What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackass destroyer SCROG 600W COB

unnamedmike

day 25 part 2/2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Lovely looking ladies!
hi koko, thanks for stopping by :tiphat:

Last night evaporate ethanol from my first alcohol extraction and I could smoke a little oil, the effect is brutal, really a concentrate, but I see it with much less terpene than the BHO I have ever done,ethanol problem im thinking. Im modifying an electric pan to be a magnetic stirrer with a hot bed to optimize the evaporation of ethanol, the next step will be to recover the ethanol, besides expensive is very regulated in my adoptive country. I got confused in the size of the flask and I diluted the extract in a little ethanol for the second time, to change it to a smaller flask.

picture.php

unnamedmike

day 30

It's summer in the Caribbean and here we are between 30 and 40ºC. The ideal would be an air conditioner ... but it will not be able to at least until the next harvest.
Girls are drinking a lot because heat, they perspire more when the humidity rises and when the ventilation goes up to lower the humidity, they drink more. Because of this I am having some problem not over feed them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next crop is rooting slowly in my "high tech grow room" xD 3 northern light, 4 spacemonkey#10 & 4 Jackass

picture.php

unnamedmike

On my first try I got a pretty clear QWET, but the flask I use was big, I added alcohol and I switch it to a smaller flask, where the alcohol took much longer to evaporate and finally it got this color ... if anyone knows why, please im be happy to know
picture.php

To avoid this kind of improvisations I am modifying an electric pan to be a magnetic hot stirrer.

It remains for me to connect the SSR and wire the two thermocouples.
I'm particularly happy with the stirrer part, less than half the power you empty out a glass of water in seconds. And without problems it start to turn, the stirrer bar sticks strong to the magnets. Tomorrow Monday, now Im out of shrink tube, i will continue, today only bars and churches are opened here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Day 32.
They have almost finished stretching and begin to fill with flowers. I had hoped that this cross would not last more than 80 days, but at least 8 more weeks were left.
Here is hot summer, not rained for weeks, and I finished the stored water. I also have to change the membrane to the osmosis filter. Because of all this I have been using bottled water these days. really miss cultivate in proper conditions.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

The hot bed magnetic stirrer is already working. It remains to make an adequate box and several aesthetic details, in addition to fine-tuning the code of the heat curve.

When finished I will upload the project, its basic level for those who do not scare the cables, bought these machines are not cheap.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Nice clean cob set up gonna move over to LEDs myself

thanks 7starfarms, im happy with my cob setup, far better than hps. hope i can finish the room soon, the current setup was temporary in theory and has been working for a couple of years now.

6 weeks
Not too bad to be growing at 29 / 36ºC and not enough water (today finally buy another RO membrane) They start to have a delicious terp profile of strawberry gum / blueberries, sweet liver, spicy. It seems that none of the 21 will be mature in less than 12/14 weeks and it seems that 50% will need some more weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

unnamedmike

In 24 hours they have germinated 3/3 bruce banger and 3/3 jack herrer from seedsman and 0 of the 12 Upstream original delicatessen.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

thanks 7starfarms, im happy with my cob setup, far better than hps. hope i can finish the room soon, the current setup was temporary in theory and has been working for a couple of years now.

6 weeks
Not too bad to be growing at 29 / 36ºC and not enough water (today finally buy another RO membrane) They start to have a delicious terp profile of strawberry gum / blueberries, sweet liver, spicy. It seems that none of the 21 will be mature in less than 12/14 weeks and it seems that 50% will need some more weeks.
Pretty damn good man, working it through those temps. Terps sound lovely.
The Destroyer sure has the wild in her even in f1 crossing.
Nice score on the new strains.

When i crossed sour bubble with haze it really wasn't an improvement on either strain. The terps are delicious and the buds are a novelty and the potency is no joke. But other than that the strains were just as enjoyable on their own. They are not as grower friendly now. Less predictable.

unnamedmike

Pretty damn good man, working it through those temps. Terps sound lovely.
The Destroyer sure has the wild in her even in f1 crossing.
Nice score on the new strains.

When i crossed sour bubble with haze it really wasn't an improvement on either strain. The terps are delicious and the buds are a novelty and the potency is no joke. But other than that the strains were just as enjoyable on their own. They are not as grower friendly now. Less predictable.

Hello Dots :tiphat: I would liked to have air conditioning already, but ... I can not install it until they finish. In the hottest hours there is a lot of smell, I would prefer that these terpenes stay in the flowers for better use :cry:

I'm seeing in my cross what you talk about your sour bubble haze. Nothing new or very different from the parents.
Its early to judge, but I see improvement in aroma (destroyer does not smell almost in flowering) and in quantity of resin (trichomes in destroyer are very small)

unnamedmike

None of the 12 Upstream delicatessen has germinated ... the 3 banger and 3 herrer are growing well, but they are 6 and I like to put more plants under the leds. I cant buy seeds without waiting months and my mother plants are not healthy to give me clones. The only seeds I have are my cross space monkey*jackass, so i have germinating 12 sm#3*jack and 12 sm#9*jack.

If tonight I do not see improvements in the upstream, I will try to remove the shell and germinate them in petri dish

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Day 44

They start to stink more day to day (literally) and some phenos get resin on top of the resin (yeeeaaaW) I was worried about the lack of development to have almost 7 weeks blooming.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Rare and special resin, my favourite type.
Well worth the wait and looking great

unnamedmike

Day 47
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

23 of the 24 spacemonkey*jackass (aka 13 monkeys since today) have germinated in 48 hours. I would have preferred another genetic this time just to try different things, but seeing how monsterization develops, I'm very curious to see what they can do.

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts