What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
My buddy and I were told we were smoking the Lambsbread, when we stayed with Bully and his young apprentices way back in the hills of Jamaica in 1973...

Attachments

• jamaica 1973.jpg
    jamaica 1973.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 47

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
It is funny to realize that modern strains need more nutrients than old giants :D

View Image

G `day AH

Looks like Jungli to me .
Where were the Coolies coming from ?

@Willy Dread
The Lamb tech might be African and not Jamaican now I reflect on it .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I remember reading somewhere that the lambsbread crossed with an old thai was at the base of Electric (name of hawaian island), a sativa grown on that island...
However it is strange because I have never heard of a use of Jamaican strains in the creation of strains before the 90s....

S

Sertaiz

gangsta link there thank you, im going to feed a lamb some sativa colas someday now...

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
My buddy and I were told we were smoking the Lambsbread, when we stayed with Bully and his young apprentices way back in the hills of Jamaica in 1973...

Thank you BG for clarifying the truth, your adventures in Ja would deserve a canna book hey! Fine memories about the island and its people + you met the true roots rasta n wadada culture. A precious story for their history, journalism vibes, you have bread on the board like we say in french, a work could be done! Would you have time to devote to it? For the title i just have an idea : "Lambs dreads of the Lambsbread". :huggg:

Elmer Bud

Veteran

G `day BG

Further re the Lamb`s Bread .
I was just listening to Pablo Gad sing I burn Collie Weed in a chalwa .
Chalwa = chalice . That is used in Christian Mass as well . The cup that the priest puts the bread [ the body ] and the wine [ the blood of Christ ] .

I remember a friend talking about his chalice many years ago . Chalice ? WTF ? Then he explained it was a Rasta expression . I understood right away .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran

G `day BG

Is that a clay conchi in Bully`s hand .
Some folks called it a shell when I was a kid , we call it a cone in Oz.

Conchi derived from Conch shell I presume ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hi all

Enough guys, you obviously have differences and history, so if whatever is so irking either one of you is getting to a point where you have some considerable disagreements over this JLB then take it to PM's, and/or have a drink/toke together and sort it out like the sensible and reasonable people I know you can be....

Fighting over cannabis genetics don't really get no-one no where, believe me because I have been down that road many years ago...

How about releasing this much sought after......and much fought after variety so we can all see if its actually worth all the hype"?

*I have decided to re-open this thread - because its a good one - with many great posts - please don't let it slip into the realms of negativity again.

thank you for reopening the thread

I do not know what he knows pass here, I have not really read, I do not take sides for anyone but I know that Mustafunk is a bro who has always worked for keep the landrace, a trustworthy person, integrity
I make him whole trust for the future of this strain
good vibes my bro ;)

Overgrowdaworld, Mustafunk is the only guardian of the vibes collective that remains, listen to him about this strain and kept the good vibe that this strain deserves

best vibe

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Overgrowdaworld, Mustafunk is the only guardian of the vibes collective that remains, listen to him about this strain and kept the good vibe that this strain deserves

best vibe

Great to see you again brother JahGreenLabel, thanks for your words, I'm honored about that and I will keep going on... I hope everything is good with your life. You've always been an inspiration and a true friend for us, a master grower and generous landrace pioneer. I hope you still find peace on the plants. My door will be always open for you.

The Vibes Collective still lives, it always has been, even if it was in the shadows sometimes or most people are no longer compromised with the old ideas and the valuable legacy we left behind us, not just in the form of seeds but also a lifestyle or approach that many others have also embraced since then. Times change, trends change and some people do too... but others don't and will always remember their origins and those that were inspiring them since the beginning. ;)

Many seem to have a growing interest on heirlooms or rare genetics nowadays but most see landraces and an asset, the rarer the better, just something to speculate with. Few remember that many years ago, when Kanza and Rahan first founded started the Collective, there was only a handful of passionate growers who really had an interest on landrace research and already tried to make an awareness on preservation and an impact on the scene, reproducing and sharing freely hundreds of amazing seeds. I'm just trying to give credit when due and stop some people to tarnish the dream we've had and all our hardwork and selflessness dedication.

Much love and respect to the real soldiers... they know who they are. Time will tell and put everyone where they belong, I'm sure about that. Sooner or later the Vibes Collective will come back stronger than ever.

During this past decade we've been able to recover most of our legacy also had enough time to see who was really compromised and who's not... we never stopped working and been watching the scene carefully for all this years, just waiting for the right time to come back from the shadows.

Peace.:tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
G `day BG

Is that a clay conchi in Bully`s hand .
Some folks called it a shell when I was a kid , we call it a cone in Oz.

Conchi derived from Conch shell I presume ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I sent Elmer a PM regarding his question and realized I should share it on this board..

The object in Bully's hand is a clay bowl which has been fired in hot coals..
The bowl goes to a "chalice", which is a water pipe..
If you look at the picture closely, (at the top of the previous page) you'll see that the young man in the front-center of the picture is holding a complete Chalice...

The main body is made of a coconut shell. All the coconut meat was scraped out through a hole at one end where the bowl is held with a short piece of large rubber tube.
Another hole has a 14 inch X 1/2 inch piece of bamboo for a stem...
Instead of a screen in the bottom of the bowl, a nutmeg was cut in half and grooves were notched on the sides of it.
It was then dropped down in the clay bowl.
The shell was filled with water. A nice pipe...

Here's a couple pics I took from the hilltop at Bully's place ..
It was a beautiful area, and Bully and the young men took us hiking to nearby waterfalls and along some nice trails...

Attachments

• File0004.jpg
    File0004.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 33
  • File0005.jpg
    File0005.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 35
hey jahgreenlabel ! much respect. this is an amazing thread. thank you for all the amazing information. I managed to get a pack of jamaican spirit from magic herbs off of seed heaven dot com.

the current description is Jamaican Blue Mountain x Jamaican Lambsbread F2.

the original included 1960 Jamaican Lambsbread. I find it weird they removed the year and Im wondering if this stock comes from you. (maybe not authorized?) I can't grow plants that have theft involved in them so I'm just curious if you or anyone else has any ideas about the origin about them. thanks ! <3

3rd-3yed

Veteran
hey jahgreenlabel ! much respect. this is an amazing thread. thank you for all the amazing information. I managed to get a pack of jamaican spirit from magic herbs off of seed heaven dot com.

the current description is Jamaican Blue Mountain x Jamaican Lambsbread F2.

the original included 1960 Jamaican Lambsbread. I find it weird they removed the year and Im wondering if this stock comes from you. (maybe not authorized?) I can't grow plants that have theft involved in them so I'm just curious if you or anyone else has any ideas about the origin about them. thanks ! <3

I'm sure they're selling F2's of USC Double Jam.

Like most seed companys nowaday probably without even asking JGL how he feel about it...