What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judge's tasting notes

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Anyone who bases their decision on whether to enter or not solely on whether they can judge their own is in it for the wrong reasons.

I think everyone here would agree with that sentiment mate... at this moment in time IC cup has more integrity than most if not all the other cups held around here (zh) as it's the only cup with fully open entry to anyone and also where all samples are judged equally.... certainly anything that detracts from that should be discouraged.

I just think some of the guys here are looking for some way to take part on as many levels as possible... having watched the judging last year, it did look to be a lot of fun (even though the judging itself was being taken very seriously) :)

H

Hazyfontazy

well said dutchgrown and hi too ,,

why not charge an extra 30 euros per judges pass x 30 judges = 900 euros,,hire a barge for the judges and lock em up till they done ,kinda like the utrecth cup ,that cup looked fun ,all aboard

or hire fat city again and stick the judges in the pool table area and everyone else can stay in the bar areas (best cup year imo)

maybe restrict purchasing of passes to members only with a certain post count ,

see u all there

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the barge idea sounds great if the weather is ok, the only trouble is that it will take more then 1 day to judge i'd imagine.

the Fat city year truly was an awesome 420, that was my first cup if i remember right.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
hi all,

how would it be to have a price for the best tasting weed....of both indica/sativa!!!

F

fizzbomb

I have been lucky enough to be a judge in the last 2 cups, never entered anything but this year im planning on doing so, but the last 2 years I can honestly say NOTHING from me got a 10,10,10,10,10, 1 of the hash samples got a very good score from me but even that was not a 10,10,10,10,10, i went with a few m8's last year and i asked them if they scored anything all 10's and they said no also, I found all the samples to be of excellent quality and nothing was shit, but for something to get all 10's from me it would have to knock me out with a few smokes of a joint AND would have to look the part with taste and smell as well, all very very good samples but nothing got all 10's from me or my m8's.

I can honestly say that if i was marking 1 of my entry's that was getting entered this year it would not get all 10's as well, would do very well but it would not be scored all 10's, and just say hypothetically, that i did score my entry all 10's, if it was piss it would not matter what i scored it, as im sure others would think it was piss as well and it would be irrevelant what i scored it then as it would get a shit score no matter what i thought of it, but there has been a good few points been brought up, i guess it just comes down to how honest the person is who has an entry in, i have done a grow of my entry but because of rules there is no way i can post it up, i dont want to be telling any1 what it is that i will be entering also, as that breaks the rules also, the only person that will be told is OP when i send him my entry, but i dont see why i cant give OP my entry and ask him to score it fairly if i wanted to be a judge this year as well, shit, cant be OP, as he will know what each entry is.

I would be willing to give OP my sample and ask HIM to donate it to some1 who maybe did not get a chance to be a judge, that way they will still be having a little part in judgeing an entry and OP can get the score from them ( an honest score ) and add it to my sheet, no matter what my entry is going in, would just be a shame if i was to miss out on taking part in being a judge as tbh, that is the best part about it for me, because i have been lucky enought the last 2 years i thought it was about time to give something back, and thats the reason for my enrty going in, so no matter what its in, but im a good judge, been solid the last 2 years, would be a shame to miss out. dont see why i should have to just because i have an entry in tbh???

"maybe restrict purchasing of passes to members only with a certain post count" says hazy who is safe, lol, maybe the same could be said for people putting in an entry as well but i have not seen this being mentioned anywhere, im a member here hazy, might not have made a lot of posts or even posted a grow thread, but im still a member m8, my entry is more than welcome with the little post count i have, dont see why some1 with a little post count should affect if they wanted to be a judge or not also.

I wish every1 who is planning on putting in an enrty the very best of luck, gl every1.

JamieShoes

Veteran
well said dutchgrown and hi too ,,

why not charge an extra 30 euros per judges pass x 30 judges = 900 euros,,hire a barge for the judges and lock em up till they done ,kinda like the utrecth cup ,that cup looked fun ,all aboard

or hire fat city again and stick the judges in the pool table area and everyone else can stay in the bar areas (best cup year imo)

wow.... that sounds awful...lmao :D

so actually charge people 30 euros for the inconveniance discomfort and downright indignation of "not being allowed out"...hehehe .. brilliant!

Last edited:
H

Hazyfontazy

wow.... that sounds awful...lmao :D

so actually charge people 30 euros for the inconveniance discomfort and downright indignation of "not being allowed out"...hehehe .. brilliant!

, ,all i mean is give the judges somewhere private to judge and make the voting more secure with no outside distractions ,does'nt have to be a boat , they can still tour amsterdam if they want ,i didnt mean physically lock em in there ,

sitting in a coffeshop or similiar with loads of distractions isn't the proper way to judge cannabis ,if you serious about judging then sitting privately with the other judges shouldn't be such a heartache,,even the top room at gh utd cordoned off would suffice ,dont forget the lock :tongue:

JamieShoes

Veteran
hehehe ah ok mate, I just suddenly had a visions of spending the weekend in stocks... I think there is a place for that in the red light district somewhere though if anyone is too disappointed...hehehee :D

THC4SIM

Yea it would be cool if we could get a boat we could cut around amsterdam on for an afternoon,
(how much do you recon we could rent 1 for an afternoon??)
if there were enough of us???.. maybe

i think it was the 06 cup we were all on the boats,
great fun toking and sampling the entries while chilling out on the boat around amsterdam..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
GN and crew have a contact with a barge that they rented before, but other then that i have no idea about where to get one nor how much it would be. i can't wait to find out what the plan is gonna be for 420. did anyone make it out to Nols place in Harlem last year? i have very fond memories of the Harlem outings during the 420's. he's the one who gets the heads falling over, :laughing:

mr.haze420

Veteran
or hire fat city again and stick the judges in the pool table area and everyone else can stay in the bar areas (best cup year imo

now an argentine steakhouse lol

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
GN and crew have a contact with a barge that they rented before, but other then that i have no idea about where to get one nor how much it would be. i can't wait to find out what the plan is gonna be for 420. did anyone make it out to Nols place in Harlem last year? i have very fond memories of the Harlem outings during the 420's. he's the one who gets the heads falling over, :laughing:

When we rented the barge before, it was owned by a fellow that now (to my understanding) no longer owns it. He was really a cool guy....and didn't mind what sort of smoke-fests went on. :smoke out: :smoke out: There was some sort of story about his ex-partner taking the engine...an ownership conflict of sorts....always some sort of drama in the dam! lol

Maybe he has gotten another one....this was a couple years back. :chin:

Fat City...that sure conjures up some good memories. :biggrin:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
If we are just 1 engine short of a [boat] picnic, why not just draw lots and get the loosers to paddle ?

There aint a lot of money around right now, surely someone will be happy to let us have some space somewhere for the trade ?