What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Rembetis

I think real seeds had double.jam for a minute about a month ago? Right?

They did have a few packs. If those are gone you can still get some at the place in Canada, H D. F4's listed under Whish Seeds. I see that the listing has been updated with a new description saying that they have been selected more towards the Blue Mountain side. The old listing was the description Ngakpa used.

Last edited:

Im'One

They did have a few packs. If those are gone you can still get some at the place in Canada, H D. F4's listed under Whish Seeds. I see that the listing has been updated with a new description saying that they have been selected more towards the Blue Mountain side. The old listing was the description Ngakpa used.

Yes...I'm gonna pass on hemp depot. Thanks.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"Lambsbread" is NOT a specific strain of Jamaican ganja...

It is a term that was used to describe the best ganja that was available at a particular time, in the area of Jamaica that you were at that particular time...

It had more to do with a particularly good crop that a more experienced farmer had grown that season...

Anyone for the past 40 or more years, who spends his money on seeds labeled as "Lambsbread" is only spending his money on hype..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

"Lambsbread" is NOT is not a specific strain of Jamaican ganja...

It is a term that was used to describe the best ganja that was available at a particular time, in the area of Jamaica that you were at that particular time...

It had more to do with a particularly good crop that a more experienced farmer had grown that season...

Anyone for the past 40 or more years, who spends his money on seeds labeled as "Lambsbread" is only spending his money on hype..

Don't think that before the introduction of western genetics in Jamaica, you had different varieties growing over there.If the word Lambsbread was used for good weed, i'm wondering then why some were using the word Kali.

chilliwilli

Waterboy

"Lambsbread" is NOT is not a specific strain of Jamaican ganja...

For me lambsbread or lambsbreath(not sure whats"right") is ganja used in a spiritual way. I'm with u that there is no specific strain called lambsbread. And yes probably the guy that bought the weed in the 60's where this wonderfull looking sativa in the 1. post came out was told he got some wonderfull lambsbread. The rest is cultural misconception and hyping a strain as jamaican legendary genetics.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I believe Jamaicans used various nicknames to indicate cannabis, collie weed (not kali) indicates Indian weed, from the way the British called Indian immigrant laborers...
Lambsbread was a name for high quality grass, (such as high grade), later it became synonymous with traditional Jamaican variety, thin leaves, long flowering, typical tropical...
It's kind of like the South African dagga

I have some beans I sent back from Jamaica a few years ago that look just like some of these plants I have seen here. They mainly look just like Heusus plants, haven't had any luck getting them to germ yet, trying something new this time. Wish me luck, and maybe one day I can get a pic to join yall. God bless.

Cvh

Supermod
Don't think that before the introduction of western genetics in Jamaica, you had different varieties growing over there.If the word Lambsbread was used for good weed, i'm wondering then why some were using the word Kali.

Isn't Kali an Indian word?

Anybody any info on what the Jamaicans called Kali? Or is it just another word for grass?

mexcurandero420

Veteran
I believe Jamaicans used various nicknames to indicate cannabis, collie weed (not kali) indicates Indian weed, from the way the British called Indian immigrant laborers...
Lambsbread was a name for high quality grass, (such as high grade), later it became synonymous with traditional Jamaican variety, thin leaves, long flowering, typical tropical...
It's kind of like the South African dagga

Here is an old vid with Peter Tosh and a guy smoking some 'erb.He is talking about Kali (Indian word) or collie in Jamaican dialect :D

[YOUTUBEIF]SblaW6KB23w [/YOUTUBEIF]

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
picture.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co4BQ6MS3j8&list=PLE05nrdjjJ4dVGCXkvKHLZY0oXz2csQDy&index=1
mixed by King Tubby

acespicoli

:rasta: its important to play reggae in the grow room
so the plants grow with the good vibes ! :canabis:
maybe some coco coir, beach sand, pina colada with the umbrella :D

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Pfff it seems that someone starts to sell our JLB on IG, the guy is "exotic_alchemy" ; also sells my MIS line without the respect of my work etc, the same with other lines landraces worked by others etc... WTF! Another disrespectful greedy one that need to be reveal and calm down pffff maybe i'm wrong but it doesn't seem, shame on him!

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Some people never learn.

Legalised grow of ganja on the Island of Saint Vincent, which is now affected by an second eruption.

...CR500AF...

Pfff it seems that someone starts to sell our JLB on IG, the guy is "exotic_alchemy" ; also sells my MIS line without the respect of my work etc, the same with other lines landraces worked by others etc... WTF! Another disrespectful greedy one that need to be reveal and calm down pffff maybe i'm wrong but it doesn't seem, shame on him!

Ya i had a few pics stolen on Over G that crap will never end. Best thing share it spread around as much as you can and explain what it is to people, make it worthless for them to steal because everybody has it...:)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Ya i had a few pics stolen on Over G that crap will never end. Best thing share it spread around as much as you can and explain what it is to people, make it worthless for them to steal because everybody has it...:)

right. when it is rare, everybody wants it. when you can get it easily, interest gets low :D

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

Indeed bro that's the philosophy that i trust and believe since i share it, risquy for sure but first of all constructive, step by step its free aura will expand and shine thank you all to pass the peace! Far high inna babylon, love revolution come!

acespicoli

if someone gives you genetics or a clone etc on the condition not to share you have to keep your word ... Period
and its just common courtesy if you make a release of acquired commercial genetics make it a one off not a pure release
on another note,
I got some pulga seed from pavarti valley
and the one who harvested the seeds in the wild told me to
share these with no restriction
pulga11.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	pulga11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	17831997

pulga22.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	pulga22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	17831998

coco:thank you:
PULGA VILLAGE | Altitude : 2895 m
31.999229° N 77.44191° E
Accessible only by foot the Village is a few hours hike from the town of Barshiani located in Kullu district Himachal pradesh . Home of the Narayan Rishi sacred cove which protects dense Deodar forest almost entirely covered in snow during the winter months of November – March .

Cold tolerant landrace varieties from the Village of Pulga .
colors and aromas are vibrant and range from reddish to deep black . fruity and minty to heavy pungent aromas

Last edited: