What's new

Jamaica Senate changes Ganja laws

Jhhnn

Veteran
Pretty remarkable how anti ganja forces everywhere resort to the same circular logic-

"It is difficult to amend the Dangerous Drugs Act to allow for a dangerous drug to be used for sacrament. Something is not right. If the drug that you are causing to be used for sacrament is dangerous, then something is wrong," he said.

In his presentation, Leader of Government Business AJ Nicholson said while it is said that the 'herb is for the healing of the nation', many Jamaicans have suffered as a result of the misuse of ganja.

Assumption & assertion of "harm" doesn't mean there is any. All too many people have been willing to make the leap of Faith to believe that there is.

mack 10

Veteran
Bald heads should def be allowed to grow and sell to the rasta's. :mad:)
Everyone should be able to grow. Rasta,christian,muslim..whatever.

Great news, the foot is well and truely in the door.
Can you say Legalize! Big ups Jamrock.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Any word on when it will go into effect?

Going to Mo'Bay in May...woohoo.

minds_I

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I think from what Ihave read that it still has to pass the upper house still...from what I have read and understand.

Going in May so it would be nice to have the specter of a being busted gone...not too worried about it. I have been there before and as long as you use your head...don't stand on the street corner hoping up and down with a spliff in your hand...but then again, maybe everyone else will light up and we all stand on the corner jumping up and down.

minds_I

ps...Soooo looking forward to having a real sativa...been token indica hybrids for so long its not true.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It passed the final votes tuesday night, last night. It was the lower house. it passed the upper house a few weeks ago.
The world is changing, soon come legal recreational everywhere....
Can't wait for my next visit, in a month or two....
I live in Amsterdam and the government here is insane, they are making anyone that helps a Cannabis grower with seeds, soil, lights, all illegal, growshops will be closed, and the coffee shops can't sell Cannabis products over 15% THC, insane, as hashish that is only 15% THC is mostly leaf, dirt, henna or other adulterants. Not really safer to smoke by consumers. Pure dry sift or water hash resin is safest, pure, clean and no rope or adulterants...
-SamS

Hello all,

I think from what Ihave read that it still has to pass the upper house still...from what I have read and understand.

Going in May so it would be nice to have the specter of a being busted gone...not too worried about it. I have been there before and as long as you use your head...don't stand on the street corner hoping up and down with a spliff in your hand...but then again, maybe everyone else will light up and we all stand on the corner jumping up and down.

minds_I

ps...Soooo looking forward to having a real sativa...been token indica hybrids for so long its not true.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Knight also took issue with Clause 7 in the bill, which allows the minister to authorise any person who is an adherent to the Rastafarian faith to grow marijuana on lands designated by the minister to grow ganja. "Why is the cultivation of ganja limited to someone of the Rastafarian faith?" he questioned. "There is no good reason," Knight submitted. "Why can't a 'bald head', who sees it as a business opportunity, sell it to the Rastafarian faith to be used as a sacrament?" he further queried.

follow the money as always and you'll find the truth.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You can get a ticket but no criminal record for less then 57 grams, and each household can have 5 plants being grown. I know I can get a few kilos per plant pretty easy.
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts