What's new

Joint and roach handling methods.

oldschoolsmoker

First and foremost fingers. :joint:

Second, hemostats. Most commonly used by the medical establishment:

Hemostats.jpg

God's gift to doob-smokin' stoners everywhere. The easiest way to hold a joint, in my opinion.

Also with a pinch one can hold a joint between two coins. The lesson: always carry a few cents even if all your purchases are usually done with a plastic card.

(That's what we would call forward-thinking)

Lately I've been kicking around the idea of using an antique-style cigarette holder, a la early 20th century.

Also greetings to everyone, new member here. Happy stoner-ing!:tiphat:

I

Iron_Lion

I use one of these, although I have recently found out that putting a little cardboard tube in the end of the joint alleviates the need for a roachclip.

N3xeq3buLBkH2s2ei7tq_SkYtell-Jw61uH8KQ9QGgMnALHcLpFy693p7rv_ogLC9lWTppRx3rtyoQx4iw1k9DaNTh5P7ADuF0qop7JLUS9sogPyTvqm4E5A3HI7oIJiWW5F10zsc1tMAz1PXDEkK5p5Cb4Z0IZQDPgK__o

phrike

I use one of these, although I have recently found out that putting a little cardboard tube in the end of the joint alleviates the need for a roachclip.

I've been doing the "little tube" method for 20 years. I make them from thick paper/thin cardboard, usually from the pack of papers.

At one point we called them "filters". But they don't really filter anything, although do get covered in resin.

I'm sure some people would disagree with this, but I reuse the "filters" and when they're too drenched to re-use, I rip them up and smoke them.

At least I'd imagine it's better than eating roaches, which I did when younger. LOL. :)

Panoramical

roach

roach

big_spliff.jpg

a roach

americans call it a crutch - i think

or as phrike aptly called it - a "cardboard tube"

either way, in uk we call it a roach and it allows you to smoke it to the end, it gives you somewhere to hold the joint and it keeps you from burning your lips when you get near to the end.

i know i'd feel like a right tit smoking a joint with a pair of hemostats:laughing: ....suppose you'd save yourself from having smokey fingers?....

Green lung

Veteran
I have never used a roach clip

I just smoke the joint all the way down, who cares to get the very last bit.

if i want to smoke that roach I just role it into my next joint

I mean do you really care if you don't smoke avery little grain of weed. are you guys poor or don't grow?

minds_I

Veteran
Helo all,

This is my roach clip. It is 31 yrs old.

The handle is made from 6064-T6 aluminum, the the clips fingers (for lack of a better term) are made from a stainless steel cotter pin and the slide is a thumbscrew used on Lockheed L1011 and oter things as well.

I made while I worked for Lockheed in 79'.

It has been a pride of mine and I treasure it dearly.

While I use it all the time, I rarely use it outside of my home.

minds_I

picture.php

oldschoolsmoker

Helo all,

This is my roach clip. It is 31 yrs old.

The handle is made from 6064-T6 aluminum, the the clips fingers (for lack of a better term) are made from a stainless steel cotter pin and the slide is a thumbscrew used on Lockheed L1011 and oter things as well.

I made while I worked for Lockheed in 79'.

It has been a pride of mine and I treasure it dearly.

While I use it all the time, I rarely use it outside of my home.

minds_I

picture.php
Really cool, thanks for sharing, man. :joint: I think it's awesome you've had the same piece for so long... I hope to be able to say the same about some of the stuff I have now.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
I hold my joint with my fingers.......they're always right there when I need them and they do the job so well!

Give it a try! lmfao

Seriously though, why don't you guys just use a rolled up piece of card for a roach like the rest of the civilised world does? We use them for a reason guys, because they WORK.
You don't get left with a chunk of unsmoked weed from every single joint and you don't need a drawer of fukin utensils just to hold it without burning your fingers.

Latest posts

Latest posts