What's new

Jack herer grow thread...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
U could very gently help em by running the flat ur thumbnail down the ridge to help it??? Personally, I soak my beans 24 hours, then they go in here

The whole thing goes on top of the VCR where its slghtly warm, and the beans end up like this in 24 - 48 hours.

Be careful though, dont over wet the cloth, I tend to wet the sponge on(pink one) then wring it out, then the same with the flannel, and wring it til almost dry, then set the beans in there and close it all up, the cloth soaks up from the sponge, u get it right in the end. dont do it somewhere too hot though, I fried lots doing it on the cable TV box which was too hot! this definately does the tough ones!

Okie grown

Veteran
Somethings Wrong!!

Somethings Wrong!!

Hi Harry,I have always just use a shot glass with about a tbs or so of bottled water and has always worked great.Thats what i did with the 1st 1/2 of the pack.And ony 1 of 8 has germed .I have had the 2nd 1/2 (8) going just like you say u do.(almost).I have them between damp (not dripping wet) paper towels on a small plate with another on top.I look just now noticed about half had craked but have greyish black taps??? I took pics just to try to show what im sayin.Look close and you can see on a coulpe very well.I have never seen a tap not pure white?

Sorry ill try and take better pics.But if you look close you can see what im taklkin about.Looks like a norm. tap. but blackish.
Heres 6 reeferman new berry started the same way (soaked in glass) 1 day later than these jack h.

Heres the plate sandwitch.I put it on my dsl modem .Its warm but not hot atall.

Okie grown

Veteran
Well those pics suck..Ill try to show these black tap roots better with another pic or 2.Has anyone ever had seeds put out black taps and stop there.IM BUMMED!!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
sorry to hear that okie...i recall several threads (awhile back) that were complaining about sensi's germ rates...:huh:

Okie grown

Veteran
Not sure

Not sure

I just know looks like just one outta 16 was viable.I was thinkin it may have just set to long in sd refridg. Being a more high $ strain i figure thay dont sell as good (but what do i know) but then a read some where dg said thay rotate there stock.So it has to be bum seeds from the get go (sensi) or something happend on there trip across the pond.(who knows).I think Gypsy can get me a fresh pach from Ben Dronkers.Im sure he can and will.Ill pm him a link to this thread. OG

Rellikbuzz

Sorry about those Sensi beans, Okie. Like someone mentioned earlier, I did read that quite a few people have had problems germing Sensi's seeds. In fact, I think there is a whole thread here on the topic. Oh well, you got Reeferman's beans up and going and that's what counts! Reeferman's strains are the most vigorous out there (just ask Texas Kid!).

I'll be tuning in to see how your grow goes from here and I wish you the best of luck with 'em!! :canabis:

wikidcalibudgrl

Well Okie,, I'm so sorry bout your beans, I've Never heard of anything like that,, Very strange & still no more growth from um??, so sad to hear!! least you got some other that germed good for ya 14 of 16 aint bad at all,, now just hope for LOTSA girly girls! I've heard great things bout the JH strain,,,would like to try some one day :rolleyes: Good luck on the rest of your grow and Good Health to ya! I'll be followin this one for sure!

~Wikid :friends: :joint:

Okie grown

Veteran
Well i went ahead and planted those last 8 seeds.Hi wild katgrl.I wish i got 14 of 16 that would be great!!So far ONLY 1 Seed has germed rite.All the others just put out a greyish Black lookin tap root and stop there.Never know may get 1 of these last 8 to germ .Such a BUMMER!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Really gutted for you m8....my mate over here had the exact same problem with sensis mr nice hashplant.... couldnt get em to germ... I know though some beans are really tough shells aint they... Hopefully another pack will be forthcoming and you will get another try.

Okie grown

Veteran
It was not thick shells i dont think.Thay would crack but the tap root would be rotten looking blackish.Then thay would not do anything ealse.I watched the 2nd batch (8) close and all did this.I hope i will get another shot at growing the jack.After talking with ben dronkers son (cant remember his name) i have been wanting to grow this strain.He says thay spent 6 or 8 yrs on it.Im glad i got 100% germ with reefermans newberry.That where started after the jacks.Same germ. tech. so im sure something happend to the seeds after thay left sd.. P.o. radation? (sp) lol

G

I am starting to germ my sensi seeds indoor pack. I am germing them four at a time due to space constraints. The first two wne tquickly and the next two needed a little help with the flat of my fingernail. I feel ya bro and hope yopu get the chance to grow out the whole pack of jh. I am looking for some goodies in this indoor mix of forty seeds from sensi and sd. Good luck!

Avid

G

thanks Okie. All four germed and are doing nicely in their new Xtreme Starter plugs along with their sisters. Hopeful wishing and a little GA3; giberrellic acid; helps. Two seedlings needed a little help along in opening their shells. grinning

Avid

nooely

yep harry thats them..how are they now..i am smoking mine now and well ,lets say you get that cold wet feeling around your eyes.that ever happen to you..mostly when i make kiff this happens to me so that must be saying something..great smoke

and heres a shot of something i am working with..blue thunder..from a very good friend over at ty

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
cheers nooely u mad fucker, lol i love the way u dont gove a fuck about ur face!! Hows ur thing coming anyway mate??

nooely

great.how thing with yourself.hope all is ok..well i am in the middle of a new grow mate and yes jacks in there for sure.and just put some bamboo in now as later is always later..

nooely

well i hope you like..when you geting yourself down here to smoke some of my crosses and mixed up weeds,and they can come and take me away if they want but still wont find a thing around me..well a small bit for meds

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
fecking nice one matey......and ill be heading south in the next couple months actually...I'll PM nearer the time mate! nice grow, thae last pic where u pointing at that leaf...what is that mate (dont say a plant, hahaha im the sarcastic one round here, lol) the leaves look a lot like the Kush/skunk cross I grew that looked the busness, yielded massive, but turned out to be shit...I might as well have made rope, but anyway, the leaves were beautiful though and i framed loads of em...they looked like that ojne ur pointing at !