What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Julian Assange Loses Appeal: British High Court Accepts U.S. Request for Trial

VenerableHippie

This is a GREAT SHAME on the Westminster System. Poor bastard. How does he cope?

And the Australian Gov won't support, doesn't give a fuck about its citizens.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poor bastard. How does he cope?

One would think the Aussies would come to his defence at least from a preliminary standpoint but that window has closed for quite a while now. He is not an American citizen and so I fail to see any charges of "treason", ( to whom? ) and since he's not stepped foot in the US how can "espionage" be applicable? I'm not a lawyer but oftentimes common sense should rule?

While the same arguments cannot not be used for snowden, they certainly should be applicable to Assange who in my opinion which I realize doesn't mean anything, but in my opinion Assange should have never gone thru this in the first place BUT perhaps the larger lemon to squeeze is indeed snowden who if surfaced tomorrow we might indeed see a release of Assange and immediate detention for snowden who "can" be charged with treason and espionage. Will putin use him as a chip now?
Ahhh maybe, maybe not but there has to be a rat in the woodshed somewhere. Isn't there almost always a rat when somebody is in custody ?
headbang.gif

Too far fetched and ridiculous? Too abstract?

Three Berries

I understand it Snowden wanted a deal and was turned down. He is a CI A (Deep State) asset. Released hacking tools that the 'NSA' was using (developed by the CI A). At the time the 'NSA' or No Such Agency was the branch of the Air Force that was separated out and became the Space Force. It monitors ALL satellite traffic. Assange simply published emails from the DNC servers that were given to him, probably from Seth Rich, who was then murdered. And from a thumb drive not hacked.

The English want Assange prosecuted by the Deep State US DoJ. It all leads back to the Russian Hoax and the Steel Dossier and the "Five Eyes" (FVEY) nations who the DNC used to thwart US law and use the FISC court (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court) to illegally surveilled Trump and his campaign during the 2015-2018 time period while on US soil.

Interesting too that Russia at the time was paying the Clinton's thought their Foundation a lot of money. And the Mayor of Moscow gave over $3M.

Cuddles

This is a GREAT SHAME on the Westminster System. Poor bastard. How does he cope?

why should they care about a rapist?
And the british gov don´t like forgeigners these days anyway so letting the US have him doesn´t surprise me at all.

But you are right, about our respective governments - after all that´s why politicians get good salaries - in order to take care of their own people, right?
maybe the aussie foreign minister is mates with Boris Johnson.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Semi-Inside Story of Why Trump Refused to Pardon Snowden and Assange

moose eater

why should they care about a rapist?
And the british gov don´t like forgeigners these days anyway so letting the US have him doesn´t surprise me at all.

But you are right, about our respective governments - after all that´s why politicians get good salaries - in order to take care of their own people, right?
maybe the aussie foreign minister is mates with Boris Johnson.

Closer scrutiny of those 'rape' charges raise some serious questions. From the beginning, there were conflicting actions and statements by the primary accuser, and there was an apparent issue with jealousy preceding the allegations, involving the 2 women.

Bottom line is that he pissed in the Wheaties of people who make the world their own private oyster, who lie for a living, have limited to zero conscience (by all appearances), and who think of other nations' sovereignty as some sort of real-time chess board that's theirs to manipulate.

US DoD -said- there was no footage of the gunship killing of the Reuters reporter and his cameraperson. There was no mention of the killing of the guy driving the van, or the gunships lighting up the van full of kids, when the driver stopped to render aid. There was no mention of the GIs on the ground, arriving after the fact, and as the one journalist reached up for help, the one US soldier flipped him the middle digit.

He made enemies of people who lie like they breathe, who kill innocents, then point their grimy fingers at Russia for doing the same shit. (Fall of Falluja and the stated <informal> rules of engagement to 'shoot any fucking thing that moves.'

