shady shit in an alley that wasn't pot... fugger.

Then another guy from Hilo sold us some DANK!! at great prices. We were blazed and loving it. Can't wait to go back.

mahuta

aaahh summers coming down here shortly. can't wait for the gamefish to start running - i usually spend as much time as possible through feb and march, marlin down here - mostly striped marlin with a few blues and the very odd black. albacore,yellowfin (although pretty absent last yr - bugger those long liners) more and more mahimahi turning up every year. sit back roll up and wait for the shit to hit the fan when the reels start screaming. bring it on - mahuta