What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jact55 Landrace Thread

OnceUpon

malawi's might never get much more smell.
nice to hear lemon, thats surely from the panama side

i agree with a thorough spray down

thejact55

for Himalayan charas cultivars, which are some of the milder landraces, I would expect low to high single digit THC to be pretty typical. Though I have seen cannabinoid lab results of low teens THC for the Nanda Devi, found by a grower in Spain who grew only a handful of plants, so more potent specimens are there

The same applies for the Lebanese, and I would guess the Chitrali - I have one report from Spain of a stronger low teen THC Lebanese

I suspect the Mazar-i-Sharif is typically at the more potent end of the charas cultivar spectrum, so relatively easier to find low teen THC plants

Similarly, the Sinai, which seems to have a history of being grown for bud, tends to be more potent - lab results in Holland showed 16% THC and 1.5% CBD in a specimen found from a grow of just a few plants

And in the case of tropical ganja cultivars I would guess that +15% THC is typical of a good plant - the Kerala has several reports of that, and in the case of the Manipuri I think that most plants will be in the high teens THC

I can agree with this in my limited experiences. If i was to rate least potent to most potent from what ive grown and smoked over the past few years it would be:
Malana
Chitrali
Lebanese
Sinai

To include what i have grown for seeds but not smoke, i would guess, key word guess
Malana
Nanda devi
Chitrali
Ukhrel (my lone manipuri didnt flower well so cant say)
Lebanese
Sinai
Mazar that im currently growing. Its seems like ot would be more potent.

Honestly i was suprised by the mellow high of the chitrali. I expected a more "kush" type plant by modern terms, but it wasnt that really at all. I found a plant i liked alot but the whole strain went against what i assumed it would be. Not saying this as a bad thing.

thejact55

malawi's might never get much more smell.
nice to hear lemon, thats surely from the panama side

i agree with a thorough spray down

I was thinking that earlier. Watering these super frosty malawi plants and almost no smell. A few have a mild smell, but not much at all. At this point not thinking itll form to much more.
I tossed the super mutant tonight. Was not flowering much, just too deformed. The other gal is going good though. Panama smell, blueberry structure. Plenty frosty too.

thejact55

So with all three strains a few weeks from dropping mature seeds, and done growing up/outwards, i have crammed them all into one tent under my 1000 watt hps. Crammed fit, with 16 one gallon pots in a 3x3, but it worked. This allows me to get an earlier start on my late winter seed runs.
I got 10/10 of my dj short blueberry seeds to sprout and are healthy.
I just put 11 (woop, got an extra one) of the french touch K1 zamal into papertowels tonight. Hoping for a good germ rate.
Once the packed tent is done, i will start the guatemala seeds. Hoping maybe i can cram in an extra strain or two in late winter, early spring at this rate. kerala, and a durban.

OnceUpon

hope you get some healthy strong ones in the DJ stuff. toooo many mutants in that pan x bb..... always love seeing theupdates.... kerela?? somethings got me curious about that one... maybe from reading about the jamaica/india herb relation

thejact55

Kerala was on my firm list to run this winter, but then i randomly sprung for another blueberry attempt. Ya i think itll be a cool plant. Tropical drug cultivar with a deep history. More interested in kerala than gautemala, but seed age are vastly different between the two.
So far, and they are still super tiny, i think at least 2 blueberry will be mutant, other 8 look perfectly normal. But that can change.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for Himalayan charas cultivars, which are some of the milder landraces, I would expect low to high single digit THC to be pretty typical. Though I have seen cannabinoid lab results of low teens THC for the Nanda Devi, found by a grower in Spain who grew only a handful of plants, so more potent specimens are there

The same applies for the Lebanese, and I would guess the Chitrali - I have one report from Spain of a stronger low teen THC Lebanese

I suspect the Mazar-i-Sharif is typically at the more potent end of the charas cultivar spectrum, so relatively easier to find low teen THC plants

Similarly, the Sinai, which seems to have a history of being grown for bud, tends to be more potent - lab results in Holland showed 16% THC and 1.5% CBD in a specimen found from a grow of just a few plants

And in the case of tropical ganja cultivars I would guess that +15% THC is typical of a good plant - the Kerala has several reports of that, and in the case of the Manipuri I think that most plants will be in the high teens THC

Very helpful post. We can generalize as to potency with these numbers, keeping in mind the other chemicals in pot affect the high too.

I am guessing if you ran say 50 different females you might get one with 20% thc if the average was 15% or maybe even less?

48N

Looking forward to the k1
Been eyeing it for a while
I wish you some nice zamalish expressions
I like all the strains you grow, thanks for posting

thejact55

Very helpful post. We can generalize as to potency with these numbers, keeping in mind the other chemicals in pot affect the high too.

I am guessing if you ran say 50 different females you might get one with 20% thc if the average was 15% or maybe even less?

I obviously dont have an answer on this, but personally have a hard time thinking that there would be extreme upper reaches on the average of landrace potency. Lets say you have a lebanese at 15 percent average. I would think that most would fall at the 14-17 range, and with some being less. To me a 25% above average rise above average in landraces would be too much? Could be totally wrong. Thoughts, Am i wrong? Maybe in like a kerala a larger swing is possible, but not so much in say a nepal?

@48- thank you for the compiments. I look forward to the K1 very much so also. The seeds have been whispering to me everynight for like 8 months to plant them lol. Im sure they will be a challenge. So far after 24 hrs, only one seed has a slightly cracked shell. Fingers still crossed.

OnceUpon

guatamala should be nice!.. fruity and super friendly (if its anything like the tikal guatamala pheno's).. might be one you end up liking.. . could be nice match for a cross with your senegal.

thejact55

Ya the guatemala looks like a good one. Not alot of information about the plant online though.

So a little heartbroken, 5 days in, only 1 K1 seed has sprouted. It is above soil and healthy. Some of the other seeds a fairly dark blackish, not healthy looking. Others look normal. Im gonna try to sandpaper them and soak em in vitamin B1 or 12 or whatever its called. Anyone had any issues with K1? Ill probably get more down the road, definetely one i want in my collection. I have double zamal, but not as hyped about that. I may pop some and cross with the lone K1 if no more pop.
The smells have developed more with the older malawi plants and others. A hashy "muffin" smell in malawi, like a baked sweet bread, its odd but good. Still on the lighter smell side.. Citrus for ethiopian and a berry musky resin smell in the mazar seem to be the most common. Seeds are getting closer. The lone mini bb x panama is oozing resin with a deep citrus and a touch of fruitiness coming on now.

herbgreen

Veteran
K1 seem like real true NLD to the extreme very interesting to see...

If you havent checked this one its amazing results cracking seeds with fresh worm castings and other technics

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334985

Some seeds like being planted dirt more than other methods you could speak with TSC or frenchtouch see what they have to say and the spanish forum cannabisonline has a good forum on zamal

https://www.cannabisonline.es/foro/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=588

^If you just delete the 's' on https once you get there this link will work^

thejact55

Wow herbgreen, that second link is a gold mine for zamal plants. If anyone is curious, i strongly suggest giving that a read. Im only 9 pages in, but amazing specimens shown there.
I used a heating mat for thr last couple days, no luck. Im not going to give up yet by any means, but i tried to order direct from french touch last night, get some reinforcements of K1 and mangucarot. It seems like they ship to the USA. Wouldnt process my card though. Any US citizens have experience with ordering from french touch website?

djimb

Veteran
I ordered K1 direct from French Touch about a year ago. They took my card payment through a third party Spanish company that seemed like a European paypal. I had no problems at all, but the customer service left a little to be desired. Didn't get a tracking number until they'd already arrived. Did you get your seeds from a distributor?

thejact55

I got them from seedsman, but they dont take visa now. I dont care to open a mastercard or do any other form of payment. I was ordering from my phone, i might try using my computer and see if it works better...maybe
Hmm, i have tropical double zamal, so all is not lost. I really enjoyed tropical senegal, and have a few others, but something about the french touch ones call to me. Will look at tropicals other offerings on zamal strains, ill take those too lol.

Truhan

Si buscas zamal, te recomiendo las kalites de French Touch Seeds.

Son los distribuidores oficiales del colectivo Bourbon de la isla reunión. Es su fuente principal.

Saludos

Latest posts

Latest posts