What's new

jack herer verti 600w

whodair

Veteran
7 females from 10 pack seeds. (one male being held for questioning !!) put into flower 9/15. 3 gal bcuzz mix w added lime. botanicare pbp for soil and calmag. 600w lumatek/hortilux. 6in vortex profilter. room is 10x10 only 5'7" high...

heres day 8 flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

Puddin'tane

cool, I was wondering where this thread went! they are looking pretty good man, but are you flashing that cam in the dark?

whodair

Veteran
cool, I was wondering where this thread went! they are looking pretty good man, but are you flashing that cam in the dark?

flashin w the iphone...minutes before the 12 on cycle started...

im not too strict with peeking in the dark tho !!

P

Puddin'tane

only 3 gallons to finish huh? with jack, I woulda gone 5 gallon buckets minimum. jack can be a really good yielder, especially in larger pots. in a smaller pot, you may have to feed her more heavily and more often, thus creating more work for yourselves.
:lurk:

whodair

Veteran
only 3 gallons to finish huh? with jack, I woulda gone 5 gallon buckets minimum. jack can be a really good yielder, especially in larger pots. in a smaller pot, you may have to feed her more heavily and more often, thus creating more work for yourselves.
:lurk:

agreed !! 7 five gallons it is !! was thinkin the same thing and kno the roots are still expanding during stretch !!

D

DHF

Hey dere Whodair........You got the light down low ta try and control stretch at 8 days flower ?......

Gotta love what bare bulbs can do given the proper environment and sq ftg........

Think about closin em off next run with some type of reflective curtain with proper airflow so as ta not waste the light gettin past the plants and reflect it back into the canopy.....IOW...concentrate the lumens per sq ft for optimum plant useage and results IME......

Lotta folks runnin vertical setups clear out the backs of the plants to divert energy to the fronts where the lumens are brightest .......

Your plants are lanky with way stretched out internode length and they`re in the stretch cycle as we speak and will get taller from what it looks like.......

A single bare 600 will only cover a small amount of proper wattage per sq ft sideways with not much focused down at all , so think about doin some thinning out and pickin out which limbs you wanna save and make colas.......

Good luck and hope all goes well Bro.......DHF........

whodair

Veteran
DHF homie,

yes they are very strecthy, though ive seen worse !! and veggin under hps prolly gave some extra length as well...

when we 1st put the plants around the bulb, it was so bright you could barely enter the room...

picture.php

two weeks later and the plants were shading the room much more nicely...

picture.php

next time i snap some pics, i hope the bulb is hidden behind a wall of green !!!

T

Tarus Bulbar

Holy Shit man!! They blew up in size!!
In for a nice haul of some big colas bro
Cheers

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking damn good, what do you expect to yield?

Have you run this same type of grow before and how much did it yield?

whodair

Veteran
Holy Shit man!! They blew up in size!!
In for a nice haul of some big colas bro
Cheers

they are loving all that light...i lent the grower my 600 lumatek/hortilux new in the box...i never really used it !!

on for the ride

me and you both, enjoy !!

Looking damn good, what do you expect to yield?

Have you run this same type of grow before and how much did it yield?

good question about yield...the growers 1st real crop under hps, but shes quite a gardener and has a gentle approach to watering and feeding schedule (as opposed to an indica maniac like myself!!)

but lets say 7 females from seed, minimum of 1.5 oz per plant, 10.5-14 oz ?? can a 1st time grower hit the gram per watt ?? i will remain modest with any predictions but have faith in the bare bulb !!

whodair

Veteran
time for some training lessons !! bend over ladies !!

time for some training lessons !! bend over ladies !!

sep 27, day 12 of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

front and rear, thats all for now ...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like I'm just in time. :tiphat:

DHF gives good advice.... all great suggestions.
I'm a few days behind you on my latest run, and I'm just waiting for the perfect time to hack away at a couple hundred fan leaves and all those small limbs that will only add up to popcorn.
After every vert "bush" grow I've done, I always wish I'd have hacked more. I'm gonna be very aggressive with it this round and see how it goes.

Good Luck. Tagged.

MARLO

MARLO

250wscrogger

Prune some of those shoots on the backsides and the scraggly lower shoots... You don't want the plants to waste energy on branches that will just be popcorn, it will hurt the overall yield and quality.
I learned that the hard way lol.

whodair

Veteran
Looks like I'm just in time. :tiphat:

DHF gives good advice.... all great suggestions.
I'm a few days behind you on my latest run, and I'm just waiting for the perfect time to hack away at a couple hundred fan leaves and all those small limbs that will only add up to popcorn.
After every vert "bush" grow I've done, I always wish I'd have hacked more. I'm gonna be very aggressive with it this round and see how it goes.

Good Luck. Tagged.

MARLO

MARLO

marlo you inspired my 2 x 430w vertical, which inspired this 600 vert ... im big into pruning too !!

Prune some of those shoots on the backsides and the scraggly lower shoots... You don't want the plants to waste energy on branches that will just be popcorn, it will hurt the overall yield and quality.
I learned that the hard way lol.

i agree !! i love to shave the legs on my girls !! this grower is more inclined to let them take a natural shape on this first run from seed. but i'll take lower branches off every chance i get !!

Good luck dude i hope you yield a few p's

quality and quantity is our goal !! thank you !!

Latest posts

Latest posts