just a couple of dry zamal pics

Squiggles

got hold of a pack of zamal from the gn collection
and gifted them away here is what was brought back to me

the high is amazing no roof and very energetic

id like to thank Dubi as i believe it was his hand that brought us these

:headbange

Gerrit

Very nice, good to hear some of these seeds still pop. (they are really old)

Actually, the seeds from the GN Collection came from Christophe, but Dubi was or is still working with these so you might be able to get something close from him soon.

What's the aroma, carrot or peppery?

Gerrit

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
nice bro!

what latitude did your buddy grow her at ?

Hey Gerrit i have some of your masibindis and masibindi x warlocks waiting to pop,,,, do you think the masibindi x warlock will run ok indoors ??

and would the masibindi finish outside at 53N ?? i figure the zamal being a (potentially) 10 foot + growing, equatorial line, could cause trouble outside..

C

charlie garcia

Actually, the seeds from the GN Collection came from Christophe, but Dubi was or is still working with these so you might be able to get something close from him soon.

Gerrit

Hi Gerrit, how are you sir
you know well :)
havent gown by myself, lack of time but Dubi and friends say is a great lady, strong and trippy effect, tends to autoflower a bit
stay well
best

Squiggles

Gerrit

peppery mate
i was hoping for a carrot pheno but alas it wasnt to be
and it wasnt Dubi i see
thankyou Christophe for these mate

nice bro!

what latitude did your buddy grow her at ?

Hey Gerrit i have some of your masibindis and masibindi x warlocks waiting to pop,,,, do you think the masibindi x warlock will run ok indoors ??

and would the masibindi finish outside at 53N ?? i figure the zamal being a (potentially) 10 foot + growing, equatorial line, could cause trouble outside..

not far from the tropic of capricorn in west australia mate

Gerrit

Hi Charlie,

Doing okay at the moment and seem to have found my way up again, thanks for asking.

Yea, the specimen you refer to tends to auto-flower somewhat when kept in low light conditions or even more when root-bound.
I had quite the struggle keeping it alive for seven years, lucky I managed to get a copy to Dubi just before I "lost the battle".

I can't be sure it's a common trait within the Zamal line though, as there are only 2 that I've kept for several years.
One I've called Type-A and had the common "octopus shape" but a much stronger aroma than the other (carrot) types, it has a similar "foundation" but with a strong "overtone" changing it into peppery.
This is the one I've kept the longest and have used to make the Masibindi, this one tends to auto-flower indeed.

The other one (that I called type-B) had a straight upward shape with less lateral branching, but had exactly the same (carrot) aroma as most others had.
This one was easy to maintain and did not show any auto-flowering over the approx 3 years that I've kept her.

I know that Dubi has grown some from Christophe's seeds also but can't remember (or never knew) if he tried to maintain mothers, and if they all tend to auto-flower.
I'm sure he will chime in and comment on it if so.

It's of little use in it's pure form over here (not indoors and definitely not outdoors lol) but it's a very interesting strain with unique characteristics that you will not easily find in others i.m.o.

@ Lost in a sea.

The masibindi is Zamal-A x Warlock and can be done indoors with a bit of bending, but finishing outdoors at 53N?, not even a small chance of success unless in a greenhouse.
The Masibindi x Warlock might do a little better but I've never had a look at those myself.

The other back-cross that was on the auction (Zamal-B x Warlock) x Warlock, will do just fine indoors on average but there is quite a bit of variation among them.

The Masibindi can be stored for a while as these are from 2008 so still relative fresh, but the others are from 2005 or older so I would not wait to long before starting these.

None of them can be reproduced exactly as they are, not even the Masibindi unless Dubi or one of his associates still has a copy alive, so better not let them go to waste in a fridge.

