What's new

July 4th Pig Roast!! Need some ideas.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Everyone brought some non-perishable food items for the food bank. A small trailer was on site to load up.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Damn Sleepy!!! Glad you threw that in!! How can we have gone this far and someone not have said weed? That has to be a record or something!!We were slippin people! Almost forgot the most important ingredient. Thanks again to Sleepy! Respect.

I just assumed that was a given.....:smoke:

Although be careful with the roaches.....ever seen kids at an Irish wake ?

They scope for almost empty glasses of booze.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
wait so 60 people and only 100 or 150 Liquor budget? Do your guests not really drink much? I'd have 250-300$ worth of liquor at a party 1/4 that size.

Unless they are the types that don't care if they are drinking the type of vodka everyone drinks freshman year of college or in high school.... its like 12 bucks for a handle.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Lola - If you read my posts you would see that the guide was just that. A guide for him to choose from nothing more. So 'that aint the way we do it in the South' where im from either. I didnt want to give him advice on one singular way to do it, since it may not fit his needs, budget, time, size for the his type of event. And we even already talked about the cooking time, the work, and the heat! Some folks are late no matter when they get a invitation, I guess.

I would agree with the King. The alcohol budget is a little light. Maybe have a cup charge and grab some kegs. It really depends on your crowd. Adults with kids will be lite drinkers. Younger crowd will drink you outta house and home like locusts. At least my younger friends will!

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
Thank you for all the help and input guys... we all dont drink a ton of hard liqueur, beer mostly, and im thinking a bunch of cheap 30's and a few cases good beer will get us thru, also instead of full bar i was thinking of making like 3 big jugs of mixed drinks like mai tais, margaritas, and long islands or something. and the more i looked at the guest list, its more like 40 people, at the most.. maybe 30. so i got a bit of a reprive on that part.

i love the potluck idea. but my problem with that is what if someone decides not to come..and theres no cole slaw?? that would suck,... but there is plenty of time to plan still, right now im working on ideas and searching for materials for the pig roaster. 55 gallon drums seems like a good idea. that way i can reuse it.. i really dont feel like diggin a hole in the ground.. that ill just have to fill in later. and that way i have a working smoker for other festivities..

so thats where we are at right now. please feel free to post any other ideas you guys might have..... also for activities to do while the piggy is cooking... most of you are going to say sit around and drink.. but i want this to me memorable.. so fun stuff is a must....

THANKS
Endo

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Well hell bro, you know you gotta have a horse-shoe pit..... :D

I know I could handle throwin some shoes when I'm toasted..... :joint:

Endo

Veteran
in the process of building the smoker as we speak.... will take pics soon.!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

try making a creamy bleu cheese & chive potato salad,
this will stand apart from the usual standard pot/salad &
will have a 'bite' to it instead of sweetness, GR8 w/pork.

there are many (bleu cheese pot/salad) recipes out there,
imo select one that suggests serving cold as many of these
recipes are recommended to be served warm. A cold salad
can be prepped & set aside in advance.......

Endo

Veteran
thanks for all the help guys, went off very well.. about 25 people showed. everyone brought something... we had a ton of food. very fun time..
smoker we built.
picture.php

picture.php

And bacon explosion, chopped bacon wrapped in sausage, then wrapped in bacon.
picture.php

and the piggys! pork shoulder and some briskett.

picture.php

picture.php

L

LolaGal

Dadgumit! NO INVITE? Well, I NEVER! :biglaugh:

Please come to my Derby Day Party in Louisville next spring. I ain't never been, so am lookin forward to it. We will take over a hotel. Make it 420 friendly....

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damnnnnnn Endo!!! Im coming to your house next 4th!!! cheese and crackers thats some pig there!! hahaha nice job!!

Endo

Veteran
Thanks Mrs B, your on next years guest list! you to LOLAgal. i would have loved to have some icmag peeps there. we certainly had enough left over food. Smoked Turkey and BlueGill are next i think. maybe one of these weekends.

Latest posts

Latest posts