What's new

Jack's + CalNit in Coco Problems - Help!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Thanks for all of the replies. I haven't got much time right now, but here are some pictures.

The sealed tree room continued to progress through flower, and while the leaves always looked a little janky, they ended up looking pretty good bud wise. Unfortunately I made a near fatal mistake one night. The shelf that my upper reservoir was sitting on was starting to sag quite bit so I wanted to flip the board around. I turned the valve completely off that fed the upper res so that it's water level would drop enough for me to lift it up. I then forgot about it and went about my night. This was on a Monday.

Because everything was on blumats I didnt even so much as peak into the room until Friday... everything was limp and dead, or so I thought. I mean.. they hadn't had any water for 4-5 days. Frustrated as hell I turned off the lights (except for a fluoro) and drenched them all by hand.

When I returned to the room the next morning, surprisingly they had perked back up. I've been picking tons of dead leaves out of them ever since, but they're going to make it!! I'm sure yield will be down quite a bit, but they actually recovered pretty good. I've been hand-watering them since... trying to pick and thin them a little each time I'm in there.

Lesson learned (and almost a very expensive one).. despite automation.. Go into the room every day!

EDIT, not having any luck uploading images today from my shitty hotspot wifi. I managed to get 2 uploaded.. I'll have to try the others later.
Few more weeks on these. Flipped on the 1st of Nov so they'll likely be coming down shortly after the New Year along with the other 4k horizontal room. I'll try to show some shots of that room later on.

View Image

View Image

JEEZUS. Are those in ppks or is that coco?

Monstarrrr

Devoted1

Hey FF, whenever you have the time can you tell me if you left your bulbs the way it is in the pictures of the first post? How is your bulb positioned in the picture? In some of the pics I can see that the bulb isn't at the top of the plants. Do you see better results positioning the bulb that way during veg AND stretch? Thanks in advance

MrAwder

Lesson learned (and almost a very expensive one).. despite automation.. Go into the room every day!

No doubt. I often close valves to work on things or mix nutes. Woke up in a panic many a mornings wondering if I remembered to re-open that valve :smoky: