It's the Climate, stupid

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
is climatophobe even a word ??
probably in line with the rest of the information climate deniers use,
its made up ,, hehehe .

this is the closest i could find ..

Climacophobia, or the fear of the act of climbing, is a relatively unusual phobia. It is known as a specific phobia, just like acrophobia, a fear of heights, as well as bathmophobia, a fear of stairs and slopes.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Himalayas visible from India as nature ‘heals’ during coronavirus shutdown​

josh-photo1.jpg

By Josh K. Elliott Global News
Posted April 9, 2020 3:46 pm
The Himalayas are shown in the distance from Jalandhar in the Indian state of Punjab on April 3, 2020.
View image in full screen
The Himalayas are shown in the distance from Jalandhar in the Indian state of Punjab on April 3, 2020. Anshul Chopra/Instagram

Indians in the state of Punjab say nature is healing before their very eyes during the coronavirus lockdown, as the formerly smog-veiled peaks of the Himalayas are now clearly visible along the northern edge of the country.

Several photos of the mountains captured in Jalandhar, northern India, have gone viral this week, as social media users look for a silver lining to the dire stream of COVID-19 news.
READ MORE: Earth vibrations dip as humans stand still in coronavirus fight
Some locals claimed it’s the first time they’ve had a good view of the Himalayas’ Dhauladhar range in “decades.”
The mountains are approximately 200 kilometres north of Jalandhar, and they’re almost always hard to see except after it rains, according to the Times of India.

One of the best things about lockdown was that it gave people a chance really see the effect of pollution.

Hempy McNoodle

its made up ,, hehehe .

Climacophobia, or the fear of the act of climbing, is a relatively unusual phobia. It is known as a specific phobia, just like acrophobia, a fear of heights, as well as bathmophobia, a fear of stairs and slopes.
It is now :good:

Brother Nature

its made up ,, hehehe .

Bathmophobia, lol, who doesn't like a good bath.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
So the super rich (including obama) buying up property on Martha's Vineyard for tens of millions of dollars are just throwing money down a toilet since it will be under water in few years? :LOL:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/l...ck-michelle-obama-buy-marthas-vineyard-house/
I know nothing of Martha's Vineyard but close to me as I can find; IPCC predict a likely sea level increase on the central NSW coast of between 0.21m and 1.06m by 2100. I think the Obama's will be dead by then but their children or grandchildren may want to sell up. Sea levels will effect millions, but sea temperatures worry me more.

There has been a huge rise in sea temperatures down the East coast of Australia, causing coral bleaching, southern migration of species not previously found in colder waters, and the death of kelp forests. They are actually now trying to replant some of these with other kelp species.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I should know not to argue with a potato, nor youtube evidence

Speaking of SCAMs, did you hear the one about the big oil companies covering up what they knew about climate change for decades and funding climate denial propaganda. Now I just have to find a simple youtube clip for the veges to understand.

Last edited:

Ipotato

It is a scam if you can cut down perfectly good trees that are locking down the carbon convert them to biofuel releasing all that carbon back to atmosphere and claim carbon credits for it how does that even make sense? Also notice how only one side is calling the other names here.

Ipotato

I pay tax on plastic bags now about .50 Us cents each: for plastics that third world is dumping in their rivers. (We actually import garbage from other countries to burn it up to heat our cities/water) Here we don't have any plastic problem there is no garbage in nature why am I getting taxed? Because it looks good in press the net effect on environment is zero except people manufacturing plastic bags lost their jobs which we now import from less ambitious countries.
If you were serious about the environment start with yourself: you shouldn't be spending electricity growing a crop indoors that can grow outside with all that it entrails.
The person that did most for the climate on this planet to this day is Genghis Khan you can look it up. So the solution is there it's just not pretty

