What's new

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

oldhaole

Veteran
Jeez Canni...Don't get your panties in a twist...My mistake...you are neither a bum or a pothead....sounds like you are a working stiff....slaving for the man.

Of course if you know about a place to throw a few that only bums and potheads...your words....know about....sorry.... If your neither....how do you know about that place? Maybe from that time when you were....dare I say it?...Nope...not going to.

It was a logical jump...albeit wrong. Again...sorry...my mistake.

And the hardly puff part...I suppose those beautiful flowers you displayed were on their way to Homeless Hempheads for Humanity....or some other organization that distributes free buds to the needy. We know now you are not going to smoke them....OK...maybe one hit...but thats all.

At least at one time many moons ago, you were one of us....before you sold out.

And there is nothing wrong with selling out. If all goes right I will sell out in a few months too. Then I'll grow more and sell out again.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
LOL!

I still look the part, and yes there's some reasons I would know of those places. I still know my roots. ;)

Slave to the man I certainly am. :eek:: Pay's the bills and keeps the Fed off my ass, as for giving buds to the homeless,.... well not really but I've certainly given many away for no better reason than paying it forward! :D ;)

Sooner or later it's gonna pay off,.... I gotta retire somehow right? Surely the man isn't helping me in that aspect!

I've got some nice pretty flowers in the oven right now,..... Gotta take some pics soon. Still have 3 weeks to go before harvest.

I guess you could call me a "pothead" given that I love the cannabis plant in all it's forms even if I hardly smoke/use it personally. :tiphat:

Edit: Legal 2011 outdoor grow in progress! :D Only have room for 1 plant and here she is. Grand daddy Purple from seed gathered from hermi Indoor grow. Stable outdoors, F'd indoors. Needs some watering.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 11
J

johndoe123

Old haole what a great read man it's great to have ya in the community. Keep up the good work. I would love to grow legal in paradise. I have a friend going your way for a wedding in about a month or so. He is going to move there within the next year. Ahh to be single with no kids... Me I'm stuck right in the heart of the cornbelt. Got 5000 acres of nothing around me. It's not mine but the company that owns it uses it for a tax write off so I free roam it. My little slice of heaven but i do envy yours!!! Anyways good karma your way brother.

LetsSeeYa

Hey OH, nice looking plants man! I sure hope your plan goes well, i just got stuck on your last season i think. Plus the methods i gotta go through to re veg sorta suck, but this year the weather hasn't been like i had hoped. l was way ahead last year, but gearing more to the indoor stuff to be certain i wont run out, like now. Sucks. But i have a friend digging holes today as 3 are ready to harden off and be planted.

Man i have this seedling that looks like two plants in one. Its crazy as hell man, its like one set of leaves growing on one side and another on the other side. I will put a pic up if i can get one, i dropped the camera again, damn. I popped a few beans that gave me that Purple Beauty that was ripped last year, but could just get WW's as it was a gift of mixed beans. But i sure hope to get one like last year, she was perfect.

So hows the coffee tree doing? Ever since you mentioned it iv been so curious as to how it tastes. Way cool to pick your own coffee too, just like Wan Valdez<sp? If i had a green house i would be growing all sorta stuff that a person cant around here. What else do ya got around there that cost me big bucks at the grocery store? Id bet you could have a killer veggy garden there. But im sure time would be an issue with all the work you got on the table now.

Great pic's man! Looks like they are getting big and with lots of time left, you wont need re veg's. I am going to sweeten up my holes this year, which is something iv never done before. Im just happy its not 40 degrees and raining now, on with the planting!

Oh BTW 30 year pothead here and smilin :smokeit: If i dont burn one today, its going to brake my streak of 2 years of at least a hooter a day. Shit keeps the pain away:wave:

Thread gets better every day bro:jump:

LetsSeeYa

Twins?

Twins?

Ok so iv never seen a seed go twins:jump:Im thinking its a good thing with a scrog planned for this strain anyway. I top each side and should get 4 branches, but i will probably Fim it to get as many as i can. A couple years ago i tried to top one and Fimmed it, only because i got 7 tops is why im thinking this. Im thinking this plant should work fine for a scrog. I have another of the same strain that is growing odd too, the cot's on the other sorta just never appeared and i thought it might die, but she is still kicking:jump:

Anyone have a twin seed before? I hope its not a bad thing, i dont see how it could be as long as it grows?

Man i have my seedlings 3' 6'' away from my LED's and they are taking all they can take. I have a shelf to raise the re veg's in there and when they get to about this size, i can put them about 6'' closer. I just dont want to mess them up, i only have a few of these and i sure dont want to fry em. If i do get a male il try again to get seeds as its the best pain killer i have, but didn't do well trying the first time around making seeds. But i think moisture got in the pollen.

The only thing i can do in this tent with the LEDs is try this and that till something works for me. Its still just all new to me man, sucks. Much more easy outside for me, but that shit is getting tough these days for this messed up body.

I think its about 10-12 days old. You can see the leaves are a bit wrinkled so the heat may be a bit much, but its kinda like Filet Mignon cooked in the microwave, cuz your to hungry to put it on your grill. Like im so hungry for a plant big enough to clone in the cloner iv never used before, but now. LOL, this is going to be a journy...................:yikes:

Thanks OH, i dont have a place to post anything anyone gives a hoot about, but will start a thread as soon as i can fuck up my clones, lol. :bat:

Peace, and wish me luck cuz i dont wanna mess this up:help:

LSY:look at this:

Attachments

• 2 h seedling side.jpg
    2 h seedling side.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2 HEADED MONSTER seedling.jpg
    2 HEADED MONSTER seedling.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Jeez Canni...I suppose those beautiful flowers you displayed were on their way to Homeless Hempheads for Humanity....or some other organization that distributes free buds to the needy.

What these flowers?:blowbubbles:

G13xhash,
Durban Poison.

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Ok so iv never seen a seed go twins:jump:Im thinking its a good thing with a scrog planned for this strain anyway. I top each side and should get 4 branches, but i will probably Fim it to get as many as i can. A couple years ago i tried to top one and Fimmed it, only because i got 7 tops is why im thinking this. Im thinking this plant should work fine for a scrog. I have another of the same strain that is growing odd too, the cot's on the other sorta just never appeared and i thought it might die, but she is still kicking:jump:

Anyone have a twin seed before? I hope its not a bad thing, i dont see how it could be as long as it grows?

Man i have my seedlings 3' 6'' away from my LED's and they are taking all they can take. I have a shelf to raise the re veg's in there and when they get to about this size, i can put them about 6'' closer. I just dont want to mess them up, i only have a few of these and i sure dont want to fry em. If i do get a male il try again to get seeds as its the best pain killer i have, but didn't do well trying the first time around making seeds. But i think moisture got in the pollen.

The only thing i can do in this tent with the LEDs is try this and that till something works for me. Its still just all new to me man, sucks. Much more easy outside for me, but that shit is getting tough these days for this messed up body.

I think its about 10-12 days old. You can see the leaves are a bit wrinkled so the heat may be a bit much, but its kinda like Filet Mignon cooked in the microwave, cuz your to hungry to put it on your grill. Like im so hungry for a plant big enough to clone in the cloner iv never used before, but now. LOL, this is going to be a journy...................:yikes:

Thanks OH, i dont have a place to post anything anyone gives a hoot about, but will start a thread as soon as i can fuck up my clones, lol. :bat:

Peace, and wish me luck cuz i dont wanna mess this up:help:

LSY:look at this:

Can you get a pic of the bottom of the stem where it comes out of the soil?

Your CERTAIN there was only 1 seed in the cup? I've seen some odd shit with other plants, but never a twin from a single cannabis seed.

LetsSeeYa

Can you get a pic of the bottom of the stem where it comes out of the soil?

Yep here is the pic.

Your CERTAIN there was only 1 seed in the cup? I've seen some odd shit with other plants, but never a twin from a single cannabis seed.

You gotta be kidding me Canni? You think im going to post this odd ass shit and LIE.,:laughing: ? Two things im not and thats a thief or a weak minded lier.

Just my pet peeves bro, thats all:nono:

Peace,

LSY

Last edited:

LetsSeeYa

Sorry man took 3 hours to get this pic up. Had to put it in a different post, sucked to. But as you see one stem man:wave:

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Pretty nifty,.... kinda like it topped itself on the 2nd node.

I wasn't saying your lying, just that top view looked like 2 separate plants, and I wasn't grasping what you were saying otherwise.

Would have been even neater to see a "Y" in the stem below the first set of leaves :D

oldhaole

Veteran
John Doe...TYVM.

Five thousand acres of nothing? Damnit man...get to work.

