What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

IntotheGreen

Smoke report? Ask and you shall receive! The following trial was conducted yesterday on Joey Weed's C99 (F3):

11:47 am - commence smoking. Two small bong bowls burned, about 4 or 5 hits, or half of the bud pictured. Probably .2-.3 grams at most. Last hit at 11:57am

By 12:00 noon I am... very high. Walking to get coffee I'm already bouncing around with a stupid grin on my face.

1:54 pm still high but smoked another bong load before leaving for work.

6:30 pm still feel slightly high, but in typical Cindy fashion the taper off is long and smooth, until you can't really tell if you're high anymore, at which point I usually smoke more (though because of her enticing smell and fun sativa high I will often smoke more than I really need to.) Been busy at work, but haven't had a moment of feeling like I've come down, just cruising along getting shit done.

11:30 pm home from work, showered, and only now do I really feel like I want to smoke again.

Keep in mind that these buds have only been dry/curing for under two weeks at this point. So while I'd peg the duration of peak effect right now at somewhere around 2 hrs, the total envelope is already at least 4 hrs, and as the buds cure that envelope should fill out with potency, as has been my experience with JW Cinderella.

picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Smoke report? Ask and you shall receive! The following trial was conducted yesterday on Joey Weed's C99 (F3):

11:47 am - commence smoking. Two small bong bowls burned, about 4 or 5 hits, or half of the bud pictured. Probably .2-.3 grams at most. Last hit at 11:57am

By 12:00 noon I am... very high. Walking to get coffee I'm already bouncing around with a stupid grin on my face.

1:54 pm still high but smoked another bong load before leaving for work.

6:30 pm still feel slightly high, but in typical Cindy fashion the taper off is long and smooth, until you can't really tell if you're high anymore, at which point I usually smoke more (though because of her enticing smell and fun sativa high I will often smoke more than I really need to.) Been busy at work, but haven't had a moment of feeling like I've come down, just cruising along getting shit done.

11:30 pm home from work, showered, and only now do I really feel like I want to smoke again.

Keep in mind that these buds have only been dry/curing for under two weeks at this point. So while I'd peg the duration of peak effect right now at somewhere around 2 hrs, the total envelope is already at least 4 hrs, and as the buds cure that envelope should fill out with potency, as has been my experience with JW Cinderella.

View Image
10-12 hrs!? 1+ session... I want it.
How long were they in bloom under what type of lighting/environment?

Crazy Chester

"So while I'd peg the duration of peak effect right now at somewhere around 2 hrs, the total envelope is already at least 4 hrs"

That's how the original smoked for me. Good news, IntotheGreen!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

IntotheGreen

A few pics of a 2nd generation Cindy cross I made. Mother was a Joey Weed C99 x Red Congolese/F13 from Beanhoarder, and father was a JW Cindy x Beanho Sweet Jack/Blueberry, so this plant is half Cindy genetically. Super frosty, thick but smooth smoke, and a unique smell combining the tropical fruitiness of Cindy with notes of both coffee and tea. Yum! Unfortunately this was one of the plants I had to harvest early at only 41 days, and I suspect these colas would have easily doubled in weight! Luckily I have a few more of these seeds waiting for the next run.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
A few pics of a 2nd generation Cindy cross I made. Mother was a Joey Weed C99 x Red Congolese/F13 from Beanhoarder, and father was a JW Cindy x Beanho Sweet Jack/Blueberry, so this plant is half Cindy genetically. Super frosty, thick but smooth smoke, and a unique smell combining the tropical fruitiness of Cindy with notes of both coffee and tea. Yum! Unfortunately this was one of the plants I had to harvest early at only 41 days, and I suspect these colas would have easily doubled in weight! Luckily I have a few more of these seeds waiting for the next run.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
I always wondered about beanhorder.. ho can they have that many strains available? By the looks of those babies they must be doing something right..very nice. what kinda lighting apparatus did you use?

IntotheGreen

Hey Snook,

Thanks for the kind words! This girl was grown under dual Philips 4200K 315w CMH bulbs. I assembled the units by hand from the component parts - Philips ballasts used as well. From my experience buds do tend to mature about a week faster than with traditional HPS.

As to Beanhoarder, I think he mostly just crosses various plants that he likes and if the outcome is solid he offers it. The thing I like is that he provides nice descriptions for each cross he offers, in most cases stating to what degree they have been worked, if any. If it's untested he'll say so, or if you can expect a certain amount of variability and have to pheno hunt, or if he's done more selecting and stabilizing. I love just reading through his catalog on HD, lol.

Crazy Chester

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luckily I have a few more of these seeds waiting for the next run."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please tell me you cloned (or re-vegged) this beauty...
[/FONT]

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I totally agree on Beanho. By reading his descriptions, which like you I love to do on HD, one can tell be is passionate about cannabis. He shares a lot of information and is open and honest. The only thing I have read is that his flower times are a little early, but I like early bud too.

Nice looking Cindy!

Happy Times

Hey Snook,

Thanks for the kind words! This girl was grown under dual Philips 4200K 315w CMH bulbs. I assembled the units by hand from the component parts - Philips ballasts used as well. From my experience buds do tend to mature about a week faster than with traditional HPS.