@Squiggles, I think you are lucky to receive the peppery especially if it's a strong one.
I only found one in a group of ~30

Sorry for hijacking the thread with this long post, will get back to lurking mode now.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gerrit, it's a pleasure to have you post. Understand, having you sharing your insights & knowledge amongst us, is treasure to many.
Best wishes, HL

C

charlie garcia

Hi Gerrit, HL said very well before and must agree

Is a pleasure to read you here, not hijacking at all Gerrit but much appreciated
Am afraid havent grown it by myslef but a short attempt being messed up due different issues I had to stop it. But Dubi and friends who know it better, smoked it and crossed it talk wonders about quality effect and potency.
Pls feel fine to chime in whenever you like and enrich us with more kownledge. Much appreciated also your generousity.
Am sure Dubi would love to read you and hope soon he may chime in personally.
take care mate
wish you my best
best

Ras Pablo

Veteran
High!!! Gerrit, first of all thank's so much for spreading the Zamal info. :) Much appreciatted.

I'm a Zamal lover...without doubts. Probably one of the finest Sativas I have ever tried; so resinous and I love the carrot/mango aroma and taste, so tropical hehe.

Since Dubi gave me the chance to try it I falled in love hehe, so....the cut still alive's :D and If nothing bad happens will continue.

Next year I'd like to reproduce the line...I have some pure Zamal seeds not from GN, from a different source; he claimed me that they were original's from Reunion Island and the seeds are very similar to the seeds produced by your Zamal mother. So if Jah let us...

We flower her inna 600W

picture.php

picture.php

I know dubi will be upset for some week's cause he has some personal issues to solve, best wishes for him, hope he will be with us as soon as He can, TAKE CARE DUBI !!!

gkn

Waw Ras! amazing frosty sativa buds on that zamal!!

best toughts to dubi hope he is back soon!

saludos

elpep

This is zamal x warlock x chitral , muy dulce huele a zamal pero con cogollos densos y un sabor mas fuerte

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Here some dried shots.

Zamal in the middle :) weight...over 7 gr. quality? too good for waste it hehe. Grown with my bro's elpep and "Chà"
Also 2 different Vietnam Black's in the left and AlForJas and Bubba right.

picture.php

Squiggles

nice work mate
im a fan of the zamal now got some seed of her crossed with an unknown australian bush strain should be interesting

elpep

Chá is international jejee to burriana from the world jajajjaa , thanks ras for this pic you are my oficial photograph and teacher in the green world ,gracias y cuidense.

I scored a pack of Masibindi(Zamal X Warlock). Believe these are fems from '08 but I could be wrong. This is the first bit of info I've been able to find on them yet. I guess I need to pop a couple.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I scored a pack of Masibindi(Zamal X Warlock). Believe these are fems from '08 but I could be wrong. This is the first bit of info I've been able to find on them yet. I guess I need to pop a couple.

You must bro!

Las year we cross a Masibindi from Gerrit ( seed) with a Chitral male.

My bro pep grow one and....she looked wonderful and the smoke it's awesome. Very intense mango/carrot aroma with a hint of skunk, so nice.

picture.php

picture.php

Salud!

need4weed

Veteran
I have some from the gn collection but have not been able to germinate them........has anyone got a good technique to germinate these old seeds????

C

Cinderella99

Please don't tell me not a one germed... I think I just bought the last 2 packs from the boo- appears there are only 4 left on the bay, unless there's more that will be put up.

I think you mean 1) that you just haven't had a chance to germ them yet and are soliciting info for useful germ techniques or 2) you've tried germing some of the ones you have with no luck and want to approach germing the rest differently. Please advise. Thank you.

With two packs, I'll have 30 seeds. If I can get 4 to germ and half are hermies, I will still be left with 2 viable females.

Also, Ras, please hurry up and come out with those pure Zamal seeds. I'll plant them outside here. I've never seen a pure Sativa with such trich coverage...Perhaps the only other would be Ace's evil Malawi :)

I had 80% germ rates with GN Zamal very recently, however most of these took from 4 to 6 weeks to germ. Needless to say this was in soil.

Some were blind but others were ok.

C

Cinderella99

Thanks Luna...But 80% with these sounds a bit like an anomaly, no? Anybody else have such a great germ rate on these?

Hope I'm not pressing the issue in the wrong forum, Dubi-- if I am, my apologies. Just seems that GN is only place right now for these until Ras comes through :)

Latest posts

Latest posts