What's new

just another need some advice thread

heymate

Hello my friends, greetings from Brazil.
I need some tips for my second grow room, I'm currently growing Auto AK48 and super cali haze under a 240w lighthouse hydro led (although it pulls 130-150w). And the plants are suffering from high humidity 65-80% and high temperature 30-31c (90+F) due to poor ventilation and melting down hotness year-round from where I live.
I'm aiming for my second attempt and I will try to make it right this time.
I'm nailing it down to the following (This is just a big resume):

-1000w HPS naked vertical bulb
-4x4 tent
-vertical sog method (Poorboy's Coliseum)
-Perpetual 12/12 from seed
-No veg/mother room, the idea is to only grow single colas, taking as clones the lower branches.
-90 to 120 <=1gal Coco hempy buckets mixed evenly with 40g osmocote+ per gal with the bottom 2" of the buckets filled with hydroton.
-440CFM exaust inline and charcoal filter
-Passive intake on the bottom of the tent with 2m ducting straight from half of a 18KBTU air conditioner.
-50cm static fan in the middle pushing the cool air up to the plants and bulb and to the charcoal filter
-Will start with 2 strains. White widow from dutch passion, and Godberry. Plan to expland as per my desires
smile.gif

-The plan is to harvest very frequently (about 2-3times a month), with a single room from clones to flowering.
-Handwatered, no moving parts, I kept following the KISS concept and this is what I have so far.

Q1:I feel that the 4x4 would be on the smaller side but this size is ideal for where it will be, I will change if necessary though.
Q2:Heard too much negative pressure will make the air thin up heating it even more. The huge negative pressure of 4 exchanges of air per minute should generate a good enough air circulation ?
Q3:1000w bare bulb 4x4 would burn the plants ?

Please comment whatever you feel like.
Humbly thankfull in advance !

CannabisFox

That humidity is very good for the plants (but when flowering starts it is a risk for mold) even the temp 30-31 is not the worst, but it would better at 27.

However regarding your future grow I think 4 * 4 foot which is like 1,2 * 1,2 meters is to small for a vertical with 1000w. I made a 1000w vertical with roughly 2 * 2m and that was well calculated. But of course it matters how much veg time you give them of you go with seeds or cuts. [it was flooded tube vertical btw]

About the negative pressure I have never heard something like that and I don't see the sense behind it o.0

heymate

I had some issues with powdery mildew with my current grow. I attributed those to temp and humidity. However, now that you mentioned, my current issue then might be air stagnation and/or soil lockout.
Those will be addressed in this next grow with better air circulation and the hempy bucket.
I think 4x4 might be too small as well,
The recommended canopy for a 1000w is 24" which translates to 60cm each side + 10cm lamp + 15cm each side for the buckets

so (60x2)+10cm+(15x2) = 160cm minimum diameter for a 1000w vsog I guess.
That would require a 6x6 tent at the very least.

With that in mind, I could probably go with horizontal vsog and a 4x4 and 1000w, the rest the same, and a air cooled hood. Simpler, but I dont excect anything over .5g/watt.

I have a 9000btu split AC not being used and a 6x8' room unocupied.
Maybe and only maybe I could do some 2000w stadium.

Any thoughts ?

CannabisFox

I think your calculation is very exact.

About your 2000w idea, it depends mainly on your experience I would say. But it sounds like a good room for stadium. Remember that you have to be able to reach your plants...

heymate

I'd definitely be able to reach the plants, however, I'm a very big guy, I'm worried about end up burning myself playin' around those 2000 watts in a stadium format !
Do you have experience with this method ?

heymate

I'm also considering going simpler with just a 4x4 horizontal sog and a 1k bulb. I think it could be enough. Let's say I get .5g/wattt. I could get atleast a couple onces per week once the thing gets going, or not ? :)