What's new

JLP's G-13

quadracer

Hello all,

just wanted to show pictures of the one g13 plant seed that made it, luckily a female. The other seeds were planted in some bad soil, so they didn't make it. This one, though, made it through. I took clones off of it and threw them outside in March. They are flowering pretty tough right now, and hopefully they'll be done at the end of the school year.

A special thanks to JLP for providing this fine strain. It will be a great personal stash when they are finished.

A little information on how they were grown. I took clones off the only surviving seed, and when the clones were well rooted, put them outside. They didn't get to veg that much before they went into flower, but they sure did stretch during flower. They are in organic soil from the last grow I did, using guano and meta naturals pro mix every feeding.

These girls have survived the rain (they get blanketed, shown in some pictures, when the weather gets bad). Living on the coast, it is often cloudy, so even though they are in a very sunny area, the girls don't always get a full days sunlight.

quadracer

Does anyone have any pictures from their g13 grow? Possible outdoors. The two ones that are deep into flower are very different than the one just starting. The leaves seem to be a little more mutated, while the third is looking as it should. I'll get some better pictures here in a bit, but until then...

JLP

Veteran
Looking good Quadracer.

I haven't grown outside but I have seen variation.The leaf mutation is a normal charachteristic.Some of the ones I've grown have really rumpled leaves.
I'm not sure what this stuff actually is,the only info I ever had was that it's POG G-13 backcross.The more I grow it,it appears to be a hybrid of some sort(G-13x? or ?x?)given the variation.It's definately an Indica though,and a really stoney one at that.

Good luck.

JLP

quadracer

Here are some pictures of my girls, all taken from the same mother.

Notice the first who:

They have rounded leaves and whatnot.

Then there is this one:

All together:

R

Ronley

I have still have to take pictures, I Have a problem with a camera, but I will be getting one soon.
Presently I have 2 MASSIVE flowering G13 's (almost 2 m high) its the same seeds that you got from JLP.
My seeds I won on Overgrow in Nov 2003.
I also grow outdoors, and they have a very slow flowering period. BUT really very slow, Once flowering the buds become extremely frosty,and I cant wait until they mature fully... :)

I would keep the soil moist all the time. I Dont let any part of the soil dry out. Especially when the seedlings are so young.

quadracer

I moved the girls into 12/12, under 1400w, soon to be 1800w. The bud formation is pilfy, at best, between the small two. They are in 3 gals now, so I am thinking about moving them into 5 gals to give them some extra root space.

The third, nice looking one, is starting the same way. All plants have long white hairs shooting out. I think that they are gradually changing, since when I put them outside, it was barely 12/12 so they started flowering. But as the days got longer, the plants became confused and produced a fluffy bud.

The third one will fill in better than the first two though.

quadracer

Thanks for the pics DWW. The finished bud looks amazing. Whew. Less than a month away. Wouldn't mind seeing more if you have them.

quadracer

I finally have some updated pictures. The top of the plants have stretched, and have a weird set of leaves.

What do you guys think?

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
i think you probably hit the nail right on the head with your earlier comment about them being confused. changing conditions like that can do it. especially going from outdoors where they're used to the blazing intensity of the sun. compared to that being under hps lighting is like going from hps to flouros.

she's a weed though, she'll adapt, buds may not be solid colas due to the added infrastructure from the stretch but the buds you do get will be plenty tight, there will likely just be a little added space between them.

hell the plants shown most recently in my gallery were shipped to the east coast from berkeley and it took them two weeks to get here :yoinks:
all that time in the dark, and then i was only able to give one cfl. (talk about confused!!! :confused: :biglaugh: ) then when i finally got them outside they started to flower immediately because the days were still pretty short, there finally starting to veg out somewhat and they are finally starting to look normal but these girls have been through hell and back.
but like i said, they're weeds, they'll adapt :woohoo:

good luck, i'm looking forward to growing out the g-13s i have when i get the opportunity.

peace
beans

G

:wave: :chin: I had the same lookin leaves on a plant i re veged after flowering.

quadracer

I took a couple of clones off of them, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. The part that confuses me though, is that the third plant vegged later than the first two, then I out it in 12/12, and it did the same thing. I have a feeling that in a month or so that thing will really start to fill in...

R

Ronley

Expect to get a beautiful, slow slow develloping, slow flowering tree, much like this one...
Whos bottom branches flower first and almost ready by the time the top branches flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts