What's new

Jamaica Outdoors...One Love

jamaican

KindHypnos: I cant wait to see how big they get and how much they yeild from that extra veg time.The size they are now is about how big they get when ready to harvest if not smaller.

boredaslemonade: This time of year our temps are steady at about 85 degrees in the day and around 75 degrees at night.

osecretgardeno: Jamaica has its ups and downs,I can only stay here for a year tops before I gotta get out and get to the states,it can get very boring.More so when you live in a small town,can only go to the beach so meny times.
Besides my grow I love to go fishing,the good thing about the rain is it washes down the rivers and all the big fish go to the river mouths to feed.Due to all the rain today it was prime time fishing.
I target snook 99% of the time,today I got 5 strikes but only landed one of them.I also went up the river a little and landed a very nice perch.
Sorry for the off topic but its my thread so fuck it !

Irie_Lion: These were caught on the Rio Grande,if you come down bring your line and I'll take you fishing.

Small 5LB Snook

6LB Perch

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Greets again jamaican, Yea i try to make it down at least once or 2 twice a year if things are goin good :) I usually stay in st catherine cuz thats where my wifes family is at but travel all around during my trips. Only been to the portland area once and thought it was really nice and laid back. Nice fish by the way never had snook how is it? I will def link u next time i plan on visiting and mayb get some of those local strains for a nice cross!! likkle more

Guidance & Protection

jamaican

Well I thought it was time for a little update so you can see where things are at.The rain wasnt that bad more then it washing out some of my raised beds a little but the sun is shining and all is good.
I hope everyone is enjoying there Easter weekend,I know we are here as we are booked out for the weekend and the weather is good.

Irie_Lion:Snook is one of the best fish I've had and trust me I've had alot,like I said I target them 99% of the time.There very elusive to catch so the hunt is always fun.As far as the fight there right up there,even that 5 pounder was takin line and wouldnt give up without a fight.Keep in touch and we can link up when you get back to the island and I'll show you around this side.

Here we are at day 9 of flowering,there getting there strech on and starting to fill in.

jamaican

D0MiN0: Thanks,hope you come back and check in from time to time.

I do have a few questions as Im not to familiar with fertilizing and feeding.
Problem is I live in a small town and theres not much of a selection,even when I went to Kingston it was about the same at the garden shops I went to,I cant believe I miss Walmart !
All I could get my hands on was some Shultz Bloom Plus plant food 10-54-10.
I havent given them any yet as they were transplanted 9 days ago and no need to feed yet,another week I figure.I know to give them 1/2 of the recommended dose,should I give them at every other watering?
I water them every day due to it being so hot and now getting dry again.
Also I have alot of bat guano that a guy brings me from the caves,how often should I give them as well along with the Bloom Plus?
I dont wanna over due it and give them nute burn but Im having problems coming up with a feeding schedule and what to give.Forgot to mention I have a buckets full of chicken manure as well.
I just need some opinions on how I could utilize all that I have and when and how much to use to fatten these girls up through flower.
I dont have a PH tester so I dont know where the soil is at now.I got one at the store but it doesnt work and I cant find any in the town.
Thanks for the help guys....

Bless up

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
nice grow jamaican! looking real nice. as for the ferts??? If you are unable to test your soil begin with diluted levels and work up. have you thought of making your own compost? may be the best thing. great work man.

jamaican

dubwise:
I do have a compost going,I was just wondering how I can use all this other good stuff I have.

NickMode:
I dont have much local senery pictures on my laptop.Heres a few to get by and next time Im out and about I'll snap a few for ya.

I love this spot,you should see the house behind me..no pic of it though

I fucking wish,one of the nicer ones to roll through.Michael Lee Chin's comes from time to time with the helicopter on top or the US DEA with 2 helicopters and 2 speed boats on side is pimp to.

Downtown Port Antonio,the police station is on the left.If you've seen the movie The Mighty Quinn thats the spot.

Headin out of town

The castle

Expiry

Hi man,that's relly looks like heaven :jump:....
I don't recomanded chicken manure,because stuff from these plants will taste like chicken sh*t.It can be use on start of flowering,but it need longer flushing and taste isn't so good...I don't know Bloom plus,but I think it's like other bloom fertilizers-use it once per week,you can slow boost dosing,but you must be carefull.I hope it help you...

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
omfg ...i'm moving over there!!.......damn this wishfull thinking !!

jamaican

So this is just a small update cause I've been really busy but I wanted to show a few pics.In a few days I'll do a nice update so you can see what I been up to and what I worked out for the feeding.

I also picked up some decent local stuff for a run in the bubblebags,at US$15 I couldnt pass it up.

Heres just a few shots at day 14 of flower

$15 bucks...

jamaican

We are at day 16 of flower and I took a bunch of pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Enjoy !

Heres a big bucket of bat guamo a friend dropped off for me,black gold !

WW

NL/H

MIS

JoJoBean

well yea man jamaican tings lookin real decent.....i real feelin d snook vibz too, we def have two things in common (fishing..esp snook and herbs), any advice on when u find they bite the most would be appreciated cuz i sure u know them fukers real tricky and sometimish lol
anyway give thanks meh bredren nice thread...from trinii

rastafari

happy 4/20 and groundation day! beautiful herbs mon!

still having problems with finding nutes?
you might try this mix from Dr. Bud:
3 or 4 Droppers Full of Shultz 10-15-10
and 1 Tbsp. of Fish Emulsion per Gallon
if you cant find Shultz or Fish Emulsion on the island,
I an I can help find a compost tea mix that should work...

:joint: JAH RASTAFARI!

jamaican

Give thanks and praises to the big man up above for another glorious day of life and living.Im in a good mood today so I thought it was time to update my little grow with a bunch of pictures so you can see how things are going.
I did get the feeding down now I just need to figure out a schedule,I did a brew of tea and feed them today so I'll see how they react and tweek it.All I used was bat guano and molasses and brewed it with a fish pump for 24 hours.
I used 1 tsp of guano and molasses per gallon,I think this is a light mix but I didnt want to over due it,if you have any opinion on this I would love to hear it.I can only work with what I have,I cant get just about everything I read on here unless it comes natural due to my location.
Bat and chicken guano,sea weed,molasses I have a compst pile but its not ready yet,thats all I have to work with until I can track some other stuff down.But what I have should be more then good enough imo,just have to use it the most efective way.Like I said all opinions about this are welcomed.

I am also in a great mood because I have been blessed to get my hands on some really good beans that I cant wait to pop in about a month from now.
Chemdog D x Sour Diesel , AK 47 x Master Kush , Apollo 11 and some good local Orange hill ,Thank you friend !
I also have Serious Bubblegum and D.P Blueberry on the way,thanks mom !

Off topic,
JoJoBean:Snook are some slippery fish as you know,its all about the timing for us down here.
The only time I go for them is when it rains a lot up in the mountains and the river gets really muddy,it pushes all the bait fish and cray fish to the river mouth where all the big fish come to feed.In the winter time they dont feed that much as the water is colder and live off there fat from all there feeding in the summer,but you can still get them dont get me wrong but there vary lazy.Sunrise and sunset,more sunset for us is the idea time when the tide is changing and when there is a full moon trigger more bites but for a small window of time in the summer.But when they feed its a few hours of madness.I use all white or ghost color lures.Rapala x rap in ghost is my go to most time.Yo zuri minnow,zoom super fluke oh and pulse raisors from p line are very good as well.Hope this helps and sorry fo the off topic everyone.
Now on to the pictures,

All shot t day 24 of flower,enjoy !