What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jiffy Cube Germ. (Peat Moss) x DWC Veg Questions

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Its working nicely, with the vents closed during lights on and the window open, my temps are now in the mid 60's and the buckets are as well. humidity is rather low at 20-25%
Roots are showing on all the pots now. Good Times...

Off topic, I bought a couple vehicles in the past 6 months and my insurance skyrocketed to 300$/mo - I said I cant do this and spent a whole day on the phone shopping around, one company wanted 7500$ a year - pfft. Anyways found a company to insure them for less than half for more coverage! woot! stress relief yay! Now I can use that savings for more goodies...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Anywho - turns out the jiffypellets are just fine in the dwc's. You dont want to keep them saturated tho , but by keeping the water levels below the netpots, they work just fine.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Heres my results - I keep res levels at 2.5 gallons - seems ok

heres some males that got pulled - roots are nute stained but very healthy

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Welp , Using jiffy cubes in dwc turned out to be a non issue for my grow.
My suggestions are keep the water levels below your bucket and your golden . Heres results from one of my pots for an example

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
harvested those jiffy started plants - they did quite well . 15 oz on 4 girls
hmu if you need tips on this technique

rewap

I registrerad here just to say: Thank you for the grow log. Im in the same situation you where in the beginning, what ever todo soil or dwc, put the peat bricks in the dwc or take away all the soil and transplant them in leca.

Im also a first time grower and i find this very helpful, thank you again :)

dsjohnston

There is some real good information on youtube put out by: NVclosetmedgrower, how from seed to harvest he feeds his using GH, and Cal Mag. You have to look for his How to grow Part 1 and so on. I hope this can help.