LSY...sorry dude... not a twin. Plant looks like it topped itself. Only seen one only, split starts between ground and first leaf.
Very rare. Yours will have two tops on one plant. Just not a true twin.

Coffee is doing fine. With the rain it looks to be a good first harvest in a couple of months. PM me your address...I'll send you some.

Gee Canni...did I see naners in one of those pics? Looks kinda like seeds....better check on that. You may have a male.

Now while Canni goes and checks his room for no reason....

I think it's time to stop planting. This weekend was one big clusterfuck. We had a tray of 50 holes to do. I started the first patch, and my partner comes flying down the hill with security chasing him. So I wound up spending some quality time in the field, waiting for night, when he came to pick me up.

Next day on the way in the master link in the chain breaks, and we forgot our fix it kit at home, had to stash the bike, walk out, call wifey, retrieve kit, walk back to the bike, fix it and come home....did nothing that day.

Two more patches left and It's time to end the planting phase of this trainwreck with a wimper. If that chain broke when he was getting chased it would not have ended well. It waited 24 hours, and broke when it was just a PITA.

We got lucky. I think it's nature's way of telling us not to get greedy....like we didn't pass that threshold a few weeks ago.

So two more to go and were done. More than 500 holes, in 24 rows. Not too shabby for an almost old fart.

There's more...but It's late and I'm tired.

Attachments

• PITA starts.jpg
    PITA starts.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11
  • start going in.jpg
    start going in.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
  • waiting in the cane.jpg
    waiting in the cane.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
  • more green coffee.jpg
    more green coffee.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 11

oldhaole

Veteran
Put a Fork in It....

Put a Fork in It....

Last two went in easy. Back to the same field, they were watering, and I got those last two in by dark.

My mental notes read something like this; Pops field, down at tanks to first hump just above bottom road. come back up and look for rut and rock. In other side. First row has 10. up 3 and second row has 6.

Two we did today goes like this. Middle row to sand filters. Follow road down to second hump. Stand pipe there. Go up one stand pipe, and look for big rock. Down 5 lines. In Hana side. First row has 10. up 3 lines, next 6 are there. Down to next pipe. In on it. Grass gets thick. in more. 10 in this row. down 5 lines...another 7....

Easy right?

Summer's here. Trades are cranking, we've had a lot of sun, and the plants around the house are happy. Everything is comming around.
The gulch is to the point where I am almost proud of Rodnette and her kids. They may not be a total waste of space.

First hole has Rodnette. Next hole is Diesel/Rod cross. Next we have HB/Rod cross. Below that is a Kush/Rod cross. Four of my best holes have Rodneys genes...in a row. If these wind up keepers...I have some seeds of each stashed.

Then comes LSY's regrow, Grey's Headband clone, a double Jack fan, two Jack triples, and another Jack girl. Last is the Sativa I need to keep my eye on.

Also have a Jack/Rod cross in one of the bottom holes. I have all these crosses in the cane too. My vote on Rodney is that she is a Sativa Dom... not a whole lot of Indica there. Now we see how big they get.

HRM...no respect huh? How would you like your crow served?

Attachments

• Kush Rod cross.jpg
    Kush Rod cross.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
  • HB Rod cross.jpg
    HB Rod cross.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Diesel Rod cross.jpg
    Diesel Rod cross.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 9
  • gulch roses.jpg
    gulch roses.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 9
With all due respect.

With all due respect.

HRM...no respect huh? How would you like your crow served?

Oldhole….I shared Rodney solely for your enjoyment. Nothing more…nothing less. The fact that I jerk you around from time to time….well, that’s just for my enjoyment. :wave:
Jerking Canni w/ “bums and potheads”…..didn’t even know how much fun that was gonna be….but then “it is what it is”. I knew long before you that I can be a jerk.

I am waiting for family to “leave/go away” and I’ll be putting out some Rodnette here is SoCal soon enough. Somewhat late, limited light, they’ll never live up to your standards…but they’ll fulfill my expectations just fine. If things go well I might even come up w/ an interesting cross of my own.

I hope that you’re aware that I always wish you and your grow the very best....……ya’ ***hole! :thank you:

Horserocksman.

oldhaole

Veteran
Horseman...I understand totally. I'm enjoying it as expected.

I've been called worse things by better people...or better things by worse people.

Bum...Pothead...shit... if I had a dollar for evey time I've been called those two adverbs...in the same sentance no less...Big bucks bruddah...I'd be the rich haole I love to hate.