As to Beanhoarder, I think he mostly just crosses various plants that he likes and if the outcome is solid he offers it. The thing I like is that he provides nice descriptions for each cross he offers, in most cases stating to what degree they have been worked, if any. If it's untested he'll say so, or if you can expect a certain amount of variability and have to pheno hunt, or if he's done more selecting and stabilizing. I love just reading through his catalog on HD, lol.

I’m with ya on the catalog reading

So much fun and what a variety of stuff

Happy Times

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

41 days? Wow looks pretty impressive for so short!

I can only imagine what killer colas these would have been with some more weeks. Fun smorgasbord in that heritage

IntotheGreen

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please tell me you cloned (or re-vegged) this beauty...
[/FONT]

Unfortunately no. Reason I had to harvest early was unexpected move, and I am currently out of commission unable to grow at my present location. My gut feeling is that I will be able to find some similar girls in the remaining seeds and/or new ones I could make. The Joey Weed Cindy is pretty consistent itself, and the parent crosses of this plant, the C99 x Sweet Jack/Blueberry and the C99 x Red Congolese/F13, have been fairly consistent as well across the several that I've run, with the Sweet Jack cross being a little more homogeneous. The Congolese cross is always frosty, but growth pattern seems to alternate between more Cindy and more Congo. The structure of this plant reminds me most of the lone female Red Congolese/F13 that I had out of the Beanhoarder pack, her great aunt. Strong, lush columns of bud, although much denser and frostier here.

Crazy Chester

Unfortunately no. Reason I had to harvest early was unexpected move, and I am currently out of commission unable to grow at my present location. My gut feeling is that I will be able to find some similar girls in the remaining seeds and/or new ones I could make. The Joey Weed Cindy is pretty consistent itself, and the parent crosses of this plant, the C99 x Sweet Jack/Blueberry and the C99 x Red Congolese/F13, have been fairly consistent as well across the several that I've run, with the Sweet Jack cross being a little more homogeneous. The Congolese cross is always frosty, but growth pattern seems to alternate between more Cindy and more Congo. The structure of this plant reminds me most of the lone female Red Congolese/F13 that I had out of the Beanhoarder pack, her great aunt. Strong, lush columns of bud, although much denser and frostier here.

No worries, then!

G

C99

C99

Here is some of the new gear of Joeys I picked up from HD in 2017. I have a pack of his AK47 I'm going to try and run soon also.
These 8 seedlings are about 1 week above ground and are puttering along with no agenda.
I'll be sure to document anything interesting along the way, but expect a smoke report here in a few months.
The link in my sig is for my current grow, which these will be a part of in just a little time.

If you are interested, I have a few pics of PeakSeedsBC C99 in an album on my page.

Crazy Chester

Nice seedlings, Outcold - hopefully they turn out great! I looked at your Peak C99 that you posted a few years ago. How did they turn out?

G

I liked them fine. They seemed like a less raw version of BG's C99 if that makes sense. Not as sharp of a buzz, but everything else seemed on point.
They were f5 at the point I ran them and I still have a few from that batch. Mostly nondescript pineapple tropical with good yields and a strong daytime high.
I think these, based on other JW gear I've run in the past, will be that raw biting high I'm looking for.

Crazy Chester

I liked them fine. They seemed like a less raw version of BG's C99 if that makes sense. Not as sharp of a buzz, but everything else seemed on point.
They were f5 at the point I ran them and I still have a few from that batch. Mostly nondescript pineapple tropical with good yields and a strong daytime high.
I think these, based on other JW gear I've run in the past, will be that raw biting high I'm looking for.

Thank you for your Peak Seeds C99 appraisal, Outcold.

Do you remember how long it took to flower?

From your description, it sounds like I'm at least on track for a plant from my recent Peak Seeds C99 grow (described by Peak as an F7 descendant from your F5 version) that is better Cindy than I've had since I lost my original clone - the only other C99 I tried was Mosca's "F1" version.

But, I'm looking for that "raw biting high" too because that's what I used to have.

Still, it's good knowing I have the promising JW and FDM C99 seeds to try to find a plant like that (as well as there being more Peak seeds available).

G

I think you will be able to find a fierce one in the Peak gear. It may need to be taken early, or have to do the time w/selections, but I'll bet its there.
I recall harvesting between 50 and 55 for my tastes...
Of course, I'll let the community know what I find within my JW beans,
Peace

G

c99

c99

Here is the pineapple pheno really starting to put on the weight. Should begin the fade in the next few days. Crystal production is on point.

G

Here are what the 3 females looked like (all similar in structure) a couple of days ago. I've got 5 boys that I'm going to grab the pollen from for a few projects...:woohoo:

G

Here are some current pics of my 3 c99f2's from Joey. They all look very similar, but one of the girls and 1 of the boys has an abundance of immature glands on the fan leaves. Hope thats a sign!
If you look closely you can see little double serrations on the fan leaves. Was that a characteristic of the original?
I'll be throwing them into flower in about 1 week.

Latest posts

Latest posts