What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Lambs Bread

A

Alone

Breeder - Hemcy Seed Co.
Flowering time - 8-10 weeks
Yield - Big
Taste - like a fine sativa
Smell - Earthy/Mild fruity
70/30 - 60/40 sativa/indica mix.
This strain is otherwise known as Blue Mountain Jamaican.

Although its not the "Pure" sativa landrace genetics like the legendary JLB,
this strain was a delight to grow. It reminds me of Super Skunk without the "Skunk".
Top cola dominant, these buds are covered in a velvety coating of soft trichomes that shimmer in the light.
After 2 hits you are hit with the beggining of a saoring high that will make your forehead sweat, then will eventually settle into a nice... half couch-lock, half still wanting to do something stone.
Its good for any occasion. From grillin' on the BBQ on a holiday weekend with the family or for just watching t.v.

I truly enjoy this strain. A quick flowering sativa dominant hybrid strain that yields big, hard buds of golden goodness.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
This is not really Lambsbread bro'
More from a Jamaican cross with SK#1 or something, looks indica!!! ;)

Here is pure Lambsbread sativa +/-20 weeks, green or purple ones :ying:
picture.php

Peace

A

Alone

This isnt a pure sativa landrace JLB. Your right. The info is on there site. Talk to Hemcy Seed Co about there strain if you think its misrepresenting the strain.
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to grow out a 20 week landrace sativa JLB. I dont care how long it takes to flower. The first time I smoked it, it was the pure landrace sativa JLB and after 4 hits and NO CIELING I lost all bodily functions and started puking and the magnet was sucking my head down and everything. What a powerfull smoke.

This isnt as powerfull obviously but it still is JLB. Just not the Landrace genetics. This was bred to bring you the same flavor and strain from the Blue Mountains in Jamaica even smoked alot by Bob Marley himself with a much shorter flowering time. Its not gonna be as strong as a pure sativa but its definetly a commercialized JLB being mixed with other Indica dominant JLB strains. We all know when you grow over acres of sunny hillsides in Jamaica over years and years, you end up with a mix of phenotypes all stabalized as hybrids from years and years of inbreeding.

If I ever got the chance to flower out a 20 week JLB you bet your bottom dollar Ide be there to get the cutting or beans. Ide travel to Jamaica itself if I was promised a cutting or seeds right off the plant itself so I could make sure its from the pure sativa.
Roms, was that a pic off the internet or did you have the patience to wait 20 weeks?

A

Alone

Nice link Roms. I would travel anywhere in the world to get some pure sative landrace JLB genetics. I was truly hoping this was the stuff of legends. Instead I got a indica/sativa mix LambsBread. Too bad too.

I smoked the pure when I was in highschool. I thought, after 25 years of wanting this strain, that I finally had it. Guess not. Its still a great plant anyhoo. I really liked it. Although there is def a cieling on this plant. I was hoping to have my friends trippin off this strain like I did 25 years ago. Guess not.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what my face looks like right now.....

picture.php

amazing..in 1976 I smoked my one and only "jay" of JLB and I can still remember that ONE joint!

A

Alone

I have 6 Pure Sativa JLB F4's germing in Paper Towels right now and I couldnt be anymore excited and semi-scared at the same time. After 20 weeks of flowering, Im sure the high with no cieling is gonna send all my boys to the hospital. LOL

Everyone thinks their professional pot smokers and can handle any strength ganja until they smoke a pure sativa. LOL. Ill keep updates going throughout the grow. When they sprout - When their ready to flower - Week 6 flower - Week 12 flower - and harvest shots by X-Mas.

A

Alone

Also.....

Also.....

I'll have plenty of seed to find the best female and best male to make more seed of this. It has to be done! No questions asked!
This strain will never be lost in time due to the longest flowering period in the history of cannabis genetics if I can help it.

I waited 25 years to finally be able to grow it. Im gonna make as much seed as I can and spread them throughout the U.S. for free so that these genetics will be sure to survive prohibition and time.

Nice!....Do it!!!

Would love to help in the selection process based on personal experience with some of the finest herb ever grown and smoked on God's green earth....but I'll be just as happy to grow some out! when you have a grip of beans I can ponder.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Sweet, I've got a ecsd x jlb and that plants had me curious about the mama jlb. The ecsd x jlb is epic smoke, 11 weeks to some of the best herb I've ever grown

A

Alone

I dont know why it wont let me edit and insert this pic in the above posts? Whatever. Here are the seeds. 30 total. I have plenty to work with.
I have 5 seeds germing in a wet p/t in a zip-lock right now. Its been 24 hours and no taps yet.

Thank You L-U-L-T. Any suggestions on a good pheno hunting always helps.

Sounds great SneakySneaky. There are different hybrids of the JLB. I'm growing some now thats from Hemcy Seed Co and is a ind/sat hybrid of JLB with a 9 - 10 week flowering time.
This perticular bag of 30 beans is the Pure Sativa JLB. The stuff of legends. 20 weeks flowering time. This stuff puts veteran smokers into the hospital when they smoke to much. No cieling. I cant wait. Its gonna be a fantastic sativa X-Mas for me and my associates.

You bet that I'll be crossing it with a SSSDH and a Diesel.