What's new

just back from hawaii

Burt

Veteran
greyskull-really looking forward to your insights once you've settled in
i dream of maui often and gazing thru the scope on the craters edge-zonked on bubble waiting to make contact with myself

JOJO420

Veteran
LOL

LOL

I know about Hawaiian. I live in Puna Hawaii. Have since the 90's. I guarantee you that the bud you have smoked as a tourist is NOT the primo. That is reserved for us locals. If you really want to enjoy the best of the islands, get in with the locals and be patient.
As for searching for seeds,lol haha ,better know who your dealing with cause they will tell you ( the Tourist) whatever you wanna hear. Sad but true. And on the real, alot of growers don't even share the good stuff, they give you any old beans and tell you its this n that, they don't even know. Happens more than you think.
Other thing is, you have to know the strain or else wise it might not finish when you grow it in other latitudes. The Hawaiian Islands stretch across many parallels of latitude. It depends on what Island you got your seed stock.
I'm not saying that you will get ripped off, I'm just saying be careful. Be smart .
The other thing I wanna discuss is the fact that not every grower is a breeder. There r shit tons of "growers" in Hawaii, almost everyone I know grows plants, does not mean they know how to maintain lines or do any actual work to improve them. again be careful who you deal with.
Anyway good Luck!! and ALOHA :tiphat:

OldPork

I'll tell you one fuggin thing. If I had a day to spend in Hawaii, I would immediately slap on my backpack head up in those pot growing hills, put my sniffer in the air, and go on the hunt. One way or another there would be seed procurement

U4ic

I grew up in Oahu 70-85 and yes some damn good herbs there.. I remember my mother cutting plants and sticking them straight in to the soil and they'd grow.. Very fertile soil there.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I call that the "Urinator" method.

I call that the "Urinator" method.

I'll tell you one fuggin thing. If I had a day to spend in Hawaii, I would immediately slap on my backpack head up in those pot growing hills, put my sniffer in the air, and go on the hunt. One way or another there would be seed procurement

Or, you could find your self treed by a smart grower's pack of dogs while your pants dry.:)

Mo' betta, make a friend, be a friend, and good things will come to you.:ying:

Jus' my experienced opinion.

Aloha,
Weezard

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just back from hawaii

Smart way to find booby traps or a pack of hog hunting pits... Thats how its done outside here.
Not very advisable, especially for a non local.
They dont find the bodies in the jungle....

But what do i know i can walk to jaws...

Edit: sorry missed weezards post
Aloha

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Howzit GS? How you stayin'. I'm right behine' what you been sayin'

Howzit GS? How you stayin'. I'm right behine' what you been sayin'

Smart way to find booby traps or a pack of hog hunting pits... Thats how its down outside here.
Not very advisable, especially for a non local.
They dont find the bodies in the jungle....

But what do i know i can walk to jaws...

Edit: sorry missed weezards post
Aloha

No be sorry, Brah.

In text or prose or signs dat rhymes
It can't be said too many times.
Dese chirruns could get hurt or worse.
So lemme say again, in verse.

You may find yer pants get peed
If here you venture to steal seed.

And that's da good kine sing ya know.
Could drop you inna puka bro'.
Dey nevah see yer ass again.:moon:
Mo' betta you jus' be a fren'.

Burma Shave

Aloha, Y'all
Wee 'zard of da jungle.

Baba Ku

Veteran
In the hills we don't have so many lyrical muses...but the theme is the same...
go messin with a mans grow and get yer ass handed to ya.
Most know not to take on such a stupid task.

got kinda a cool hi story,
when i went to waikiki in 02. me and a couple buddies rented some mopeds and hit the streets. few hrs go buy as were just cruisin the island then all of a sudden at a stop sign next to us is 2 local surfer dudes in a car blazin a fatty, so we rolled up and chatted with them at the stop sign and they invited us over to there place to bbq and whatnot. anyways long story short they were super nice took us on a tour of the island, some sweet surf spots and hooked it up with the best damm bbq boar o ever ate and some of the best weed i ever smoked and at a reasonable price 160half zip. that night we had a fat ass party in our hotel room and got booted and they let us stay at there crib for a week. hi got some awesome kats runnin round them jungles.

plus i lived on the big island for about a yr and a half in like 90 91, and keep in touch with a bunch of friends from there. good to have friends all over the place

way better to make some friends then the fire will come. plus they will never find ur body if u go walkin through the jungle looking to rip somebody crops. that shit is super thick

jiggasouza

ha, thats is funny. and i dont even gotta quote oldpork since you guys did already. ahha but yeah try hitting up another island where the brush is more thick, better yet if your not from HI-same thing anywhere, dudes wont think twice. see ya, nobody will miss you. bad idea. especially a time where the economy is like this. FUCKAZ WILL KILL.

Latest posts

Latest posts