What's new

Just another grow

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Looks like those plants have some decent weight on them buds, I bet you get a great yield this year =D Nice job overall mate

Flowerman

HerbGlaze said:
Looks like those plants have some decent weight on them buds, I bet you get a great yield this year =D Nice job overall mate

Thanks bro for the nice comments, yield should be ok, just enjoy the chance at growing something I enjoy.;)
Here's a lower branch that is just covered with goodness.

H

HippyJohnny

Beautiful buds :joint: Where did the beans come from? I think I would love to give this mix a shot.

Flowerman

HippyJohnny said:
Beautiful buds :joint: Where did the beans come from? I think I would love to give this mix a shot.
Thanks, well here's a list of everything I'm growing at the moment, and where they came from.

Afghani x White Widow (Dtox)
NLHaze x C99 (Vic High BCGA) This was a random project
A11 (CSC)
GreenGiant x BlueWidow (A cross I made)
Nl x Shiva (Originally from HGF, these are F4's that I've made from the originals)
Panama Red x Ak47 (Dman)
Silver Spice (Dman)
Romberry (BCGA)
Blackberry widow (I actually forgot his name off of cbay, that's bad, but just popped 5 seeds)
Golden-G F2's (My own) (Just popped 5 seeds)
And some schwag from Mexico;)

I do believe that is it for now, I hope so, cause I'm running out of room and lights, lol.
Here are some macros since I'm here.

Flowerman

Just some photos of the little ones so you get an idea what they look like. We'll start out with the Romberry, it has some fat leaves, and it doesn't seem to prefer the lights intensity of the room, but it seems to be adjusting alright, also it seems to have the tightest node spacing, but this photo doesn't show it, just the leaves. All 3 Romberries look basically the same at this point.

Next up is the A11, this one is the speediest growing one of all the seedlings so far, and there are a few different phenos already showing their differences, not so much in the shape of the leaves, but in height, node spacing, and the grow width, but the leaves all look the same so far.

The last seedling to be shot is the Silver Spice, they basically all look the same, not as wide as the others, but showing fat leaves.

Flowerman

NLShiva @ 49 days. Not too happy so far with the results, but the fault lays with me on these. For starters, these should never be topped, and should always be grown as a single cola. I knew that before I started them, but topped them anyways, the second mistake I made, I sprayed them during veg with floramite, followed by bug buster O a week later. It was just a little too much, and the plants got stunted because of it. Now all of my other plants didn’t have an issue, just the NL x Shiva. Now that they’re in flowering, they’re growing super slow, but they are growing, lol, and on a good note, no mites;) lol. The only pics I have of the NL shiva, is from around 2001/2002 I believe, but my camera was a real shit cam, will have to dig up a few photos to show you they are cola dominant plants. Well the ones from HGF anyways.

Here are the shots from the 2001 grow of the NLShiva

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Does she yield better untopped, or just easier to manage? I have a sweet widow now that I cut the top bud off, so it does not make a big main cola, it is a mold environment, pre harvest. It yields less, but my net yield is better if I don't have to throw chunky buds away. Just curious. Be well bud.
H

Flowerman

Haps said:
Does she yield better untopped, or just easier to manage? I have a sweet widow now that I cut the top bud off, so it does not make a big main cola, it is a mold environment, pre harvest. It yields less, but my net yield is better if I don't have to throw chunky buds away. Just curious. Be well bud.
H

I never had a problem with mold with the NLShiva, but she just seems to grow better, and yield more untopped. This was my conclusion back in 01/02. The branches just went everywhere when she was topped, but didn't yield heavy, compared to if I had 4 plants untopped in the same given area, with less time vegging. But this is my first grow with this pheno, and I want to run another round with her untopped, just to see if it's the pheno, the strain or if I need to get better acquainted with her likes/dislikes better. So until that, I really can't answer the question 100% but it's looking towards the same conclusion I had last time with her. Now I have seen some who grew out NLShiva from Nirvana stock, that took to topping ok, but I've never had any luck with it with the stock I got from HGF. But over-all, it's been a great yielder, great stone/high, and tasty, so I can't really gripe too much, lol. And I have to take into account my slip ups while she was in vegging as well, so that's why she'll get another round, but without the topping.

Here's a few shots of the NLHaze x C99 @ 51 days flowering. And another NLHazeC99 a few weeks into flowering, I really like this pheno alot, can ya tell.;)

Flowerman

Just a little update, here are a few pics of the little ones, these are Apollo11, Silver Spice, Afghani Widow, and Romberry. I have several phenos of each, but these are the only ones that I like cause of their side branching, most if not all other ones are mostly columnar, but will still take cuts of every thing, and hopefully I'll find a keeper. But this A11 is short and very branchy, I like her growing pattern already. Oh these are ladies as well. Will have to take some pics of the Mexi gals when the lights are out, they're pretty nice looking, but one turned out to be a hermie, but will keep her going anyway as nothing else but the mexis can get hit by it.

Latest posts

Latest posts