What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Jesus and 'The Holy Bible':::::::

M

moose eater

By the way, Sunshineinabag, some of the 1st Nations folks up this way, in Alaska, traditionally believe the raven carried the seed that became the Earth. Ravens are protected birds, and live to be quite old. Very smart, too.

Some less-than-respectful jackass shot one in the head a while back with a blow dart in Alaska, and the bird was ultimately euthanized just the other day.

Sometimes our lack of cultural awareness, or awareness in general, is slow to show any real or obvious progress toward conscientious living. Many of us still believe we're God's stewards, failing to see where, if that's true, we've been derelict or incompetent in our duties, and continue on believing the world is our proverbial oyster, to do with as we see fit.

I didn't apologize for my ancestors' actions because I'm responsible for what they did. I apologized because I'm still here, and to the best of my knowledge, they never did apologize.

Tryin' to keep it clean, in a way.

Take care.

'Boogieman'

Even though I'm conservative, I hate bible thumpers with a passion. Just let me smoke weed without your fucking scripture rants.

White Beard

I would rather keep any Christian faith posts in just the one thread

Thank you for that: growing up, the press of Christian messages, Christian assumptions, Christian expectations was unbearable - not unlike the stories you hear about life under Big Brother: people always watching, listening, checking your ‘enthusiasm’, ready to inform on you to the authorities at school, at home, at work, at church. A desire for privacy was frowned upon, casual words could change your future...the “right” kind of compliance was poorly rewarded, all else was punished.

These days, I restrict my contact with Christians, and it is good for me to do so. I appreciate the distance this provides. ...And I’ll leave it at that.

Absolem

The bible my roommate had in college came in real handy for us.

The paper was nice and thin and you could roll huge party joints with it.

St. Phatty

The bible my roommate had in college came in real handy for us.

The paper was nice and thin and you could roll huge party joints with it.

Sounds like a good place to be a pet bird.

If there were any seeds.

When you removed the rolling papers from the Bible - did your room-mate know about it ?

Absolem

Sounds like a good place to be a pet bird.

If there were any seeds.

When you removed the rolling papers from the Bible - did your room-mate know about it ?

Hey St, Phatty,

Yeah some of it was seeded. Glad those days are over. haha Then my roommate with the bible hooked this connection and was scoring us some skunk #1. Found a bean in one of the sacks and started growing. Miss that plant. One and done.

The roommate with the bible was in on it. It sure beat putting a bunch of zig zags together. lol. With a small grow at our place we didn't party there so we'd always bring a hog leg to the parties.

Sunshineinabag

By the way, Sunshineinabag, some of the 1st Nations folks up this way, in Alaska, traditionally believe the raven carried the seed that became the Earth. Ravens are protected birds, and live to be quite old. Very smart, too.

Some less-than-respectful jackass shot one in the head a while back with a blow dart in Alaska, and the bird was ultimately euthanized just the other day.

Sometimes our lack of cultural awareness, or awareness in general, is slow to show any real or obvious progress toward conscientious living. Many of us still believe we're God's stewards, failing to see where, if that's true, we've been derelict or incompetent in our duties, and continue on believing the world is our proverbial oyster, to do with as we see fit.

I didn't apologize for my ancestors' actions because I'm responsible for what they did. I apologized because I'm still here, and to the best of my knowledge, they never did apologize.

Tryin' to keep it clean, in a way.

Take care.

:comfort:

Many thx for a well written truth I really enjoyed seeing! Well met my friend! I don't even wanna think what a bag of flesh has to have happen to them in life to see a majestic intelligent bird and try to harm it.......UPWARDS AND ONWARDS! IM across the expanse near turtle island ......where history chan spent cash cash cash clickbait oak island .......as Monty Python would say......

"Shrubberies!"

