What's new

Jar Curing

smokinjoe

I think I asked this question somewhere else on this site, I just can't remember where ? You guys give a lot of advice on jar curing. I've never tried it, mainly hanging my plants til the stems snap, then paper bag 3 days, then into my freezer bags. I want to jar cure to see what I have been missing. The question is how in the hell do you cure 2-3 lbs ? No way I've got, or can get that many jars. Help me out brothers !

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Goto Costco. PriceClub SamsClub BJ's and buy those peaches in light syrup that come in nice jars and start eating away..... mmmm peaches......

or do what bar said.... did you know his grandpa was in the tuskegee expiriments :D lol

Mlfmonkey

that's right

that's right

I bought Gallon sized jars...from fleet farm. and that worked out really well. We also bought a big thing of jalipenos (sp?) at costco...that worked o.k. too. But I should have gone with peach jars instead....mmmm...peaches.:D

I want to jar cure to see what I have been missing

I want to jar cure to see what I have been missing

Glad to see your going to give jar curing a go.
The results are pretty impressive, the taste much better and the smoke a little better in my opinion.

2-3lbs?
damn i also wish i had that problem :D

smokinjoe

Looks like it's gonna be more like 1 to 2 lbs. I just lost 3 plants to root rot. We've had so much rain here it got 3 plants I had out in a kick-ass bottom spot. Really pissed me off. My 3 largest are still doing well. I won't lose them to root rot.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I'm using 10, half gallon "Ball" jars to keep my Mazar and my Who's Your Daddy buds snug and secure. Dried them for 6-7 days hanging them, then trimmed them up and jared them and am now storing them in a cool, dark place. Pop them open once a day for about and hour(still in the dark) to let them breath and then close them up again. Good luck to everybody!:D