What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer?

yeah, i returned from hell with only a mediocre plant to show for it from two packs.

what do you guys think about SSH?

same thing, not the same thing?

i finally have a pack and ill see for myself soon enough.

arhen

I've grown Sensis Jack Herer outdoor for years and I noticed that there has been a decrease in quality in the last years. Until 2006 or 2007 the quality and the potency were A+, it was almost too strong for people who werent used to it and very easy to grow. Its interesting to note that the JH I tried in Amsterdam in that years was complete shit compared to my own one.

The year after it seemed to be a completely different strain: unstable, more variability, longer flowering time and lower quality. Cant say it was bad, but for that price I expected to have the best money could buy. I've tried it few more times, but never got what I wanted so I decided to go for SSH. Its quite different plant, but the short flowering ones remind me a bit of JH.

I still miss that original Jack Herer flavour (cant explain it, but who tried it will remember for sure). Do you think s@nnies is a good option for my needs?

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Yup, the unmistakable taste of Jack. Have given a few lightweights the 'whities' with my Jack also! LOL!

I heard the same about the recent offering(s) from Sensi, turned me off from picking up a pack.

Don't know, but s@nnies certainly looks a lot like my 'old' Sensi mom. Thanks guys for steering me in the right direction. Here's hopin'...:)

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I've grown Sensis Jack Herer outdoor for years and I noticed that there has been a decrease in quality in the last years. Until 2006 or 2007 the quality and the potency were A+, it was almost too strong for people who werent used to it and very easy to grow. Its interesting to note that the JH I tried in Amsterdam in that years was complete shit compared to my own one.

The year after it seemed to be a completely different strain: unstable, more variability, longer flowering time and lower quality. Cant say it was bad, but for that price I expected to have the best money could buy. I've tried it few more times, but never got what I wanted so I decided to go for SSH. Its quite different plant, but the short flowering ones remind me a bit of JH.
I still miss that original Jack Herer flavour (cant explain it, but who tried it will remember for sure). Do you think s@nnies is a good option for my needs?

I have nothing to compare it too, but in my humble opinion I would say yes. If you ever read his description they selected for flavor first. I keep a pheno thats spicey hazey lemon, and i take her around 12 weeks and when shes in the air it smells like jack herer. As a matter of fact im going to smoke a early sample of some jack with all this talk.My scope is down and i cant check trichs so i gotta do it the old fashion way:woohoo:

Bud_Man10

Veteran
As a matter of fact im going to smoke a early sample of some jack with all this talk.My scope is down and i cant check trichs so i gotta do it the old fashion way:woohoo:

Was envious when I read this last night. Mine from Karma and s@nnies should show up this week. Going to do a some of each next round. Need to find me a new mom.

BM

Was envious when I read this last night. Mine from Karma and s@nnies should show up this week. Going to do a some of each next round. Need to find me a new mom.

BM

Looking forward to your grow logs - hope you decide to do a side-by-side! I'm eventually going to order either S(a)nnies Jack or their Jack Hammer (Jack Herer X Amnesia Haze). I'm waiting for them to restock Herijuana IBL before placing my order. I also have my eye on his KO Kush, and Chocolate Rain by one of the other breeders on his site.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
I 'almost' picked up a pack of KO also, but snagged the Karma's Jack instead. In hindsight, for the few extra bucks, I should have grabbed them.

BM

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Looking forward to your grow logs - hope you decide to do a side-by-side! I'm eventually going to order either S(a)nnies Jack or their Jack Hammer (Jack Herer X Amnesia Haze). I'm waiting for them to restock Herijuana IBL before placing my order. I also have my eye on his KO Kush, and Chocolate Rain by one of the other breeders on his site.

Elf
I've got a 'supposed' nice Jack Herer x Burmese cross that I've been sitting on for a while. My buddy out west who knows how much I love Jack 'dug them up' for me and assures me I'll love it. Can't see why not, Really liked the Burmese I ran a couple of years back and well Jack is Jack!!! :) I was gonna pop them but going to hold off now and run S@nnies and Karma's instead.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I have in my seed stash..an F2 of Jack Herrer...made with an original Jack clone from 1998, before Sensi lost their moms..and 3 males from their 2008 seed stock...

I wish I had the space to pop them...Jack is my all time fav smoke...and I know I would find a real "keeper" in those f2's I have

BTW these f2's were made by a mod here and an amazing skilled grower

peace
Chefboy

peace
Chefboy

Wonderon

I have in my seed stash..an F2 of Jack Herrer...made with an original Jack clone from 1998, before Sensi lost their moms..and 3 males from their 2008 seed stock...

I wish I had the space to pop them...Jack is my all time fav smoke...and I know I would find a real "keeper" in those f2's I have

peace
Chefboy

peace
Chefboy

You should f3 your f2's LOL. I had some jack herer back in 02 and it was some awesome bud. Wish I was able to get seeds or clones of it at the time.

Bud_Man10

Veteran

peace
Chefboy

peace
Chefboy

I got room!!!! LOL!
I know what it feels like to be chompin' at the bit but inhibited by space restrictions. Someday chef...:)

BM

Latest posts

Latest posts