What's new

Jonhova's Ace standard mix + 76 watt LED screw in bulbs + Green Goblin microcab

jonhova

What's up guys I have just finished with my re-purposed thrift store cab that will be running some Ace Seeds standard regular seeds for now.

I made this cab after having WPM from some clones I got. Good learning lesson :laughing: not to buy from people you don't know well enough.

The guys at Ace were very generous enough to hook me up with some great genetics so i really can't wait to see how they do.

So far all seeds popped in 48-72 hours with strong tap roots.

Seedling Soil:
Sphagnum peat moss: Earth worm castings: Lava rock and a pinch of pelleted dolomite lime.

Veg/Flower Soil:
(Burnone) LC’s Soiless Mix #1:

5 parts Canadian Sphagnum Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 lava rock
2 parts worm castings or mushroom compost or home made compost
Powdered (NOT PELLETED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
with
RECIPE #1

If you want to use organic nutrients like Blood meal, Bone meal and Kelp meal...

1 tablespoon Blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons Bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
(OPTIONAL) 1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.

Mix all the dry nutrients into the soiless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it. Use Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal. Stir and mix it a few times a week for a week or two so the bacteria can get oxygen and break down the nutrients and make it available. And don't let the mix dry out, keep it moist and add water as needed. It'll also have time to get the humic acids in the Liquid Karma going and the dolomite lime will be better able to adjust the pH of a peat based mixture too.

With this recipe, all you need to do is add plain water until harvest.

When I'm working with seeds, I punch a hole in the bottom of 16 ounce cups and fill them with plain LC's Mix. Lightly wet the mix in the cups and germinate one seed in each cup. At the same time I mix enough LC's mix along with the blood/bone/kelp to fill all the 3 gallon flower pots I'm going to use for the grow. After about two weeks, the seedlings and the blood/bone/kelp mix are ready. I transplant the seedlings into the 3 gallon pots and just add water until harvest.
When you go to flower and pull up the males, save the mix in the pots. It is ready to be used again immediately. Just remove the root ball and transplant another seedling into it.
Nutes: kellogg 3 in 1 molasses, kelp, and fish emulsion. ewc & kelp tea.

Lights: 8 x 9.5 watt screw in LED from the hardware store. Wood frame from scrap. 14 gauge stranded wire.

Shout out to Spugg, Blynx, and Terpene for showing the way.

Here's a few pics of the ladies and gentleman. I'll be making some seeds hopefully!

http://imgur.com/a/4YUpj

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

M

Mr. Sparkle

good start just need to light seal it, paint the inside flat white, build a carbon scrubber if smell would be an issue for you, but make sure you have adequate airflow as it looks like you are only sucking air from the handle hole and blowing exhaust air against a wall ? So what is your temperature like ?

jonhova

good start just need to light seal it, paint the inside flat white, build a carbon scrubber if smell would be an issue for you, but make sure you have adequate airflow as it looks like you are only sucking air from the handle hole and blowing exhaust air against a wall ? So what is your temperature like ?

Hey Mr. Sparkle and thank for stopping by.
I was thinking of duct taping some cardboard on the handle hole from the inside. If you have a more elegant solution to closing the gap I am all ears:tiphat:

Then for the light seal I plan on getting a roll of weather stripping.
Airflow will be the computer fan exhaust up top and a passive intake on the back wall beneath the adjustable shelf.

Things to buy: temp & humidity gauge, small internal circulating fan, and a 12 volt adapter for the computer fan.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice cab. What are the measurements?

I agree with Mr Sparkle, I'd paint the inside white.

jonhova

http://imgur.com/a/AXQOd

What are the measurements?

14" W x 23" L x 27.5" H

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks for saying hello Blynx.I think I made an account on icmag after reading a couple hundred:faint: pages of your threads haha.:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_6163.jpg
    IMG_6163.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6165.jpg
    IMG_6165.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6167.jpg
    IMG_6167.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13

doams

hm looking at those little weeds around the seedlings It would be cool to use little ones as indicator whats happening in the soil -like sooner than it apears on the ganja? but those prob dont share ph needs and other stuff but who knows..
any idea whats them and were they hiding in the soil or it is the "plan"?
:D

jonhova

hm looking at those little weeds around the seedlings It would be cool to use little ones as indicator whats happening in the soil -like sooner than it apears on the ganja? but those prob dont share ph needs and other stuff but who knows..
any idea whats them and were they hiding in the soil or it is the "plan"?
:D

I added them as companion plants. They are red clover. They are supposed to fix nitrogen in the soil but really i added them because i think it looks cool :laughing:

jonhova

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is where i am after taking a break and figuring out what wasn't and was working. I can say now that with the right soil, water, perlite [fuck lava rocks!] growing is as easy as sitting back and letting nature run its course.

I vegged for about a month and just this past tuesday flipped the switch. She's growing vigorously and smells delicious.

I hope to get a nice harvest in 7 weeks.