What's new

Just got a dog - a wiener dog - help me name it

Wiener dogs are so cute! How about Lola? Lady Marmalade? Indica...I actually knew a guy with a dog named Indica.

I like the idea to name them based on something that happens, that usually works pretty well.

Good luck!

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
......Oi ....works without thinking....." Oi " get here

had a mate for years was calling his dog and all he would say is "OI".....took me awhile to ask what the dogs name was?....with a smile i was told his name is "Oi".....HH. =]-~

NOKUY

Veteran
damitrius777 said:
how about matty?

matty is a great name for a komondor...i was gonna name my next kom "matty"...depending wether or not i feel like giving him a marley name like ziggy ....we'll see but i was always thinking "matty"

komondor.jpg

my last komondor was name 'milla....some peeps i told it was short for sinsimilla (that was the truth) ...others i said i named her after milla jovovich...lol ....i fukin miss her to death tho.

(dont give me reasons to post pics of my pooches)..this was milla :joint:

whiterabbit9

Veteran
a shorter name gets me

like lola, maxi

thanks keep some coming, there are websites with names too, but a lot i just couldnt picture my dog with

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
peanut, rommel, shultze, guinness, down town brown, Mr. Mistoffelees...?

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
:muahaha: Sorry but there is only one name possible IMHO. SCHNITZEL. :muahaha:

Wiener schnitzel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Wienerschnitzel, an American restaurant chain.

Wiener Schnitzel (from German Wiener Schnitzel, meaning Viennese cutlet) is a traditional Austrian dish and popular part of Viennese and Austrian cuisine, consisting of a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried. In Austria the dish is traditionally served with a lemon slice, lingonberry jam and either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter. While traditional Wiener Schnitzel is made out of veal, it is now sometimes made out of pork, though in that case it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art (Germany) or Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (Austria) to differentiate it from the original. The dish may have originated in Milan, northern Italy, as cotoletta alla milanese, and may have appeared in Vienna during the 15th or 16th century. According to another theory, it was introduced by Field Marshal Radetzky, who spent much of his life in Milan, in 1857. The term "Wiener Schnitzel" itself dates to at least 1862.
:bashhead: :spank: :joint:

Last edited:

whiterabbit9

Veteran
hey guys

how is it with the cage thing, should the dog stay in the cage ?
he is a puppy afterall

where we bought the dog, they told us the dog will be crying
and he is

ouch

D

Don Cotyle

Why not name her MaryJane!!!!! Nice name for a girl dog, since she's long another name would be Spliffie!! Congrats on the new puppy, is she a longhaired Dauschhound?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
buy an appropriate sized kennel, dogs still have the 'cave mentality' even though they've been domesticated. A dog genrally will not poop or pee where they sleep or eat as long as you walk them enough, keeping them in a kennel during 'down time' is what you want to do.

Keep your puppy in the kennel for a few hours prior to walking, then go directly from the kennel to the outdoors and when she pees give her high praises. When you approach the kennel with the leash ALWAYS talk to her about going 'outside', key in on the word 'outside' constantly so that she understands it clearly, that way when she has accidents in the house you can tell her "NO Snickers, outside!" and it will begin to make sense to her. Be simple and consistant with the key words you use and she'll catch on fast.......

Kennel training is #1 in my pet training, my dogs come in from the outside and go directly into their kennel 100% of the time without me even having to tell them so. That happened because of a constant & consistant training routine. In the winter time or rainy days this works out well.

Dogs were always cave dwellers in nature and a kennel is not only natural but will give them comfort and confidence as well, DO NOT use the kennel as a form of punishment by banning her there for behavior issues as dogs can also learn to resent a kennel too.......

My favorite dog ever was named Trixie btw, I can hardly think of her w/o my eyes watering up, dogs have a way of exposing our souls.

And finally I'll leave you with this I found many many years ago.......

Treat me kindly my beloved friend,
for no heart in all the world is more
grateful for kindness than the loving
heart of mine.

Do not break my spirit with a stick,
for though I might lick your hand
between blows, your patience and
understanding will more quickly
teach me the things you would have
me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is
the worlds sweetest music as you