What's new

Just drove on socal 126hwy 4 miles from fillmore..Millions of plants!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
A far cry from 10 years ago these fields may haven corn..strawberry's etc..etc..here pictures outside my vehicles window 8 -13-2019

Attachments

• 20190813_112653.jpg
    20190813_112653.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190813_112657.jpg
    20190813_112657.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190813_112701.jpg
    20190813_112701.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 21

hayday

Veteran
I'll smoke your weed bud and share mine with you...
But no way in Hell will I smoke that weed:tiphat:
:)smoke out:passes joint to the left)

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
What does that sign in the first picture say? It gets to blurry when I zoom in.
Industrial Hemp?

furrywall11

it reads NO THC.
hemp fields are all over the place in souther Oregon too.
I be rubber necking overtime.
Beautiful plants

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its Cannabis - so a beautiful sight - whether its hemp or a drug cultivar variety - always makes me feel good - just to see it growing - and in such abundance!

CrossBones

Got me hemp license this year to test it out.. Only doing 200 plants or so on 1/4 acre. Friggin state took so long to approve I didn't get seeds planted until July 26.. Maybe they'll hit the field in the next week or so.. Next year depending on "Market" we'll go bigger.. Lots of new growers this year across the U.S. and no infrastructure means much room to carve a niche for yourself..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Got me hemp license this year to test it out.. Only doing 200 plants or so on 1/4 acre. Friggin state took so long to approve I didn't get seeds planted until July 26.. Maybe they'll hit the field in the next week or so.. Next year depending on "Market" we'll go bigger.. Lots of new growers this year across the U.S. and no infrastructure means much room to carve a niche for yourself..

Indica or Sativa hemp? and make sure you pull the males. lol

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Just 35 feet away..no one in sight.....i was so tempted to get just a few cuttings...

But i respected another persons cannabis.

In addition to infrastructure, as you say, to me there seems to be a lag between the scaling-up of new production and the actual demand for industrial applications of it (other than CBD oil). The industrial/commercial applications exist, but the industries that could most benefit from them haven't mentally/practically re-tooled yet in order to use this new/old resource. For example, if I were a contractor, hempcrete is the only material I'd ever use for walls. It just solves so many problems at once!

But it may take 5-10 years for the demand to ramp up, other than for CBD oil...

CrossBones

In addition to infrastructure, as you say, to me there seems to be a lag between the scaling-up of new production and the actual demand for industrial applications of it (other than CBD oil). The industrial/commercial applications exist, but the industries that could most benefit from them haven't mentally/practically re-tooled yet in order to use this new/old resource. For example, if I were a contractor, hempcrete is the only material I'd ever use for walls. It just solves so many problems at once!

But it may take 5-10 years for the demand to ramp up, other than for CBD oil...

Most Certified Seed was sold out this year or very hard to find, many new hemp farmers with no practical knowledge going for the gold. I forecast a big glut of material coming up with no where to go.. like you say - a lag time.. some investor group local to me is selling their seed and seedlings with a buy it back deal for candy making, ect.. Limits income potential for a guaranteed check, still a gamble tho - Oregon Hail storm destroys crops.. https://hempindustrydaily.com/damag...-farms-causes-potentially-millions-in-losses/

Lady down the road here mortgaged the farm, wishing her the best, yet waiting for the equipment fire sale.

I wonder where they intend to dry all those plants Medfinder pictured, I see some farmers are laying the plant on the ground at scale and flip em over a few days later like hay..

Still, long term visionaries will find many holes to be filled in the next decade, pick your niche and concur it,,

Waiting to see the new national rules this fall for the 2020 season and beyond, that's even still very fluid right now. I'm in a state that's running off the 2014 farm bill, so technically I'm researching hemp under the university.. 50 states, 50 sets of rules, one nation of confusion..