EsterEssence

Veteran
Pipeline, in post 54 I asked a couple questions, I was hoping that you had some knowledge about my questions. What I find is a lot of bible thumping, without answers to legitimate concerns.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Romans 10:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thessalonians 1:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Acts 2:38 King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

White Beard

Romans 10:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thessalonians 1:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Acts 2:38 King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

You make a good point: we could discuss the differences between Christianity and Pauianity as laid out in the magic book.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
I can't get with it .I'm a non believer and my parents go to church 2 sometimes 3 times a week .my pops reads his bible everyday .I just can't believe grown adults believe this story about 1 man creating all this nope can't do it but if that's your bag then that's your bag

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to give you props on that one, Chuck. I"m with you on that one ALL DAY. None of it makes practical sense. I could go on and on about that, but believe me - jesus AIN'T coming.

W

Water-

Thought I saw it somewhere.

Flavius Josephus was a roman historian. Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to the biblical Jesus Christ. A passage states that Jesus the Messiah was a wise teacher who was crucified by Pilate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

"Josephus wrote all of his surviving works after his establishment in Rome (c. AD 71) under the patronage of the Flavian Emperor Vespasian. As is common with ancient texts, however, there are no extant (surviving) manuscripts of Josephus' works that can be dated before the 11th century, and the oldest of these are all Greek minuscules, copied by Christian monks" - Wikipedia

The Flavian Roman dynasty are usually pointed to as the originators of christianty is the west.

From my readings and research, he is not considered a reliable source by most historians.
His writings if real come at least 40 years after Jesus' supposed death and the writings were directed by a Roman Emperor

peace

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Jesus story its a copy of egiptian's god horus. If you study the Christian iconography, especially the introduction in the middle ages of the virgin Mary figure, you see one of the most big marketing operation for the mass control

^^^This.

Pipeline, please watch the first 30 minutes (Part 1) of this video. If this thread is to discuss interpretations of the Bible, then this video is relevant to the discussion and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it. It lays out quite nicely evidence for indabonga's claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbIu8Zeqp0

SamsonsRiddle

i'm sorry but some of these theories that yall are putting out there as what it says in the bible are laughable. instead of listening to what some man says the bible says, just read it for yourself. then you can make an educated decision of whether it says something or not. unfortunately, it will take you years just to figure out the chronological order.

the bible doesn't say you go to heaven when you die, the earth is 6,000 years old, jesus is god, christians are happy and go to church every sunday, or most of the other things they are teaching people is "truth from the book". anyone can take a book and use it out of context and deceive gullible people into believing something it obviously doesn't say. how many people who are claiming a christian title even know what the book says IN CONTEXT?

And finally, please stop saying "that's your interpretation!" The bible interprets itself, but the symbolism takes years to understand... for instance mountains refer to nations (damn, there i go giving away freebies). If the bible was up to every person's private interpretation then there would be no absolute truth and each person would be their own god - once again deciding for themselves good or evil (remember that old two tree story).

i know this is all going to fall on def ears, but maybe there will be one starfish on the beach and it will be thrown back in the water (it's a parable and i don't believe that there are actually going to be starfishes viewing this).

White Beard

Magic Book doesn’t count as anything but what its words say.

No magic in the magic book, but all the rest you know so surely depends on the magic book being magic. God? The Magic book is his sayings. How Do we know? Because the magic book tells us. Why believe the magic book is the word of god? Because the magic book says so. And we believe the magic book because...? Because the magic book tells us to.

“How real is this to you?”
“More real than YOU are”

White Beard

^^^This.

Pipeline, please watch the first 30 minutes (Part 1) of this video. If this thread is to discuss interpretations of the Bible, then this video is relevant to the discussion and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it. It lays out quite nicely evidence for indabonga's claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbIu8Zeqp0

Pretty sure he’s not interested in any of your heathen rubbish
(Or mine, for that matter...)

Pretty sure this is his ‘ministry’ - his reaching out to save the sinners, tell everyone how great it all is, and “bring souls to Christ”.

Latest posts

Latest posts