Canni....hit a nerve there. Poor bastard....He wants to....but can't do that. The "man" owns him. sad to see...but it is what it is. Like he hardly ever smokes...yea right...if that's true I have some beachfront land in Iowa to sell ya. Wonder if he found where the seeds in his grow came from...yet.

I thank you for Rodney. It won't yield as much as I want...do they ever? But I think we'll get some top shelf personal stash out of the deal. Life's too short to smoke shitty weed.

Good Luck with the Rodney grow. Now stop pissing on my leg...and telling me it's raining. I'm sure your grow will excede my expectations.

Ponder that for a minute.

I don't care what everybody says about you behind you back...This pothead, bum thinks your OK.

Proudly Your Friend,

***hole.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
For all my searching I couldn't find a single F'n nanner!!!?!? Where did you see em in the pics I'm starting to get worried.

HMR. F'n Jerk, I hope Rodney works out for ya, even if it's not haoleish I'm betting it'll be better than anything I pull off this year! :wave:

Long weekend this time round,.... Might have to go for a bit of a bike ride I think! ;)

oldhaole

Veteran
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

Canni...keep looking....HRM Inc....the and I quote "HRM F'n jerk" just instructed me to offer you the Rodney line. PM me if you want to give her a shot. Now get your foot out of your mouth. :tiphat:

Spring is but a memory...Summer is here. :bump:

The whole last week has been sunny and dry. Perfect weather. Perfect normal windy weather. I live in the lee of a fair sized volcano. Normal ground heating puts a deck of clouds just overhead. Every afternoon, like clockwork, the clouds form and block out the sun.

Except when the tradewinds blow. Then that cloud deck gets blown out to sea.

So we begin summer with a streak of sunshine. If this wind keeps up....it's all good. There will be no problems with mold or WPM. Humidity is 60% instead of 90%.

Out in the gulch, I've been tying everything in place. The last two holes can't be seen from anywhere, so I'm not going to mess with them. Let them get tall. Partner found his notes to his freezer seed stash. The unknown Sativa is an Elephant Ear. She is already seven ft tall. And the Jack Herer triple is past six ft.

I wasn't getting enough water to the big bottom girls, so I changed all the drippers. Those babies are sucking it down. I'm putting 10 gallons of water on each plant every two sunny days. Besides the time release, and the blood, I have yet to fertilize anything. That starts next week.

Other than that all is going well. I have a nice head start on the summer season.

Pics 1) Elephant Ear.
Pic 2) Jack fan. Two plants pulled down in different directions opens up the bottom branches to the light.
Pic 3) One of two Jack triples.
Pic 4) The other triple is in front. Of 200 or so Jack x Jack seeds there were two triples. Both were in the 12 or so seeds I put directly into the ground at the house. What are the odds?
Pic 5) Rodnette. Bent over. She likes it that way.
Pic 6) The biggest of Rodneys kids. This one is Jack x Rodney.
Pic 7) Headband...some lower branches seem to be missing. They have been cloned. Ten of each.

Attachments

• 6 headband...branches are missing.jpg
    6 headband...branches are missing.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14
  • 20  JackRodney cross.jpg
    20 JackRodney cross.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1 rodnette memorial day.jpg
    1 rodnette memorial day.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • jack herer 8 & 9.jpg
    jack herer 8 & 9.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 10 jack herer triple.jpg
    10 jack herer triple.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 7 jack fan.jpg
    7 jack fan.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 11 memorial day.jpg
    11 memorial day.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14

oldhaole

Veteran
And Then There Were Nine.

And Then There Were Nine.

Had to put one of my dogs down today.

It wasn't like we didn't see this comming. And it is not the first time we had to do this. My property has almost as many dogs planted in it as pakalolo.

Wife of my youth and I never had kids. Probably for the better...

Anyway Fluffy was the opposite of Hybred Vigor. Eleven years ago we found a litter of puppies some asshole dumped on the side of the road. The whole litter was problems.

Fluffy was dumb as a post. Worthless watchdog, He had neurological problems. Just watching him walk down to the grass, you didn't know weather to laugh or cry.

Of the litter we have one left. Fluffy made it to 11 1/2. For a worthless mutt he worked his way deep into our hearts. The entire pack is wandering around like lost sheep.

No update today,

This one's for Fluffy.

Attachments

• cat and fuffy.jpg
    cat and fuffy.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah man bro
thats a tough one