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pay tax on plastic bags now about .50 Us cents each: for plastics that third world is dumping in their rivers. (We actually import garbage from other countries to burn it up to heat our cities/water) Here we don't have any plastic problem there is no garbage in nature why am I getting taxed? Because it looks good in press the net effect on environment is zero except people manufacturing plastic bags lost their jobs which we now import from less ambitious countries.
If you were serious about the environment start with yourself: you shouldn't be spending electricity growing a crop indoors that can grow outside with all that it entrails.
The person that did most for the climate on this planet to this day is Genghis Khan you can look it up. So the solution is there it's just not pretty
I can agree with the growing indoors thing. I grow entirely outdoors and did so even in Canada (mothers-clones excepting).
The whole carbon tax thing IMO is not even part of the reality based discussion. It is political and is only being used as issues have been used by governments to tax people for ages.
It seems that the non-climatophobes like to make arguments based on CO2 alone and are not able to do the research which involves the mixing of various substances (gases) which are contributing to, not only air pollution but the upper atmospheric changes.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Bathmophobia, lol, who doesn't like a good bath.
that...would be me. i'm exclusively a shower person. never felt right stewing in the dirt soup you get when soaking in a tub. now, i DO see the attraction that soaking in a hot tub with a significant other (or ANYONE that spins your crank :whistling:) possesses for many of us...

Ipotato

Nothing like passing out in hot water (with your feet outside so you don't get too warm) and a joint in your hand only to wake up later in a cold bath.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So the super rich (including obama) buying up property on Martha's Vineyard for tens of millions of dollars are just throwing money down a toilet since it will be under water in few years? :LOL:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/l...ck-michelle-obama-buy-marthas-vineyard-house/
this is going to be on a much longer time line than that. they will be long dead & gone, and their descendants will have sold the homes before the rise becomes obvious there. unless you live on a low-lying island string (maybe Tuvalu and Kiribati in the Marshalls for example) in the south Pacific, you won't notice the foot or so rise in water. and there are areas in Florida where it is apparent at high tides...just in case you feel no sympathy for the islanders losing their homes to the sea already. myself, i'm not worried, living in the Appalachian Mountains...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Nothing like passing out in hot water (with your feet outside so you don't get too warm) and a joint in your hand only to wake up later in a cold bath.
your head is the main temp regulator. how do you let the water get cold? all of them i've been in have heaters...falling asleep in a tub is not a good idea.:help:

Ipotato

this is going to be on a much longer time line than that. they will be long dead & gone, and their descendants will have sold the homes before the rise becomes obvious there. unless you live on a low-lying island string (maybe Tuvalu and Kiribati in the Marshalls for example) in the south Pacific, you won't notice the foot or so rise in water. and there are areas in Florida where it is apparent at high tides...just in case you feel no sympathy for the islanders losing their homes to the sea already. myself, i'm not worried, living in the Appalachian Mountains...
My country is raising by 0.5- 1cm a year so the race is on! (post-glacial uplift)

Three Berries

nobody said that. a piss-poor excuse for a strawman you have there.:biglaugh: yup, i've heard of ice ages. you missed the point again, and no-i'm not gonna restate it so your simple mind understands it. volcanoes EXPEL , not intake. subduction zones intake, but nowhere near fast enough to keep Exxon as a profitable enterprise for eternity. here's a hint - what oil and gas that there is, will last a fuckload longer if we quit trying to power EVERYTHING with it.
So we power everything with fossil fuels? If we want to use renewable energy we better get busy because we need exponentially times more than what we got and we need it 24/7. So if you demand we stop using fossil fuels NOW then you are wanting to go live in the stone age times, All it will do is increase the use of easily to obtain fuels like wood.

What do you do now when and it's -20F with the winds howling and the roads closed when the power goes out? Because I have propane I can stay nice and comfy. And short of a major flood floating the tank away that is always there (got it chained to a tree). I can even run a generator off it so my 12/12 stays true.

And what's the big deal as we are down to months they say or we can't turn back. I'll say again, the air and climate are in better shape now than any time in my long life. Maybe it's climate changing back to the long term historic norms like California, or the natural progression of desert like the Sahara (helped by mankind).

Deforestation and natural climate changes due to outside planetary forces do not make fossil fuel the bogie man. Only those who want to CONTROL you and your energy use push that theory.

How many of your Climate Change Grifting Gurus are living on ocean front property? :asskick:LOL:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts