What's new

John Madden retires...

El_Kabong

Madden seems to be a fine person, however, he made mediocrity an art form as play-by-play announcer.

He continuely set low personal standards and then consistently failed to achieve them.

I personally won't miss Madden doing the play-by-play. I have Madden right-up there with the likes of Lee Corso, Lou Holtz, Dick Vitale, and Billy Packard, and several others, as the all time worst announcers.

Enjoy your retirement Mr. Madden... I certainly will.

you took the words right out of my mouth

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
thank god theres a thread for this moron retiring but no thread for the great harry kalas' death??

Right on Styles....you see I paid homage to our boy man....R.I.P. Harry.

He WILL be missed.

"That ball is OUTTA HERE!"

They won one for Harry..... :joint:

Styles P

hell yeah man and he got to throw out the first pitch at the ring ceremony. damn man watchin phillies games is gonna suck without that voice. chase utley you are the man.

Bam Boom through the hole, I enjoyed John's commentary for years, but it was hard the last couple years he was with Pat Summeral when Pat was losing it. In the last couple years He's gotten a bit slower on the call and should have really retired 2 or 3 years ago, but he's definitley gonna be missed. Good luck John, may the 4 winds blow you safely home.

Thanks
Stagger