Thank the Heavens for Assange, Snowden, Ellsberg, and every other individual who sees greater honor and integrity in speaking truth, rather than bowing deeply to the chess players who ought to have been put out of our collective miseries decades ago. Long before they could inflict more death.

The twisted folks involved in Assange's extradition, to include the UK Judge whose spouse creates a glaring conflict of interest, should all be executed at town square. As a sort of a 'Beautify the Planet' effort.

VenerableHippie

One would think the Aussies would come to his defence at least from a preliminary standpoint but that window has closed for quite a while now. He is not an American citizen and so I fail to see any charges of "treason", ( to whom? ) and since he's not stepped foot in the US how can "espionage" be applicable? I'm not a lawyer but oftentimes common sense should rule?

While the same arguments cannot not be used for snowden, they certainly should be applicable to Assange who in my opinion which I realize doesn't mean anything, but in my opinion Assange should have never gone thru this in the first place BUT perhaps the larger lemon to squeeze is indeed snowden who if surfaced tomorrow we might indeed see a release of Assange and immediate detention for snowden who "can" be charged with treason and espionage. Will putin use him as a chip now?
Ahhh maybe, maybe not but there has to be a rat in the woodshed somewhere. Isn't there almost always a rat when somebody is in custody ?
headbang.gif

Too far fetched and ridiculous? Too abstract?

"Snowden"? "Snowden"? It's taken me days to realise who you're talking about! Sorry. Makes more sense now. (I had that sleazy 'royal' bastard who hung about with Epstein. Lord Snowden is he ... ?)

VenerableHippie

Closer scrutiny of those 'rape' charges raise some serious questions. From the beginning, there were conflicting actions and statements by the primary accuser, and there was an apparent issue with jealousy preceding the allegations, involving the 2 women.

The twisted folks involved in Assange's extradition, to include the UK Judge whose spouse creates a glaring conflict of interest, should all be executed at town square. As a sort of a 'Beautify the Planet' effort.

Gosh, Moose! Well I agree wholeheartedly. (Sorry Cuddles but your comment re rape may tell more about yourself than about Assange.)

Cuddles

Gosh, Moose! Well I agree wholeheartedly. (Sorry Cuddles but your comment re rape may tell more about yourself than about Assange.)

I´m just repeating what he was accused of. never followed the Assange story that closely. Sadly he ran away,hid away and never stood trial.
But his behaviour whilst hiding in that embassy was allegedly just as disgusting.

Gry

Veteran
That is one theory, I would advance a different one.
The former prez was not real enthusiastic about going after the guy simply because he found him useful.
I thought the end of term statement about him pardoning he or Snowden was more than interesting.
I imagine that we will find out with the passage of time, that it was in fact Snowden he was considering pardoning,
and that it would have been at the behest of the agency.
Would dearly love to learn the back story of Vault Seven, and what the hell would have made Assange think was wise to release it.
The agency was pissed at him over the Vault Seven release. To the extent they wanted him.
Had drawn up plans that would have destroyed the sovereign territorial rights of two different nations.
When you get the agency upset you are going to end up on the raw end of things every time.
They will I expect extract the pound of flesh they demand. At the expense of what we call a free press and then some.
It represents a terrible precedent, and one which we can count on seeing less decent regimes emulate in the near future.

A disclaimer: I do not think the Independent is as independent as they would have us believe.
I find it simply fascinating, that the vast majority of news outlets which are being viewed today, did not even
exist prior to the advent of the Internet. It would seem very likely to me that some of them are in essence
being used as a means of "injecting what is desired into the news stream.

As usual, I am quite willing to concede that I may very well be altogether mistaken in my take on the
subject.

In the words of the infamous William J. Casey, "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
Source of the above quote: Barbara Honegger

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FTUVP0cXwAcPRRB

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
That is one theory, I would advance a different one.
The former prez was not real enthusiastic about going after the guy simply because he found him useful.
I thought the end of term statement about him pardoning he or Snowden was more than interesting.
I imagine that we will find out with the passage of time, that it was in fact Snowden he was considering pardoning,
and that it would have been at the behest of the agency.
Would dearly love to learn the back story of Vault Seven, and what the hell would have made Assange think was wise to release it.
The agency was pissed at him over the Vault Seven release. To the extent they wanted him.
Had drawn up plans that would have destroyed the sovereign territorial rights of two different nations.
When you get the agency upset you are going to end up on the raw end of things every time.
They will I expect extract the pound of flesh they demand. At the expense of what we call a free press and then some.
It represents a terrible precedent, and one which we can count on seeing less decent regimes emulate in the near future.

A disclaimer: I do not think the Independent is as independent as they would have us believe.
I find it simply fascinating, that the vast majority of news outlets which are being viewed today, did not even
exist prior to the advent of the Internet. It would seem very likely to me that some of them are in essence
being used as a means of "injecting what is desired into the news stream.

As usual, I am quite willing to concede that I may very well be altogether mistaken in my take on the
subject.

In the words of the infamous William J. Casey, "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
Source of the above quote: Barbara Honegger
:good:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Snowden has repeatedly stated he would return if he got a fair trial, not a kangaroo court. He want's to be judged by his peers.

Let's get off the topic for a second. Just look how wonky shit is on your 'puter these days. It's by no coincidence. We could see this shit 20 yrs ago, except now it has ramped up beyond all recognition. I kept my Win7 PC for as long as I could. Win10, well that is a nightmare if one is woke (not the left types). I have my "updates" turned off now. One Saturday it told me important updates were required. I said OK. It wasn't an update, it was installing Win11. I aborted that but the PC went wonky afterwards. So I reformatted my HD (via a boot thumbdrive) and installed everything "custom" vice recommended. Just because I can no longer code, doesn't mean I am stupid. It only seems scary if you never done this kind of stuff before e.g "are you sure"? This will reformat your hard drive. Yes I am sure as the process will even occur when in the "recommended" mode. It's part of the re-installation.

You see, I demanded a copy of the original software (which we used to get years ago) it was part of the license. I don't want an image or a recovery disk, I want the software which I am paying for. I did not have to change any of the settings, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand all that MS shit that we don't want, gets left behind. It is as clean an install as I could make it. That coupled with being careful what information is being collected. Regardless if you try and erase your footsteps/footprint, Google's algorithms triangulate you in a matter of weeks if not days and, I have all that shit turned off. Even Snowden has stated, even he isn't secured. He is more secured than most, but very much still vulnerable, so he minds his footprint as much as he can.

Couple that with all the shit we are seeing today, well.....

Last edited:

Three Berries

The British trying to keep Assange from the US is a cover for what they did to Trump via FVEY spying used to get around US law. MI6 and Mossad are behind it all. Current US DoJ will burying it all.

This person seems to be on the inside.

pjlive

Just look how wonky shit is on your 'puter these days. It's by no coincidence. We could see this shit 20 yrs ago, except now it has ramped up beyond all recognition.
I'll second that statement. Today, the cleanest and most diligent PC installs will remain vulnerable to excessive user info collection. Now, even other OS alternatives are coming into unheard of corruption on a global level.

Personal use information and the collection thereof is out of control, big time.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Let me guess, Assange will have an accident like Jeffrey Epstein and they'll try to close the case.
You mean he wont hang himself off camera?
I'll second that statement. Today, the cleanest and most diligent PC installs will remain vulnerable to excessive user info collection. Now, even other OS alternatives are coming into unheard of corruption on a global level.

Personal use information and the collection thereof is out of control, big time.
You damn right PJ :good: I ran Ubuntu from 2006 until 2017. The only reason I am not there, :( I can't code anymore, even with notes as I don't know what my notes mean anymore. For 11 yrs it was bliss :)

Latest posts

Latest posts