What's new

Jedi’s Restoration journal of a terminator Pheno - lavacake

Jedi genetics

Goodday all, I’m Jedi genetics and this is going to be a journal of a little garden of mine, and a bit of an experiment on the restoration of a really cherished pheno that’s been through it a little bit recently.

First of all let me give you the low down on what we will be working with. She’s a x I made called lavacake, she’s was made with a ice cream cake cut that had been circulating which was a nice balance of everything you want in a plant, strong smoke, rooted really quick, and tough!
( this will play a role in the next chapter, I’ll explain in a minute 😂 ).. anyways a local old timer I know had been working and growing a single line for over a decade which stemmed from an old school lavender he had from the 80’s.. he had been popping beans for years after a few outdoor seasons breeding for stock and out of the probably thousands by that time found one that is honestly the most interesting complex smoke iv ever had the pleasure of trying. Long story short we made the cross and lavacake is a result. I kept this pheno out of a 200 bean run we did.

Iv been away for a few months on other projects and reluctantly my babies have been in the hands of the wife and out of the stable of 16 diff projects one has survived..and I’m pretty sure it’s lavacake .. just so you understand the hardship this girl has been through she somehow survived two weeks with the lights off over Christmas ( don’t ask ) and had been living in a party cup for over 6 months. Kept alive under a 20w led strip on a feel of EC .6. She’s had a pretty hard infestation of thrips. And yet is hanging on.

Now I could get my hands on some new clones and be off and running, but where’s the fun in that? This girl survived so we will be bringing her back to life!

Before we discuss grow setup, photos!

Jedi genetics

So this is her the last time she was run. Beautifully complex high that will whack you immediately. Heavy eyes, kushy blanket couch lock high.. very little rushyness. Fresh she smells of incense and tar.
9ACA7C4D-6AA6-413B-897A-3A5D6B4D8A0C.jpeg

Jedi genetics

After six months in the jar she’s gone sweet, pure lavender, and smells oh so good! Interestingly the longer she’s been in the jars the more old school lavender she’s gone, when she’s first dried she’s all incense and funk.. I’ll get some photos up of the tent and where we are to start.. not too much to see right now, but let’s go!

Cheers,

J.G
3F390BDA-597E-4D6F-A776-8DFA341A4307.jpeg

Jedi genetics

This is the state of her as of yesterday.

Setup-

* Modest 80x80 tent
* Over head we have a 300w lumatek pro
* ventilation we have a outtake hooked up to a carbon filter On a auto controller. Passive intake and a worn out osculating fan that needs replacing.
* coco and perlite mix running canna nutes.

First call of order is a decent clean, removed damaged leaves, the plant being so small I took her for a shower and washed every leaf by hand to wash off those little shits .. oops I mean thrips. I’ll potted up into a 3l, upped her feed along with a little flush to help her settle in and we’re off. The plan is to veg her back into health over the next week or so, take some cuts n then work with them and go from there.

Temps 75f
RH 60
45AE7E27-C6F8-42CF-8A83-262AC4F83BA8.jpeg
C9077DA3-094A-4AC3-A05A-1C2C0DF5ADDF.jpeg

Jedi genetics

Goodday all.. I throught id do a little update on the first post I made.. well when made it! Along with the clones I took off her, anyway things are about to get more interesting so here’s a low down

- striatum - selected pheno of lavacake.
- lumatek 300w, up until today iv been running the light on 50/75%percent power.
- tent 80x80
- feeding canna in a coco perlite mix

We now have 6 total plants with the old bonsai mum being flowered out, I was going to take cuts and dump her as she’s being through it, as well as being in a party cup for 9 months under a 20w led strip! ..she even survived two weeks of lights out over the Christmas period when the wife mentioned “ she may have turned the light off before she left “ two weeks into our holiday 😂 .. but I did a inventory check and it seems I don’t have enough smoke to last me so the old lady’s going to Have a go.. I’ll have some weekly photos from this point.

Cheers! J.G

Attachments

• 16F7E176-A87F-436B-ADF8-77485BD9F243.jpeg
    16F7E176-A87F-436B-ADF8-77485BD9F243.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 630ADCA5-4A2D-4C9B-91D3-49566B4D5A09.jpeg
    630ADCA5-4A2D-4C9B-91D3-49566B4D5A09.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 13