What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JLo - Kentish Creme X Flo

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, this JLo pheno is certainly potent, and quite fast-acting too, but it's still a builder - a good half an hour before the full effects are reached, and I've been going a good two or three hours before I'm even thinking of another smoke - which is a long time for me...:)

There's so little of this batch that I'm only allowing myself a couple of smokes a day, but a friend of mine and I shared a joint around six pm, and we really got hit hard - pink eyes, giggles, visual distortion, levitation...excellent stuff. She refused to have any more as she had to drive, which was understandable, given our predicament.

So the only vegging plant of this will stay in veg until it's big enough to get more safety clones taken - can't afford to lose this one. The only downside of this pheno is its lack of branching - the other female that hermied was really branchy, and was quite appealing for that, as neither parent is particularly branchy.

So although this one is more typical, it's a pain as there's no lower branches I can clone before it goes into flower - I need each top bud intact, so I can't chop off any of the tops now, and the buds will appear in the next few days. So I've bent them around as much as possible to try and stress the plant into throwing out some side-branches quickly, and I can get them off an back under 24-hour light.

But given the limited space we have, I'm quite hopeful this could turn out to be very desirable indeed, once stabilised.

Z10N

Hey Eman how's it going mate? sounds & looks like prime stuff! enjoy it!!:D
i'm interested to see a dry nug shot, if possible?

peace,
Z\(0)N
__*

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Jeez - don't think that's gonna happen sadly - I have one small bud left, and no camera. There's one guy left to try it, so I'm hanging onto it till tomorrow, but then it'll be gone. It just looks like the fresh shots, but a little harder...:)

It's awesome stuff though - I'm really surprised just how potent it is. It has more head than the Kentish Creme, and more body than the Flo, and is stronger than either, with that forehead-smacking expansion you get from 'other' things. Plus there's definite visuals - I just wish I'd had more to try, and really see what happens if you push it..:)

However, the next plant is budding already, at around ten days in flower - faster than the Cocoa Kush - faster than most I've grown actually. This will mainly be used for seed production, but clones will be made, and given to a couple of folks for testing.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well it may have been luck, but I'm hoping it was intuition! They certainly synergise well in growth, plant and bud structure and the high - definitely more potent than either parent, so it was a success in that department at least - just remains to be seen how much it opens up in the F2s.

The Kentish Creme is completely unknown genetically, but the Flo is pretty reliable, and I can usually see the Flo half in a cross now, so hopefully there should be a fair few KC variants in the F2s to stabilise that 'type', and also find a better male for back and outcrossing. The JLo male we're using is fine, but I'd like to see what else is available...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well the JLo breeding plant is looking extremely exciting now - although this pheno has no side-branches whatsoever, making it tricky to clone. It just has about seven main stems, consisting of a series of 'shade leaves with bud'. It looks a little like some 'pole' sativas I've seen from Africa and Colombia.

It's currently at 25 days flower, and we're going to pollenate it this week - probably at 28, given it's an 8-week pheno. I'll have a camera after tomorrow, and will post some pics - probably when we get this lovely girl knocked-up, so check back, won't you...? :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I put some pollen on a branch the other day, but I'm away for a little while so can't check the results yet - but all being well, I should have a batch of F2 seeds in four weeks. If the pollen didn't take for any reason, I can get more next week for a second attempt.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Flo

Flo

Hey Elevator Man!!!

I'm on my first ever grow and it's DP Original Flo in a greenhouse. Would love to pick your brains over this strain as I'm a novice and you're clearly an expert!

Love reading your threads and those pictures are great...

...good luck with the outdoor grow

Monk

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, no problem - fire away. I'm running some inline f3s at the moment - my latest 'MoFlo' batches. I'm away from home right now, but will be able to update when I get back, but there seem to be two phenos - a 'purple Thai' type (based on appearance anyway), and a more indica-looking one, but all with the usual dark green/purple coloration.

Should also be able to update on the outdoor grow soon, and can check on the progress of the pollenated JLo female too...

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Eb and Flo

Eb and Flo

OK then so here goes...

I have 6 DP flo seedlings and three Kiwi Seeds seedlings all sweating it out in the greenhouse at the two week stage. The Kiwi's are just a random bunch...could be anything from their strains but just thought it might be fun to cross breed with (please add opinion).

I've started the grow deliberately quite late so hopefully they won't be pushing the roof off come late October. I will be transplanting them into 12" tubs in the next week which will be: 40% B&Q Multi, 40% John Immes No3, 20% Perlite. I don't intend to use any nutes for 2 or 3 weeks after transplanting and then I will use half strength Biobizz nutes right the way through.

I have no idea with regards to topping/fimming/mould etc etc.

What do you reckon to the above? Do you think I have a reasonable chance of finding a good Flo female and Male there? Will also be interesting to see what the Kiwi's are...maybe their Kush will emerge and I could develop some kind of FLUSH?

Greenhouse receives sun pretty much all day.

Thanks for your time E Man.
:joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Wel Flo is one of the fastest-sexing strains, if not the fastest I've grown - I've had pollen dropping from males at six weeks from germination! Check my Flo breeding thread, as I had some very good males produced at the 2nd-gen. So it won't be long before you know. The main thing is that it tends to grow straight and tall, and is not very branchy, s it's good to top them early - at the fourth or fifth node ideally:

And yeah, they don't like strong nutes - my green pheno is more robust, but the purple phenos are quite delicate, and will show leaf-burn quite quickly, especially around the buds, which can reduce the yield due to nutes being unavailable. But overall it's a great strain to grow, and one of the best smokes there is.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Sex

Sex

Thanks for that E Man...if you have the time or inclination could you answer these for me? No worries if not.

Should I be looking for sex that early even in a greenhouse grow?

Is a node where two sets of leaves branch out from the main stem?

When do you reckon I might be harvesting these babies and at what height?

Can I cross pollinate and still get good smokeable bud?

Probably all stupid questions but oh well...

Thanks again

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
They might take longer in a greenhouse, but now we're 'over the hump' in daylength terms, it might not be so bad. I've only ever grown clones outdoors.

And yeah, a node is exactly that. I would say five sets of leaves is fine, including the first true leaves. Flo is fast in every respect, and can take it. Mine started flowering between the 1st and 5th of September (if you're in the UK), and I chopped them eight weeks later, so around the 5th-7th November?

They'll need punching out to make them bushy, as it tends to grow several stems straight up, so the more the better, though the buds overall might be smaller. It's not the highest yielder - that's partly why I'm incrossing, to try and find a heavier specimen with all the other traits intact.

And yes, Flo is incredibly stable, and can be incrossed easily - I'm on my 3rd-generation now, and they all look alike, and like their parents, so I can't ask for more at this stage. Pics soon, but not here - check the Flo breeding thread for updates on those. Cheers.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I use 'Neem Repel', which seems to work great for spider-mite. Thrips seem to hang around more, but they don't seem to be able to nibble through quite as well as they used to...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting stuff Elevator Man :yes: :canabis:

We just crossed Flo (purple bagseed / s1) with Apollo 13 (F2 or backcross?) to try and find a sativa base to work from in future. Just reading this thread fills us with positive vibes :dance: :D

Flo [Dutch Passion] is some of the most mentally stimulating erb we ever smoked,, wrote half a dissertation after a few tokes.. the flowers had a spicy fragrant taste,, most enjoyable :joint:

Please keep us updated,,,
All the best,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts