What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jar curing and moisture

Farmingking1

Hey i dont have a hygrometer yet but my buds werr kinda crispy feeling on the outside so i put them n jars last night burped them yhis morning before work came home and my buds r pretty moist wht do you think i should do

Gry

Veteran
Stick them in a paper bag until they are good and dry, and then the jar.

St. Phatty

Hey i dont have a hygrometer yet but my buds werr kinda crispy feeling on the outside so i put them n jars last night burped them yhis morning before work came home and my buds r pretty moist wht do you think i should do

What was the dry cycle ? How many days, ballpark estimate of the dry temps.

How long have they been in the jar ?

Mold is the least fun of all.

Better to over-dry them, than under-dry.

Do you have a window where they can be in the sun for short periods of time ? (one way to dry them)

Farmingking1

they hung for 6 days and its between 68 ta 72 and theyve been in jars for about a full day i open jars n sat them a little ways away from thr fan wht do u think

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
At this time with your bud hours count more than days.

Closely monitor the buds in the paper bag to avoid going
beyond the moisture content the prohibits a proper sweat/cure.

If your buds are dried through, then your cured yield will not
be very good at all.

Adding moisture at that point will not force a sweat/cure,
but you may allow mold to bloom if the spores are there.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Don't you plan ahead? A harvest is 4-5months in the making. Your excuse is what?

6 days? We spend anywhere from 7 days -3 weeks (climate depending) before they see a jar, and most times they are fitted with Hygrometers! You will serve no wine before its time!

Latest posts

Latest posts