What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japan for 1st timers...

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello folks,

That day in which I go to visit Japan has finaly come, and I would like to prepare as best as possible, to take the most of my experience.

I've already read the threat about food and taken some notes. Any particular advice on when it's the best time to buy sushi? I'm planning to rely on that and sake and my comfort foods seeing that herb is to expensive and sketchy over there. Yes, I read the threat about prices too.

I have been to "Asia" before, but I understand that this region is very diverse. Any advice, links, experiences and the alikes on the DOs and DON'Ts in Japan would be much appreciated.

B

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Don't reach for the cab door

There's really not much to worry about as far as dont's.

The fall is a beautiful time here, the temps are mild so you can expect to need a light sweater at night.

Traveling light is a plus here.

Most important phrase is ****** doko dess ka? Put what you want to find in the blank and look at their hands walk 20 feet and repeat.

There are just so many things to see depending on what kind of vacation you are after. give us an idea and we can give a few.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks JF! :yes:

It being in Fall should certainly add to the experience. I usualy take a lot of pics when I travel, and this time I don't think it will be different...

This is not a vacation tho, I wish it was, but no. I'll just have the oportunity to come and visit. And I'm curious. Who knows when it would be the next time.

I'm mostly interested in places, shops, venues, musea, gardens, bars, Gadgets shops, a good place to have sake/sushi/tempura, a nice spa, a good resto, a funky shop, a futuristic metro stop, etc, in or near **** which are worth a visit.

Maybe not strictly for cannabis purposes (tho from what I have read here, there's a historical/religious connection, at least to hemp, and it would be interesting to see some of those paintings/rugs) but also other places that might attract curiosity.

And before you send me to the forum of Lonely Planet :D what I mean is: What do you think that fellow a smoker and traveler might enjoy during a visit to Japan?

Suggestions, Experiences, Faux pas... they're all welcome!

B

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
make sure you have a good budget for train travel in tokyo...it aint cheap. if you only planned on putting 100 bucks onto your passcard double it to 200. are you flying into Narita? take the airport limosuine buses (orange colored) they are only 30 bucks cheaper than cab.

you dont really need to take the cabs, there is always a train that takes you to where you gotta go unless your out late night.

i dont know that much about Nagoya....im a tokyo person myself.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys for the tips,

I won't have a chance to visit Tokio on this trip, but it might not be the only one I take.

I'm really curious about the place, the food, the culture...

Will try to post my experiences and some pics, should they be of any use for fellow ICmagers.

Cheers :wave: B

Latest posts

Latest posts