What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack the ripper

PDX Dopesmoker

JtR started the THCV craze about 10 years or so ago when Subcool was showing off a lab report with over 5% THCV on the bud from one of his JtR seeds. Maybe about episode 150 or so of The Weed Nerd. That was a great TV show he put out, entertaining and informative.

The biggest JTR from the beginning is a male...logical! And the only one that showed female preflowers is an GG#4 hybrid i put to fill the space. I had a male GG#4 hybrid also. Those 2 are sexed.
No JTR female declared yet...What a boring grow so far, it's very slow...
And my vision is so bad, i have to use a magnifying glass.
I did not trash the JTR male because maybe it can be usefull, but i pray :biglaugh:

stashpot

The biggest JTR from the beginning is a male...logical! And the only one that showed female preflowers is an GG#4 hybrid i put to fill the space. I had a male GG#4 hybrid also. Those 2 are sexed.
No JTR female declared yet...What a boring grow so far, it's very slow...
And my vision is so bad, i have to use a magnifying glass.
I did not trash the JTR male because maybe it can be usefull, but i pray :biglaugh:
hey i would use that male... i have real clone gg4 x JTR male.. it was made by subscool friend and breeder joel from norstar genetics... its solid strain and phenos mostly lean on the JTR side hit me up if you want some.

I must be a bad soil grower, because i have at least 3 JTR males. The last JTR plant must be a female though it has not showed the 2 hairs, but no ball either. I'm still praying...

picture.php

The JTR male

picture.php

The JTR female (i hope)

picture.php

So i won't make feminized seeds this run because if i have only 1 female, started badly, i prefer making reg seeds and next time i grow hydro and i reverse my females, if i have more than one...

So it's first day of 12/12

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Really hope you get a good one.
Poles echo my thoughts that it was the strongest thing I ever smoked. Not by a little bit either. Like it was some mutant weed. Ours was short and fast, very dark coloured buds and yield was mediocre. It had people pulling the car over on major roads because they couldn't go on. Not a person. People. Stranded at the side of the road, in view of legitimate parking they just couldn't reach. Only acid does that... and JTR

I would love to get it back, but ours was a real freak.

1 week of 12/12 :

One JTR female declared. In the big pot. She's well. The JTR male is early flowering, but he's got a strange color, like a Ca def or Zn def, though the nutes are complete. Maybe a pH problem as i don't know soil.
The GG#4 hybrid female is sick also, same problem. I flushed them yesterday...
On the left, 2 JTR plants, should me male also, but not really declared.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And i started Jack Skellington seeds in hydro this time. They seem to be low vigor like the JTR seeds. One week of 18/6.

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Girl looks good. Will you be axing the boys and keeping the girl going via cuttings? It would be a shame to just flower it off, knowing that was the end of the line for it

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only had one jack the ripper female back in day. She was given to my by a friend. Not my strongest grower or my heaviest yielder however I think she was the most lemon strain I've ever tried. Just straight lemons. Like lemons squared. Worth growing in my opinion.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
I still have a keeper JTR and it's been a top 3 or 4 seller for a while, hope you get a great one.

I hit all kinds of things with a male about 7 years go and have DJ Blueberry, GG4, Chem D, Purple Urkle, and C99 seeds from it. Not a ton, but a bud or two on each plant. The only one I've seen grown out was the JTR x BB and it was top shelf. JTR is a classic and worth making a few seeds with if you can.

The male is stretching alone, has a Zn def i try to solve, the JTR female is quite slow but bushy and healthy, the GG hybrid has also a Zn def. Tap water has too high pH (8), i did not figure it out actually.

picture.php

picture.php

2 weeks of 12/12 : The JTR male is making pollen sacs, when is the drop?
The growth is slow for the others. The Zn def is going to be fixed.

picture.php

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
2 weeks of 12/12 : The JTR male is making pollen sacs, when is the drop?
The growth is slow for the others. The Zn def is going to be fixed.

View Image

View Image
I already see an open male flower on your JTR (bottom right corner on the second photo), so pollen will start dropping any day now.
Usually for strains that bloom around 11-12 weeks pollen will start dropping after about 2 ½ weeks of 12/12.

I already see an open male flower on your JTR (bottom right corner on the second photo), so pollen will start dropping any day now.
Usually for strains that bloom around 11-12 weeks pollen will start dropping after about 2 ½ weeks of 12/12.

The females have just started flowering now, no real buds, so it's time to cut male flowers and make them dry alone?
This male is really fast!!!

GoatCheese

Veteran
The females have just started flowering now, no real buds, so it's time to cut male flowers and make them dry alone?
This male is really fast!!!
I have never cut off branches from flowering males thou I know some people use this method; cut off branches and put them in a glass of water till they start dropping the pollen.
..so maybe someone else could help you with that.
Anyways, that JTR male will be dropping pollen for weeks while growing new pollen sacks if you’d just leave it in the tent for longer.

I have never cut off branches from flowering males thou I know some people use this method; cut off branches and put them in a glass of water till they start dropping the pollen.
..so maybe someone else could help you with that.
Anyways, that JTR male will be dropping pollen for weeks while growing new pollen sacks if you’d just leave it in the tent for longer.

ok but will the females keep on growing once they have a few pistils pollenized?

GoatCheese

Veteran
The females won’t develop that much more flowers if they’ll get fully pollinated very early on, so if you want larger buds on the females, it’s better to pollinate them abit later when they have some buds developing.

I flower my males separately in a small cab and then pollinate the females after around 3½-4 weeks of bloom, normal indoor hybrids, that is.

Latest posts

Latest posts