What's new

I've been told . . .

rastamonunika

I've been told that at home depot they have a type of plastic which is heat resistant and can be used for your hps or mh lights. Is this true, some type of plexi or lexan? any info would be great =)

Peace and Love

ras UnIka

G

It would be called tempered glass. Glass that is made to withstand heat. Get the thinnest your able to get, because you lose more light/lumens the thicker it is. happy hunting!

Blatant :wave:

rastamonunika

thanks blatant but i was told that there is a non-glass material that is available at most hardware stores . . . thanks tho =)

peace love and Jello

ras Unika

rastamonunika

Well ive also developed another pickle . . . I originally planned to vent my HPS through the attic (planned during winter months), but now realize with the soaring heats that the fan wont work to its full potential . . . any ideas, im questioninng wheter or not to vent into neighboring room because they have AC, and in hot months you really dont want any extra hot air getting around sooo,, any ideas on this predicament as well?>?

lots of love

ras UnIka

G

Vent up into the attic - what's a little more heat up there, most attic venting systems are designed for it. Why would anyone vent into an air conditioned room and make the AC work harder, the whole purpose of air conditioning is to keep it cool, not add heat.

Just my :2cents:

G

any chance of going into the attic and tieing into the bathroom vapour vent? would help mask odor from plants, and eleminate any worries from excessive heat.