jamaican "lambsbread"

Rembetis

was hoping there was another Lambsbread line, but unfortunately,
1674875549276.png

herbgreen

Veteran
^^That's great find

Flower time too short and now we have the info

Richard williams is the one that if you want to do that extralong flowering real lambsbread

This just for people want do the investment time etc

Its a Golden Opportunity believe me!!!:rasta:

And hempdepot cant be more oldscool ....Its just not for everybody :biggrin:

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Maybe that is the Blue Mtn obtained by CBG ???

Its way before CBG release of Blue MTN

Thats a marc emery catalog

Im familiar with it its something I have smoked and its not pure sativa by long shot Nice high not a modern high Good high...Its something you could really get into as it is

Of course its worth it to know what it it

Exotic Alchemy Colombian Gold is ...British Hempires SMG

True SMG I do believe from all the looking I did into it....there was slight confusion but british Hempires own pics and stories I beleive its a pure Colombian Gold... Its over @ MNS forums if I remember right

Yeah, that's funny I literally smoked that before Called it Blue MTN and its marc emery seed bank

Its way too chunky to be real but very nice smoke ...Very practical clear daily smoke

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, strap on your sherlok holmes hat...not too tight :dance013:

And dont forget your pipe!

Hopefuly you will need it......eventually:rasta:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Super wispy dope. How do you know it is ready to cut?

@Azaghal's grow in greenhouse ;)

The cut can starts at 14, need milky trichomes but better you wait better it is according specimens. 18 weeker as best i think but some green jungle ones can go to 24 or more, it's even possible to reveg in 12/12 so ^^

Rembetis

I believe the story on the Blue Mountain used in the Double Jam is that it was collected by Siete in Jamaica. Roms or Mustafunk will have to confirm that. I dug thru the old Double Jam threads back when I grew out that strain and there was confusion about the Blue Mountain. Turned out that there were three different Blue Mountains people were talking about and no doubt the Wild Rose selection contributed to that.
I have been dealing with Hemp Depot for a very long time. He is a good guy and always treated me right. The Richard Williams line has the same origins as Rom's line. Maybe from an earlier generation if the story is to be believed. Either way it is the only pure Lambsbread I know of at this time so it is the one to get. I dont mind the long flower time. Had some of the Lambsbread leaning Double Jams go 18 weeks.
Note- the Blue Mountain was also discussed in the first few pages of this thread.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
@Azaghal's grow in greenhouse ;)

The cut can starts at 14, need milky trichomes but better you wait better it is according specimens. 18 weeker as best i think but some green jungle ones can go to 24 or more, it's even possible to reveg in 12/12 so ^^
How short a time period of light do they finish at?

Lovely looking seeds Roms.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Rembetis About Kaiki's JBM line I don't know precisely, I thought he brought and selected it himself, collected in the 80s right? I only grown it by the cut of Breizou, strawberry one sadly intersexed, it was less pure old sativa than the JLB no doubt, probably mixed with others 70s gems like Colombian Red or Black with less flowering time? Btw Colombian Gold is more comparable to the Lambsbread so ^^?

How short a time period of light do they finish at?

We used to play 10/14 to end the stretch, with 12/12 from seeds during one month then 11/13 at sexing.
Pure sativa grow doesn't need 18/6 veg, if you really want big plants it's all about the size of the medium ;)

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
The Tropics barely vary from 12/12 it seems

Makes sense 18/6 would mess them up:bump:

Probably 12/12 from seed is ideal because they get the veg time and are not shocked with 18/6 over to 12/12

It may be good to veg 24/7 if you want big huge plants

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Thats a really strong point ot make with any of these tropicals

18/6 is nowhere in their dna :biggrin:

Its nearly 12/12 @ tropics

Ed Rosenthal had a chart with every strain you can imagine and the exacting times

elchischas

Veteran
I believe the story on the Blue Mountain used in the Double Jam is that it was collected by Siete in Jamaica. Roms or Mustafunk will have to confirm that. I dug thru the old Double Jam threads back when I grew out that strain and there was confusion about the Blue Mountain. Turned out that there were three different Blue Mountains people were talking about and no doubt the Wild Rose selection contributed to that.
I have been dealing with Hemp Depot for a very long time. He is a good guy and always treated me right. The Richard Williams line has the same origins as Rom's line. Maybe from an earlier generation if the story is to be believed. Either way it is the only pure Lambsbread I know of at this time so it is the one to get. I dont mind the long flower time. Had some of the Lambsbread leaning Double Jams go 18 weeks.
Note- the Blue Mountain was also discussed in the first few pages of this thread.
That's right
Jamaican Blue Mountain was collected by Siete at the 80's as many other pure landraces used in Cannabiogen.
In my opinion Siete was the brain behind Cannabiogen.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
In a tent big plants are wasteful because the light can’t get through the canopy. I had 18/6 going on the OHz when they first went into the tent., flipping to 12/12 once the height looked good. I will use 12/12 after they get moved into tents. Is sprouting at 24/0 ok, then flip to 12/12 when they up-pot and go under the big lights?

Maybe reducing the light period to induce finishing is the wrong plan for these skinny leafers.

Rembetis

In a tent big plants are wasteful because the light can’t get through the canopy. I had 18/6 going on the OHz when they first went into the tent., flipping to 12/12 once the height looked good. I will use 12/12 after they get moved into tents. Is sprouting at 24/0 ok, then flip to 12/12 when they up-pot and go under the big lights?

Maybe reducing the light period to induce finishing is the wrong plan for these skinny leafers.
No. One of the biggest mistakes I see is people trying to grow tropicals like bld's. In my opinion its one of the reasons so many people have hermie issues due to stress. In the tropics the seeds will sprout at near 12/12. Sub-tropical areas can have a little more light, 13.5/10.5.

Landrace Sativas are very difficult, and it takes a while to get your set up and methods dialed in. Start at 12/12 in a 1 gallon pot. At 30 days transplant into 2 gallon or bigger pots. Transplanting triggers them to start flowering when growing indoors. Once they get close to the height you want tie the top node below the top or clip it to control height. You can also drop the light cycle down to 11/13 or 10/14 which will also stop growth.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

Looks like 80s pic under MH wow and looks like vegetation schedule used before with apex cut? really big pots i bet too ^^
No. One of the biggest mistakes I see is people trying to grow tropicals like bld's. In my opinion its one of the reasons so many people have hermie issues due to stress. In the tropics the seeds will sprout at near 12/12. Sub-tropical areas can have a little more light, 13.5/10.5.
:abduct:

Landrace Sativas are very difficult, and it takes a while to get your set up and methods dialed in. Start at 12/12 in a 1 gallon pot. At 30 days transplant into 2 gallon or bigger pots. Transplanting triggers them to start flowering when growing indoors. Once they get close to the height you want tie the top node below the top or clip it to control height. You can also drop the light cycle down to 11/13 or 10/14 which will also stop growth.

Ya growing pure sat' indoor requires also anti-stress methods I would advice to use definitive pot size according space possibilities, like up to 1.5 gallon need 6.5 feet height. I think the first big root dives deep to measure its available space so by using definitive pot from the start the plant develops itself more peacefully than transplants i guess.